Name:	image_8750.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	36616

Leave a comment:

• Steve Klare
    replied
    I bet it put up quite a fight!

The typical catch out of this port is fluke or flounder: weird looking fish that in their youth have one eye travel around their head so that as adults they have two eyes one one side and none on the other so they can lay on the bottom and stare up at the World.

I went for flounder with my Dad many times when I was growing up: you stand there with this pole maybe 4 feet long and bounce your hooks off the bottom. If you're lucky you can haul one of these deformed little fish up flapping for all they are worth and have it for dinner.

-good eatin' too, but nothing to get up at 4:30 for!

Not that this can't be exciting! Years (...well, decades) ago, Dad went out on a party boat for fluke. -maybe 50 guys, maybe 250 beers. All of a sudden there was an uproar back towards the stern: somebody caught a decent sized sand shark and hauled it up over the rail. Now this terrified mass of muscle and teeth is chasing a boatload of weekend fishermen around the deck! The whole boat is running around like some high speed conga-line!

-finally one of the mates pinned it down to the deck, cut the line and heaved it over the side.

Buy a man a fish, you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, you just may give him some stories to tell!
    Last edited by Steve Klare; June 19, 2021, 09:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Brilliant Steve... hope they like fish

Leave a comment:

• Steve Klare
    replied
    By the Sea!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Captree 6_18_2021.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.5 KB ID:	36580

Maybe twice per year, we go down to a local fishing boat basin. We're too lazy (and unmotivated) to actually board a party-boat at 6AM and go fishing: instead we walk the docks and get some sea-air, maybe stop in and get some hot dogs and clam chowder.

Someone else was a lot more high-seas oriented than we are. While we were there a small boat docked and created quite a stir!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Captree Shark 6_2021 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.6 KB ID:	36581

They said it's a thresher shark and they are good eatin'!

(Hope so: they now have 187 Lbs. [85kg.] of it!)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X