Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackpool film collectors convention 2022 update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay well Lee, Cheers...want to see you again, you may have those elusive RKO shorts I've longed for, or something else..will look forward to your good company at Blackpool..Shorty

Comment

less than a week to go to this long standing event. the only one of its kind in the UK. whether you are attending for just a day or able to make the full weekend.have a fun time. forget all the troubles around us and immerce yourself in film. chat with other collectors and hopefully come away with some great film and equipment bargains. should you be there for the saturday daytime film shows feel free to bring along a short film. 8mm or 16mm. it could be shown in the day. and if you are attending the saturday evening meal. good luck to all with the raffle. some fantastic prizes. see you there. Paul.

Comment

Thankfully no rail strikes have been called for that weekend, though I have been moved to an earlier train to Preston on Friday. I seem to remember there is a decent pub opposite the station.

See you on Friday.

Comment

It really will be a great weekend, or just the Sunday, whichever you decide. If there's a question you've always wanted to ask Derann, now's your chance, as we're delighted to say Ged Jones will join us on the Sunday for a question and answer session. On the Saturday, there's a chance to win an Elmo ST1200 thanks to Classic, with Friday seeing another first for Blackpool...a 35mm show at 8pm.

Comment

Cheers mate, Shorty

Comment

There'll be five of us making the 4-5 hour drive up to Blackpool for the weekend. We'll be too late for the Friday show but are all going to the evening dinner and I will be dipping in and out of the Saturday and Sunday events so will say hi if I manage to work out who everyone is in real life!

Comment

Does anyone else think we should have another forum members group photograph this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fretwell View Post
                  Does anyone else think we should have another forum members group photograph this year?
                  I do.

Comment

Mai Oui...Bien, Shorty

Comment

The programmes are being printed, as I write!

Comment

Excellent Si, see you and everyone soon for drinks and sandwiches.... Cheers, Shorty

Comment

Hope you got that Xmas no 3 in it Si

Comment

I'm sure you wont mind me mentioning this here. Remembrance Parade with the BritishLegion.
                            I have again collected the wreath boxes from the district which are ideal for 16mm features so will have these at Blackpool at £2 each with the money going back direct to the good work the Legion do for our forces.

REELLY looking forward to the weekend.

Comment

I've arrived, all well here...if anyone wants to have a dinner and talk, please do Cheers, Shorty

Comment

I'm just about to leave for the train, see you all later.

Comment

Working...
                                X