X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers Mon Ami Dom...Shorty

Comment

As the other American attending the Northern Film Fair, I am looking forward to saying "Hello" to fellow forum members. Please feel free to say "Hi" if you run into a man with a "Super 8 Database" t-shirt or "Cinemascope" sweatshirt. This will be a lot of fun for all attending!

Comment

I cannot wait to see everyone.

Comment

Hope some of you can do a good few pics and even some vids please.

Really good for those of us not there.

Though take care and all be safe etc.

Thanks Mark.

Comment

Hi Mark, will try to get some good shots of the event, provided I can drag myself away from the goodies!
            cheers John

Comment

Hi Greg, glad to hear you are coming to Blackpool this year,looking forward to meeting you, you won't be left lonely, they will be plenty of us to look after you and share the events and mealtimes with you. I will be arriving at the Grand Hotel on Friday sometime about 3-4pm so will seek you out for a welcome. If you have any queries please post here and I will help.
              So for now I will wish you a safe journey see you shortly and you too 'Shorty' (Joe).

Best Regards.
              Dave Watson

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your very kind and welcoming response. I am looking forward to meeting you on Friday.

Comment

I'll be there this year as usual. Looking forward to a bumper convention and meeting old and new friends!

Comment

Here are the arrangements...exact rooms to be announced, but you'll find them by following other collectors...

Friday night, from around 8pm...16 mm Feature "Dentist In The Chair" plus various shorts. This is an informal show to kick the weekend off. We basically set up a projector and watch a film.

The Saturday Cinema... 10 for 10.30am, with recent releases (most currently still available), in the morning, followed by the very latest releases in the afternoon; Jurassic Park from 1.30pm, Godzilla from 2.00pm, then moving to Star Wars and James Bond 007 opening sequences after that.

The Film Collectors' Dinner 7.30 for 8.00pm, but this did need to be booked in advance with Adrian Winchester.

Sunday, from 10.00am, The Convention.

Comment

Its getting close so a last reminder.......

We will be at the Sunday event with a seletion of fully reconditioned equipment , projectors, cameras, lamps and many other cine bits and pieces.

I will offer a 10% discount on anything purchased on the day when mentioning this forum site.

Also free insured UK delivery on oders over £50 (So you dont have to carry it home with you)

3 month used equipment warranty

Oh, and we take all major cards on the day.

It will be great to put some faces to names please come forward and introduce yourselves if only for a chat,

Nick

Click image for larger version

Name:	Green Smile.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	46979 Click image for larger version

Name:	Small Logo.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	46981
                      Attached Files

Comment

I shall be doing press coverage for Reel Image Magazine USA also looking forward to the Saturday presentation and the main event Sunday.
                        Thank you Elaine and team for making it happen.

Shall be bringing some interesting items for our table Sunday including 16mm feature card boxes. Money will be going direct to the British Legion. One box has been donated by Downing St. Yes!
                        And I'm not joking thank you Boris

Comment

There's two things I can do on Monday. Regret not going on Sunday is one of them... I could make an effort, even just to say hello.

Comment

Have a great weekend everyone.

Comment

Well , the long awaited weekend for me is about to start. A stiff double scotch about 10 pm ( helps me sleep) a quick shower, then hit the sack. Saturday about 10am hit the M6 then M55, about 80 minute ride. I always come in from StAnnes end and drive right along the seafront to prepare myself for the momentous event about to unfold. It’s been a long wait , but we’ll worth it. Looking forward to catching up with everyone and enjoying the evening meal etc.
                              Thanks to everyone for all the hard work and effort in putting on this fantastic celebration of film and friendship .
                              I have been attending film events all over the country since 1978 , the first one was at Chiswick Town Hall , a 9.5 do which started my interest in these events. Me and my pals would drive the 360 mile round trip in the day and stop on the way home for a meal and a beer and never think twice. I hope to keep attending these events for as long as I am able to!
                              John

Comment

Looking forward to see many of you. Had a nice chat with several already, but expect to meet more the next two days. Meeting people is the main thing for me here, and I am enjoying every minute. I am the other one with a Super 8 database t-shirt, so please come and say "hi" if you see me :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X