8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo 800 no light ??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo 800 no light ??
Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2014 09:58 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, i wonder if anyone can help me i have got a sankyo 800 projector and the bulb doesnt show any light ,ive put in a new bulb and no change ,is there a fuse or something that can sort this out ??? thanks

|  IP: Logged

Michael Hyde
Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2014 10:45 AM      Profile for Michael Hyde   Email Michael Hyde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's interesting, I have a 500 version showing exactly the same problem, ..help anyone?

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 05, 2014 11:25 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you newly acquired the projectors, and have they been without lamp operation since you bought them?

It could be that if they have had considerable use then the micro switches which are selected by the main control knob have faulty contacts and may need replacing.

--------------------
Maurice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted July 05, 2014 11:33 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would first check to see if there is current getting to bulb socket.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2014 11:38 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This a common problem with these type of lamps. It is usually caused by a build up of corrosion on the lamp pins. If you take a small knife or craft knife and scrape the corrosion off the pins and then replace the lamp it should rectify the fault. If not there may be a similar build up in the lamp holder. Sometimes this can be overcome by pushing the lamp pins in and out several times to break up the corrosion inside the holder. If that fails then it's a case of fitting a new lamp holder. I have only once had to resort to that. It can usually be corrected by the previous measures.

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2014 05:30 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok thanks for all your help.i should telln the story behind this ,i brought the projector 100% working from ebay but unfortunatly it arrived damed (by courier),the back cover is all cracked and broken and when i plugged it in it made a terrible noise ,i took the back off and found that one of the speakers
had fallen off and was hitting the motor so noise now sorted and it runs smooth ,but problem is there is no light the bulb looks ok ,and so does the spare it came with ,i managed to get a partial refund from the seller as this is such a nice machine and i wanted to keep it as im shure it can be repaired the main problem is the no lamplight issue i can live with the back cover problem for now ,also im a not all that up on electrical stuff so how do i check the lamp has voltage i have a multi meter is that all i need if so what do i do ,help very nuch appreciated

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 06, 2014 06:12 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pull the lamp holder off the lamp pins and apply the volt meter to the two holes in the lamp holder. You should get a reading of around or slightly below 15 volts depending in which position the High/Low switch is in.

Make sure it's running with the control knob set to lamp.

--------------------
Maurice

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2014 06:55 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have just tried multi meter on lamp holes and doesnt show a reading whats the next thing i can check ,also bulbs seem ok when checked ,thanks

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 06, 2014 07:56 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take off the back and trace the lead back to its terminals on the transformer. Check for output voltage.

--------------------
Maurice

Michael Hyde
Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2014 12:45 PM      Profile for Michael Hyde   Email Michael Hyde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my case the projector was functioning perfectly when last put away,however,this was fifteen years ago,but in a dry cool wardrobe,the corrosion was evident on the bulb pins,but cleaned off well,even new bulbs are not helping,so will persevere with the volt meter when time allows

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2014 01:14 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget what I said about corrosion build up in the lamp holder. I have had this same problem many times and it can usually be rectified by simply plugging and unplugging the lamp (pushing it in and out and wiggling ithe lamp pins in the lamp holder) But be careful not to be too rough. If that fails you will need to fit a new lamp holder. They can be purchased at Maplins and are not expensive.

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2014 11:08 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All sorted now was a wire come off must have been in the accident that it had in transit ,strangley though blew a bulb last night but put another in and ok so far .

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted July 07, 2014 11:55 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great news Nigel!!! The Sankyo 800 is a very cool projector...I hope to get mine running one day [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2014 12:02 PM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes its a very nice machine .

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC