Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please be careful and prepared my friends ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that is because the common cold virus mutates very quickly, faster than 'flu, and that any vaccine would become ineffective before it was approved for human use.

Comment

Washington banning sporting events and gatherings with more than 250 people in Seattle area

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ns/5021925002/

I have not heard of any restrictions on movie theaters yet. A local fast food chain has instituted a ban on money; they only accept credit/debit cards now.

Comment

A number of local colleges here are cancelling classes and going to online instruction for the rest of the semester. Exactly what that means for things like laboratory sessions it will be interesting to find out.

-for now my German class is kaput!

Comment

Steve Klare ... Nicht sehr gut.

Comment

In the UK we are witnessing panic buying in the supermarkets of Pasta, Chicken and toilet rolls of all things which I've yet to work out. Chatting to Asda staff they were also scratching heads as to why

I stopped more than one guy not washing hands after visiting the Gents and a simple come on chum the waters free is usually enough. If you have elderly neighbours I've offered to shop for them to reduce risk as well. All be are careful and carry on washing.

Comment

I see in the news, that both Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson have been confirmed to have it while in Australia and are now in quarantine.

Comment

Many public events are being cancelled in Belgium and France (including, as reported in the appropriate section, the March 9.5 projection). I hope the Calella festival in Spain will be maintened in April, as the coming cine fairs in the UK and of course the 9.5 international festival.

Comment

I think that now we have world governments and heath officials taking a hand the responsible thing to do is postpone any large gathering as much as I love film any film event.

Comment

Not easy to know what to do. Consequences are different if you live around the corner or you have to travel from far away. I already have my train and coach tickets for Spain and the UK (three travels planned until June), not to mention next week stay in Paris. All those tickets (and hostels night) cannot be refound, so I hope this virus will extinct itself very soon.
                    Last edited by Dominique De Bast; March 12, 2020, 05:51 AM.

Comment

I know Dom its not good but likewise June will I hope see a very happier picture for the world. I had to cancel my hospital trip due to the start of a bad cold a throat, now have to wait around 7 months for another attempt grr.

Comment

And now the Republic of Ireland is closing schools, colleges and stopping public gatherings of more then a certain number (different for indoor to outdoor ones) being organised

Comment

Its certainly been a serious virus to deal with, it appears that if it gets into your lungs, that's when things can get nasty. Slowing down the spread worldwide, gives the medical people time to look at it closely and what treatments that may help. There is know magic cure for any virus except for our immunity to kill it, but even then our immunity can go out of control and work against us.

I have been impressed with the response by countries so far to contain it, as much as they can, Its a response that years ago eg back in 1970s most likely would not have been possible.

Take care everyone.

Comment

My home town, Hamilton, Ontario, has a great hospital called McMaster and MacMaster University is an excellent school.
                            The virus was isolated at this hospital, and announced locally Thursday:
                            https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9...ate-the-virus/

The information is now being shared by them to other researchers etc...

The virus precaution measures where I live in Ontario have heightened so fast, that they just extended the kids march break from 1 week to 3 weeks...and my wife is home working from home now until further notice.
                            There is no toilet paper or paper based product on any shelves here locally now.

With the whole family home, no better time to load up the super 8..............

Comment

I heard they have figured out why there is a shortage of toilet paper. Turns out that in a crowd, if someone coughs, everyone else craps their pants...

Comment

Well, looks like the problem here is people squeezin' the charmin...
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	B881075761Z.1_20200313185915_000_G80TI246.2-0_Super_Portrait.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.0 KB ID:	5966
                                https://www.thespec.com/opinion-stor...e-in-hamilton/

Comment

Working...
                                X