No announcement yet.

Welcome to one "Mr ELMO"!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back Kevin. Hope you are enjoying your retirement. I would say that all Elmo owner's (incl. myself) are extra happy to see you back on the forum.
    I suppose now if we had Ugo Grassi back - it would then be like old times again. I don't see him on this forum, so maybe he didn't jump ship from the old forum? (my apoligies Ugo if you are listed on this forum) Tkns Kevin for all your knowledge on the Elmo's.

Comment

Ugo was actually elected to the Italian Senate in 2019. His term in office ends this year, and he sounds like a really busy guy!

Seriously!

Comment

Welcome, Kevin. I say that having only just recently re-surfaced myself from self imposed limbo......
        I still have my ST600M self conversion to stereo playback that you were kind enough to be so complementary about.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the kind words. Yes it's good to be back and I will impart all the knowledge I have picked over the years where ever I can. Yes retirement is great. I don't have to get up at unearthly times of the morning anymore. I lost my Mum (93 yrs old) who I lived with at the start of January this year so settling into a new way of life is a bit of a challenge but with the help and support of some of my film friends, I'm getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Klare View Post
            Ugo was actually elected to the Italian Senate in 2019. His term in office ends this year, and he sounds like a really busy guy!

Seriously!

Yes, I was intouched with Ugo and he said so. He is a Senator for National level. This is him... when he said to me that he wanted to say hello to the forum members.

Maybe at the end of this year he will rejoin...

cheers,
            winbert

Comment

You See!,

-THIS is why I should never be a Senator: I'd want to hang a big screen up front and show people movies!

Comment

I've a nice wee ELMO SC180 that has lost it's sound.Mr E(welcome home) whats the most likely cause please? The machine meter is responsive and everything else ticks over OK,regardsTrev

Comment

Its very nice to see you on here kevin.

Really good for those trying to keep thier machines going too.

But also , So sorry about your mum.

Hope you and the family are OK.

Best wishes Mark.

Comment

Thanks Mark, for your kind words.
                    Trevor, Its difficult to be sure but I suspect the amp circuit is similar to the ST600 machine in which case the meter is also driven by the output IC. If this is the case then I would be looking at either the headphone socket or external speaker socket. Both disconnect the built in speaker when in use. Try plugging a headphone jack in and out to operate the switch and the same with the extension speaker socket. Not having a circuit for the SC18 this is my best guess for now.

Comment

Thanks Kevin.Plugging in my headphones restores sound through them.No sound through the main speaker though.Looks like I lost function by lack of use?Trevor

Comment

Hopefully Trevor if you work the sockets a few times it will hopefully restore the internal speaker. I have seen this with the External speaker Din socket a few times so worth checking that. Yes lack of use of some of these features can cause all sorts of problems which is why I tell people to put there machines in and out of record when they use them as that helps to keep the switch contacts clean.

Comment

Kevin,
                          sorry about your Mum.I remember meeting her when I bought the GS to you many years ago.
                          My Mum made 100,she died 3 years ago. just before covid got going.

Comment

I heard Ugo is really good restoring GS1200 machines.

Comment

Yes Chip he was. He could strip one right down to the last screw, do a respray and then rebuild it again.

Comment

Working...
                              X