Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maurice Leakey

Hi all

Maurice is in hospital at the moment. He was admitted on 19th June. This is one of his daughters - Jane. He appears to have many problems - including weakened kidneys and problems eating. It's a worrying time. He wanted me to keep you in the loop. He is really missing being on here 💜

Maurice is a true friend of the people on this forum. Like many people here I have never had the pleasure of meeting him, but I consider him a friend of mine never the less. Please Jane extend to Maurice my sincere concern for his health and the hope that he will soon be home running his beloved film projectors again.

Comment

Hi Paul
      Thank you for your reply and your lovely words. I will pass them on to Dad. I too hope he will soon be projecting his films again.
      Jane

Comment

I wish Maurice a speedy recovery. He's very appreciated by all the members of this forum.

Comment

It's touching that you and your Dad would think of us at such a trying time: Thank You!

We wish him well!

Comment

Hi Dominique and Steve
            Thanks so much for your lovely replies. I will pass them on to Dad. He really loves this forum and giving advice. You all mean a lot to him. He told me he has many friends in here.
            Jane

Comment

I've copied your comments everyone and sent them to Dad. He's very pleased and says thanks 😊

Comment

Hello Jane, Your father is in my prayers.

Comment

Jane, your Dad is such a highly respected and important part of this forum community.

Please pass on all good wishes.

I do hope that he is fit and well and back here soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenneth Horan View Post
                    Hello Jane, Your father is in my prayers.
                    Hi Kenneth
                    Thank you. That is very much appreciated.
                    Jane

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Young View Post
                      Jane, your Dad is such a highly respected and important part of this forum community.

Please pass on all good wishes.

I do hope that he is fit and well and back here soon.
                      Hi Rob
                      Thank you so much
                      Jane

Comment

Jane,

Thank you for letting us know about your Dad. We've been so fortunate to have Maurice as a fellow member here since he joined the original version of this Forum back in 2007. As everyone has said, he is an integral part of the 8mm Forum and we can't wait for him to get better and to share his wisdom & experience again.

Comment

Sending best wishes from Essex.
                          Hoping he will be back here soon in good health.

Comment

I would like to second everything that has been written by everyone above.

Maurice is a human encyclopedia of every aspect of film knowledge both technical and viewing. His presence here makes it all worthwhile.

Comment

I hope that your dad’s getting well soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X