• Show
Clear All

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    This thread is now closed.

Leave a comment:

• Lee Mannering
    replied
    Or get mobbed to be something you do not want to be.
    Missed the point to your mind Tom but not mine.
    None of us were put on this earth to do what others want us to do.

Stay free, be free and make the most of your limited time here! More important things to worry about like
    projectiong films and making them.

Leave a comment:

• Terry Sills
    replied
    Good to hear some Champions of free speech on here, that have the courage to stand by their convictions. All too easy to relent to the political correctness ‘sheeples’ who bleat what they’re conditioned to think and say.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Photiou
    replied
    Graham, that sounds promising. I may even look out for that one myself.

Lee, you have completly missed the point mate. This thread isnt about who kisses who, its about sexualising comics, twisting kids heads. Who you hug and touch or kiss is your private affair not ours.

Martin, i agree with you 100%.
    As many in the UK will know, Dr Who became a female and while she actually played it well as she does in all her drama shows, she is stepping down, the ratings for Dr who when she joined just bombed.
    changing a well know character from a male to female again, is done to please certain groups,
    As a good friend pointed out to me, women have their own role models in miss Marple,vera,wonder woman, charlies Angels and any amount of gobby gun toting,sword swinging pin ups in most of the trash Hollywood puts out. They dont need to become characters that are written as men, Dr Who and possibly in the future james Bond, as one member said,the clue is in the name.

As per thread though, its good to hear the new Star Wars may be as the real fans wish for but sadly its too late for Superman.

I am not too sure why the media and Hollywood among others, have to change everything and turn it upside down and sexualise stuff simply to show deserved respect to certain groups. There are many others ways to show respect to people without thrusting their ways and views onto others.
    Last edited by Tom Photiou; October 18, 2021, 06:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lee Mannering
    replied
    Agreed John.
    I love hugging people its a great way to show or sort of say we understand each other or we are here together.
    I've hugged and also kissed male friends goodbye as they pass on having enjoyed a close supportive male friendship together.

Some of my male friends are single and I go on holiday with a couple from time to time enjoying great friendship and quite a few laughs.

Hugged a guy yesterday who was about to have a operation i had a few years back he seemed happier after being a little anxious about the opp.

Speaking for myself I'm more worried about people afraid to touch each other that who's kissing who.

I'm neutral on the sensuality thing and love everyone I meet we are all humans and equal.
    Just my thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Just one thing I should add about the new "Star Wars" movie is New Zealand director "Taika Waititi" not only is he directing it but involved in the writing of it as well, something that previous directors were not given the chance to do by Disney.

Now if you have ever watched any of Taika films, like "JoJo Rabbit" where he not only wrote the script but directed it as well as playing Hitler. You can be sure of one thing, Taika will give the Star Wars fans what they want. I am sure about that. In fact many loyal "Star Wars" fans seem to be pleased that Taika is doing it, thankfully Disney is giving him artistic freedom, so folks, any film that "Taika Waititi" is involved in, will certainly be interesting. something to look forward to

Leave a comment:

• Martin Davey
    replied
    Not just superheroes but many franchises have been destroyed by 'wokeness'. Dr who, Star Trek, and Star Wars were once popular, strong brands. Now many fans are alienated by the 'social engineering' forced into these shows. Interestingly on YouTube, critics of this movement ( but fans of the franchise) who have a huge amount of followers on their own channels, find that their viewing figures are somehow 'lowered' because they don't toe the official line. Toy manufactures lose out as the public don't want to buy figures of character x, and so on, because the life has been sucked out of the franchise.

In the UK the BBC thrust their own agender down the public's throat. I cancelled my TV licence legally back in the summer of 2020. If you don't like what is presented to you, I do advise you to do the same.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Photiou
    replied
    Osi. Thats it in nutshell.
    Bill, agree 100%. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Osi Osgood
    replied
    Yeah, honestly, I think this topic has went from a legitimate topic to mean spiritedness. I'm surprised it's went on this long. I'll only reiterate what one person stated, (sorry, I have forgotten who) ... I also think that there is no real need to give superheroes, that children look up to, a sex life. Just leave them as superheroes. Kids are not up to dealing with adult issues in what would widely be considered a "kid domain" of entertainment.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    It's not a word I'll ever use. Anyway, I realize I've gone off topic.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Phelps
    replied
    I don’t buy the explanation of the “n”word…..it’s ok for it to be used by some people but not by other people. It should be either used or not used.

