Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please be careful and prepared my friends ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems that some success is being realize using plasma therapy:
    https://menafn.com/1100010703/Turkey...asma-treatment

This is what doctors here in Hamilton at McMaster are working on to try to save people who have the virus:
    https://www.chch.com/canadian-resear...-for-covid-19/

Comment

They have now created a portable test kit in Canada. This is version 1 which works in 1 hour to give the results.
      Version 2 is suppose to knock that time in half:

Comment

Hope everyone here is OK I think its still going to be a long road to recovery. The spread and death rate worldwide has been horrific. Lately I and many others here also have been keeping track of has been happening in the US, in particular on your east coast so hope the good folks and there families of the US here are alright. The challenge for the world will be to help other countries "big time" such as India.

I got out my bubble yesterday for the first time in a month, when my son Steven phoned to see if I wanted to go for a bike ride through the nearby plantation. I took up his offer. Its the first time we have done something like that since he was young twenty years ago. The weather was perfect and I was pleased to see many others out in the fresh air, blasting around that plantation, mostly "passing me" . I kept hearing in my head Clint Eastwood famous line as I was puffing around...."a man has to know his limitations".....

Well keeping away from politics, this is where we are at as a country as from yesterday.

Stay safe everyone.

Comment

I am actually at work today: the facility I work at has been in continuous operation the whole time (Some Covid-19 research is being done here.) and most of us do what we can from home. Today some major power system is sickly so I came in to help fix it.

Strangest thing: Usually there are several hundred people here, today? -maybe 20.

We have to be gloved and masked most of the time: it forces you to think your way through every normal thing you've ever done!

(For example: a human being in gloves is invisible to their cell-phone.)
          Last edited by Steve Klare; April 20, 2020, 08:31 PM.

Comment

I haven't walked into a grocery store in four weeks. The delivery services just can't handle the demand in my area. For the past 3 weeks I've used the Drive-up & Go service at my local Safeway. I place an order online about every 6-7 days and schedule a pickup time. I just drive to the store and the groceries are placed in my trunk. I never have to get out of the car. I can't always get the items I want...but for the most part this has been the best option. I'm not starving

How do you like my mask? My neighbor made this for me this week. Her husband is a big Giants baseball fan and so am I. It's a really nice mask. Might as well have a little safe fun while social distancing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Safeway_Pickup_and_Go.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	8109

Comment

It really comes home to you the first (and hopefully only) time you hear of a person that you have met has died of this disease. That has happened to me, I didn't know him well but spoken at railtours over many years. He was in hospital recovering from bowel cancer when he got infected. I heard by email yesterday that he had contracted the virus there and despite having a good prognosis on the cancer Covid-19 had taken him.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fretwell View Post
                It really comes home to you the first (and hopefully only) time you hear of a person that you have met has died of this disease. That has happened to me, I didn't know him well but spoken at railtours over many years. He was in hospital recovering from bowel cancer when he got infected. I heard by email yesterday that he had contracted the virus there and despite having a good prognosis on the cancer Covid-19 had taken him.
                I'm so sorry to hear that Brian, my sincere condolences to his family and loved ones. Len.

Comment

My heart goes out to you Brian it is very painful at the moment. A friend of mine passed on 3 weeks ago with Coronavirus also having underlying conditions as well deeply saddening and one of the good guys. At present our Crematorium is 4 weeks behind and even more upsetting for the family but all we can do is keep all in our prayers and the there.

It is cold comfort but if we look at history there have been five Influenza pandemics in two lifetimes and lets pray we do not see this evil thing for a very long time as well. God bless and keep you all safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Mannering View Post
                    My heart goes out to you Brian it is very painful at the moment. A friend of mine passed on 3 weeks ago with Coronavirus also having underlying conditions as well deeply saddening and one of the good guys. At present our Crematorium is 4 weeks behind and even more upsetting for the family but all we can do is keep all in our prayers and the there.

It is cold comfort but if we look at history there have been five Influenza pandemics in two lifetimes and lets pray we do not see this evil thing for a very long time as well. God bless and keep you all safe.
                    I'm very sorry to hear about your friend Lee, my sincere condolences. After nearly 35 years of marriage I sadly lost my wife to cancer in January, we had no children so I'm alone and in lockdown at home. It's hard but I'm glad I didn't go first and leave her to face this pandemic on her own.

Comment

• Happy to see that in about 8 or so days, the lockdown will begin to lessen. I must say that there are some great things that hjave come out of this debacle ...

Los Angeles air quality is better than it has been in about 40 or so year!

same story all over the earth.

In Italy, the water has become so clear that the life in there, jellyfishes and such can actually be seen in the water.

I have been watching a record amount of films, and where is he harm in that?

Comment

• In the uk the air I'm breathing is so clear it's amazing reminding me of childhood in the garden of England. Also the wildlife is booming In a tree near me I'm watching 12 new chicks being fed.
                        From all the negative side there is some good to be found. Certainly never seen so many blue tits and robins

Comment

• I believe I have had it, and have only just come though the other side after almost 3 weeks. I got what I thought was food poisoning a few days after Easter with a feeling of dizziness, which felt out of place. The dizziness plus fatigue carried on with some nausea, and later I had a weird 'numbness and pain' in my legs. It was not until I started to talk about it to people that the penny dropped, as what I had, had no cough or much of a fever. Still I am very fortunate that I had a mild brush with it. I am in my early 50's. My only contact with the outside world is a visit to the supermarket, or the post through the door. My precautions were not enough it seems, so please be safe all.

Comment

• Comment

• Quarantined!

Comment

• Mathew James PERFECT!

Comment

Working...
                                X