X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Klare
    replied
    -kind of a shame!

I was in Vienna in June of 2002, -didn't get my first Eumig until that September.

(My wife asked "Why do you need another movie projector?". The answer was "sound"!)

If I already had it a while maybe I'd have gone!

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Well Ali you cant do better than that

Here is one from the "Eumig Museum" that came through today ...neat eh!.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	270420916_1065674333974797_5839708219505556340_n.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	50613

Leave a comment:

• Ali Hipperson
    replied
    Haggis, Nipps and Tatties - with a wee dram of whisky to pour over the haggis šŸ˜‹

Leave a comment:

• Ali Hipperson
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ali Hipperson
    replied
    Having worked all Christmas Eve and Day behind the bar (for the first time since 1985!) I finally had my version of Christmas Dinner on Boxing/St Stephens Day....

Leave a comment:

• Steve Klare
    replied
    Done!
    The caster went right back where it started.
    (-and that pesky spare dining room chair is back in storage where it belongs! Seriously: there are only three of us, why have six chairs all the time?!)

Sound checks were nominal: the show shall go on!

Leave a comment:

• Ali Hipperson
    replied
    Steve - don't you know that it's good golf etiquette to always replace your divots! šŸ¤£

Leave a comment:

• Steve Klare
    replied
    Restoration Day!

We are currently in stand-down mode here. We had dinner guests Christmas Night, so we had to come as close to full dining-room mode as we ever get! This is complicated by us being in maximum theater-mode for Christmas week.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	The Show Must Go On.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.4 KB ID:	50268

December 23rd, Evening

Click image for larger version  Name:	Stand_down.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.4 KB ID:	50269
    December 25th, Afternoon
    (Note the caster divot in the carpet where my projection table stood!)

So we have unplugged cables shoved under furniture and projectors standing reel-less on dresser-tops upstairs. Today everything will migrate back into position and get hooked up again. My son and I have to carry the table with the mixer and disc player and power strip and a lot of local cables still hooked up down the stairs. I'll take advantage of opportunities and clean the table top while the machines are off and re-route the cables more neatly as they get re-connected.

At the end it's kind of like an orchestra: turn everything on, turn the amp volume up slowly in case the ground loop rears its ugly head (missing connection!), and then twist each mixer knob until the hum of each machine comes up, when everybody sounds ready: showtime!

Funny: My wife asked me to show something to our guests. I had to tell her this doesn't all fall into place in five minutes and other than maybe hanging the speaker on the Pageant, we were closed for Christmas!

(Bob Cratchit got the day off, why shouldn't I?)

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Brilliant Lincoln

Today is boxing day. I think here in NZ we are a day ahead of the rest of the world, unless you live in the Antarctic , so Christmas day here was yesterday, a bit like seeing in the New Year we are the first

Today was a bit of a zzzzz time after yesterday, so decided to have a listen to the LP of "Blade Runner". I bought it new just a few years ago. The "Vangelis" soundtrack is really something, the clarity is brilliant. Its a great soundtrack to "chill out" to as I did a few hours ago. I have to admit if I close my eyes I find myself slowly drifting away zzzzz.

Anyway I took a couple of photos when I fully woke up at the end.

Name:	P1220023.JPG
Views:	240
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	50157

Name:	P1220026.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	50158

Name:	P1220028.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	50159

Name:	P1220027.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	50160

Leave a comment:

• Lincoln Thorn
    replied
    Because Iā€™m a 30 year old going on 9, my family found a Shogun Warrior 70ā€™s Godzilla for Christmas! Hail to the King Baby! Click image for larger version

Name:	94F11C48-A603-49B2-9C10-B34E9AAEFFC3.jpeg
Views:	251
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	50155

Leave a comment:

• Ali Hipperson
    replied
    Ed - I picked it up on my last day-trip to Largs. I'll be going there again in a few months and will get you a box and send it over šŸ‘šŸ™‚

Leave a comment:

• Ed Gordon
    replied
    Ali, that box of 'Old Fart Fudge' caught my eye. I tried to order a box from https://postapudding.co.uk but they don't ship to the US. Damn!

Leave a comment:

• Ali Hipperson
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lee Mannering
    replied
    Beautiful Graham
    Nice bit of lighting Steve

Something I started doing last Christmas during lock up after hearing a young child saying she would not be seeing Santa this year. Wifey made the costume with permission of the real Santa of course Last year just walked around the town waving at lit up faces but this year volunteered for youth groups who have taken a big financial hit from covid.
    This particular group of children one of which held my hand saying... We missed you last time Santa. They thankfully didn't see me getting choked up hearing that from that little girl.

Merry Christmas everyone.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20211223_204746.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.7 KB ID:	50031

Last edited by Lee Mannering; December 23, 2021, 02:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Klare
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	TSO December 22.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.7 KB ID:	50002

Last Night in Newark, New Jersey: Trans Siberian Orchestra!

-This is definitely NOT your father's Christmas concert (-especially if you had MY father!)

They say the electric utilities are challenged to keep up during the Holiday Season: this band may be a contributing factor all by themselves!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	TSO December 22_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.1 KB ID:	50003

Leave a comment:

Working...
X