Leave a comment:

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    Let’s go back to the premise of this thread. This has nothing to do with "minority views”. It has everything to do with showing people both the respect and the representation that they deserve and have been denied for a very long time. So DC has made a character bisexual. What is the big deal? There have been gay superheroes in comics for over 30 years. DC and Marvel have several thousand characters…..many in numerous timelines….there are even multiple Supermen. So a very small number are actually not heterosexual. Wow.

Tom posed an interesting question about the ’N’ word. He said "everyone breaks down in fear if the word that people of colour actually do use to one another is mentioned, very weird, any explanations as to why that acceptable between them?"

Here’s an explanation. That word has been the ultimate insult to African Americans since the 17th century. It’s linked with violence and its purpose is to degrade a race of people and to deem them inferior. So why do Black people use it? They’ve taken control of it. They’ve taken that weapon away and turned it into something that can be used just between them. Why can’t White people use it? That really should be self explanatory.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Photiou
    replied
    I'm not disguising anything,
    If anyone wants to come on in mid debate and tell me im homophobic, expect it back. What do you want me to do? Ignore the comment's? I believe it was he, who suggested i'm homophobic which has nothing to do with this thread, it should be me who is offended, luckily i dont give a hoot about his comment, but i replied, simple as that.
    Where exactly have i called John anything or directed anything at him? i Have replied to HIS attack on me simply because he doesn't like the fact i dislike the new DC superman comic.
    Reading this Mike, it looks as though your also saying i shouldn't have an opinion in case it upsets others? Must i accept this new DC comic then and not have an opinion?

Last edited by Tom Photiou; October 17, 2021, 01:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Newell
    replied
    Tom, you have made a personal attack on John which is totally undeserved, unwarranted and out of order The views you are disguising as free speech deserve no comment just sadness.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Photiou
    replied
    John Armer wrote

"Tom, in the first Superman film I saw, he was kissing a girl. Now, he might just be kissing a boy. What's the problem with that? There are plenty of boys out there who kiss other boys, and plenty of girls who kiss girls. There are also boys who kiss boys and girls, and... you get the drift".

Did you have a problem with Superman kissing a girl? I'm guessing not. If your issue is with him kissing a boy, isn't that a little bit homophobic? I notice you were quite happy to censor the 'N word' as you put it above, but you are OK to spell out 'queer' and 'puff'.

Let me reply to you,
    First of all, i do get the drift as you call it,
    The reason i have a problem with it is because i find it offensive, like minorities, i am also entitled to a view, i dont need crap like that thrust upon not just adults over 18 years old, but to kids who have access to these comics. Just because i dont like it, it doesn't make me homophobic as you call it, a word we seem to see a lot of lately, like racist, sexist and other names minorities like to throw around to people who dont agree with minority views. The reason boys are kissing boys these days is because of people drumming it into them that its normal. But hey, i dont have a problem with it, what people do and who they are is not my problem, (many these days dont even know what they are) but i do have a view, but when i put my view out, its deemed offensive, but i have to accept other peoples views, your views? No i dont, and wont.

No i dont have a problem with Superman kissing girls, its actually, (contrary to popular belief), quite normal. No it isn't homophobic for me to not like him kissing men, THAT is what minorities believe and if thats what they believe then thats also fine with me, im certainly not changing my mind to "fit in", and i repeat, these new DC comics are pretty sad in that they feel they need to change the super hereo to fit in with a very small minority. Super weed more like it.

Regarding the N word, i guess everyone knows what i mean, sadly, this word is what the F and C word were in the 60s and 70s if either of these words were in movies in that era they would be given X certificates, today it seems odd that these two words are a must have in most movies and TV drama's today, yet everyone breaks down in fear if the word that people of colour actually do use to one another is mentioned, very weird, any explanations as to why that acceptable between them? and no, i dont have a problem with puff or queer as both words actually do have a meaning, the same as the sugar plum fairy can be used to describe the Disney character, (also know as Sugar Plum) or of course anyone else. You get the drift,,

Its all just a play on words mate, dont get upset John, Sticks and stones and all that.

BTW, who kisses who is irrelevant to my point, which is, why did DC comics feel they had to do this nonsense?

In a nutshell, I, find the new DC comic very sad, as Maurice said, it is the trend of today but do we really want to see it? It wont offend me as i wont waste money or time looking at such feeble crap.
    As Dave Baker said, if you dont like it dont see it, what i am doing is debating it.
    A bit like the PC James Bond of today, no doubt soon in the future films, in the end Bond wont get the girl, he'll run off into the sunset with his Man. Who's going to want to see that then?

Have a nice day
    Last edited by Tom Photiou; October 17, 2021, 12:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X