Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackpool film collectors convention 2022 update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackpool film collectors convention 2022 update.

well summers on it's way out so time to start thinking about this years convention. now run by collectors for collectors. a superb weekend of film. a few tables still available for anyone wanting to sell on the sunday.whether your coming for the weekend or just the day a superb time is guaranteed. top dealers in attendance inc Classic.
    Last edited by Paul Barker; September 06, 2022, 04:36 AM.

I’ve just booked the Grand Hotel for 3 nights so look forward to seeing everyone during the weekend.

The are doing a special convention rate per night which is a bargain so it’s worth checking the grand out if you haven’t booked yet.

Blackpool here we come!!!

Comment

Agreed Mark - The Grand are doing some excellent deals if you mention the Film Fair.

Comment

We are pleased to report that, for the first time at Blackpool, there will be a 35mm show on the Friday night. Saturday boasts the all-day film show (feel free to bring some films to show- see them on the big screen!) plus the dinner at night which must be booked separately so see the above advert. Here, one fortunate raffle ticket holder will take away an Elmo ST1200 thanks to the generosity of Classic Home Cinema. All of the usual tables will be there on the Sunday, with two more recent enquiries just made. You are welcome to contact me to book a table if you have excess films or equipment to sell.

Comment

yes. what an excellent prize indeed. the raffle alway has great items to have a chance of winning on the night. i have seen people walk away with 8mm and 16mm features, film shorts etc etc. just a small part of this fun night.

Comment

Thanks Si, see you mates soon...Shorty

Comment

Adrian Winchester tells me that bookings are coming in fast for the Film Collectors' Dinner, on the Saturday night. It is here you could win an Elmo ST1200, so do contact Adrian (details on the above advert) to book. If you're staying at The Grand, you'll still need to tell Adrian of your intention to attend the dinner so that your hotel dinner booking (included with your room) can be transferred to this excellent event.

Comment

Hello members, some information for the forth coming Blackpool Convention dinner, at The Grand Hotel this will be held in our usual room the Nelson room on Saturday night 19th November, at the moment there's over fifty people booked in for the meal including ten friends from overseas and no doubt there will even more booked by the convention weekend, there will be as usual a private bar in the dining room so you won't go thirsty, it will be a three course meal followed by tea and or coffee. Adrian will be holding his infamous film quizz, always enjoyable. The raffle this year will include among its many prizes an ELMO ST1200 projector, generously donated by CLASSIC HOME CINEMA, a top 16mm feature film on IB Technicolour in Scope, a 2nd 16mm B/W comedy feature with many well known British film stars, a super 8 colour sound full length feature, a 2nd super 8 B/W full length feature a classic comedy much sought after by collectors, and printed on LLP polyester film stock. Special limited edition book about Shepperton Film Studios. Mike Royce has again made and donated a custom made usherette tray, one of our friends from Norway Eivind Mork is donating a specially made jigsaw with a super 8 theme. This is just a few of the many prizes you could win in the raffle tickets are only £1 each so don't miss out come to the dinner you're sure to enjoy it.
                The dinner will conclude of course with a film show, this years film show will be presented by Joe Caruso (shorty) our good friend all the way from the USA it will include film items not often seen here in the UK.
                To book or for more information contact Adrian Winchester Tel No. 020 8656 0168 Email. adrianw_8-16@tiscali.co.uk Dinner cost is £24 per person,
                if you are staying at the Grand Hotel on the dinner bed and breakfast deal you can transfer your evening meal to the Convention dinner at no extra cost
                but you must inform Adrian you wish to transfer to the convention dinner. Got any questions just post here on the Forum and we will reply,.
                Hope to see many of you there , Dave.

Comment

it's now just 4 weeks away. as you may know it now costs just £1 to enter any film related item in the Auction or on the Bring and Buy tables. a slip has to be filled in for each item. name address item description etc. slips will be available over the weekend from any of the organisers. they will also be in the foyer on the sunday morning. should you intend entering quite a few items. slips are available before the event. just contact me at paulrb50@googlemail.com. Paul.

Comment

ARE YOU COMMING TO THIS EVENT. it's just 4 weeks away. whether you attend the full weekend or just the sunday a great time is to be had. film shows friday, saturday and sunday. 35mm friday night. saturday evening meal with quiz. famous raffle etc.this weekend event will only continue with your support. so make an effort to attend. Dealer bookings are good.only a couple of spaces left. so if you have items to sell book a table now. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0121.jpg
Views:	704
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	67528

Comment

Superb Paul and the team.

I shall be filming the last few scenes for my film
                      CINEMA IN MINIATURE 2 on the big day a new documentary which will be released to collectors in 2023.

And check out those Blackpool illuminations as the whole golden mile have been fully restored.

Comment

I have just looked up the BBC text on today's rail services which state that no services will run THROUGH Blackpool today. I should hope not as both stations are termini ! There would be rather a crash of they tried to run through the buffers.

On a brighter side I have read that they were testing the tram extension in July, but I can't find an opening date. I hope to see them running during the Convention.
                        Last edited by Brian Fretwell; October 23, 2022, 11:16 AM.

Comment

I've been looking into the tram extension but I'm afraid it looks like this will (finally) be good news for next year and not this year. For those unfamiliar with this, it means you'll be able to arrive at Blackpool North station and from there get a tram direct to Wilton Parade, a few yards from The Grand.

Comment

only 3 weeks away. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0121.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	67963 rememember use it or loose it. it's up to YOU.

Comment

I go into hospital just before this wonderful event but I'll definitely be at the event even if I'm still wearing my pajamas!

Ade. Been photographing the extension and it was really nice to see the old stone road and the beach sand underneath. The beach actually extends nearly 2 miles inland under all the buildings. Old fact but true.

Going to these film fairs over the years has been wonderful to see friendly faces and we always seem to find something a little special to buy don't we. Really nice the dinner is so well attended and a good time to meet up and have a good chat.
                              Well done all of you.

Comment

Working...
                              X