8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Paul Foster Films website update (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Paul Foster Films website update
Paul Foster
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2014 06:07 AM      Profile for Paul Foster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Website has been updated today

WWW.FOSTERFILMS.CO.UK

Sale now on.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2014 08:22 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
definately no thanks.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 07, 2014 08:39 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
??? What?

Any problems with Mr. Foster? He's been delivering for me, though the prices are a bit high for me

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2014 08:44 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i will never ever buy from him again.

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2014 08:54 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing there for me ,seems to be a lack of decent stuff coming up these day except on ebay at big prices ,pauls films have allways bee good for me over the years no probs there

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2014 10:48 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The fact that there is less new films coming up blame Ebay NOT the dealers. Ive bought many films from Paul over the years and all have been excellent and delivered quickly.

Graham S

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 07, 2014 11:19 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me too ... I got a warning from him saying that The Goodbye Girl was quite faded, but for me, it was nothing to stop me from enjoying it. Very nice that they tell about condition and I now trust what he says. And as you said, UK to Norway in 3-4 days

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 07, 2014 12:43 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No complaints here!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2014 01:13 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quote;

"The fact that there is less new films coming up blame Ebay NOT the dealers. Ive bought many films from Paul over the years and all have been excellent and delivered quickly."

Try going to the last remaining conventions, such as Blackpool.

There see what bargains real collectors may have before they are bought and sold on.

[ September 08, 2014, 02:20 AM: Message edited by: Rob Young. ]

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2014 02:14 PM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
fully agree. also i can never understand why people will not get off their backsides and attend film conventions. after all its supporting your hobby. yet they are willing to pay highly inflated prices by post from a dealer.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 07, 2014 02:23 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, what about the dealers who use ebay only and don't offer any lists?
Paul does both ebay and lists on his website but there are dealers who go straight to ebay.
As I've said before apart from meeting other collectors what it means for conventions is that the cream of what you want won't be there,they will be reserved for ebay. [Wink] I've not always spoken in favour in the past but if any dealer comes on here to offer a new or updated list and we start to attack then maybe those lists may well dissapear?
This is only my thoughts,
We want to attend the next Ealing as you never know when it may be the last but as I've said,the cream of titles that you want will not be on the dealers stalls they will go on ebay for obvious reasons. There is clearly people around the world who are happy to pay way over the odds for films and even the best dealers can't get these prices by sending them out on there lists would we all not do the same? The example I,ll use is alien,put onto ebay by perrys and fetched, if I remember correctly over 700£ .If a dealer list went out with that title on it for that money would you critise it or Pay it? And how many on here would call that a dealers inflated price even though the dealer sold it on ebay to someone who probably doesn't realise there are still dealers around?
In a similar argument Paul,you said you don't understand why people won't get off there backsides to go to conventions, well let me say one thing on this , in a similar vein Phil at chc says why don't people do more for the magazine,that takes even less effort than traveling ealing, yet we all tap the keyboard on here to chat don't we. [Big Grin]
I'm only stirring the poop, but I think we should at least say thanks for the list before there is nothing but ebay. jeepers what a thought. [Frown]

[ September 07, 2014, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Tom Photiou ]

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2014 02:43 PM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
have to disagree re conventions ie the cream of what you want wont be there. blackpool last year had many super titles on sale a 16mm print of raiders of the lost ark for one.not seen that on sale by a dealer since. and you will see paul foster there buying many many films a cheap cheap prices which go on his lists. in my mind collectors need to attend these events.

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2014 02:55 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I'm not saying anything...but if I were a collector and I'd gone to Blackpool last year... there were some nice bargains to be had on the bring & buy...

[ September 08, 2014, 02:19 AM: Message edited by: Rob Young. ]

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2014 03:23 PM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ive never had any problems with paul he is a great guy if you ask him to keep a look out for certain films he will even when he workeelpd for derann he would help you in anyway he could

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted September 07, 2014 08:03 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here in the states the only option is purchasing from the lists and I have to say I have purchased some great titles from Paul in the past at decent prices. He secured a copy of "Shane" for me which is stunning and I feel reasonably priced and an anamorphic lens at a great price. His list may be in a lull right now in terms of new releases but eventually collectors will sell collections and he may have exactly what you are looking for. I am happy that he doesn't put the cream of his crop on Ebay. At least that i've noticed!
Oh and I love the fact that he answers the phone when I call! [Smile]

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2014 11:50 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The last film I bought from Paul was VINCENT. Someone dropped out and I was second in line and I snatched it. I remember someone had complained about the prices but I haven't seen a print for sale since, so I feel I got a bargain. I've bought other films from him including a Technicolor print of JOLSON STORY which I've enjoyed many times over.

Paul Foster
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2014 03:50 AM      Profile for Paul Foster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys much appreciated. Will not be at Blackpool this year as have other commitments that weekend. Much prefer Ealing anyway. Shame there's not one this year.

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2014 06:50 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I disagree, instead. I bought a print of "Over the Top" a few months ago from you. It wasn't up to expectations (THE expectations arising from your website where you state "All films in very good conditions") and I returned it, because the print had tramlines and was extremely dirty (i.e.: not in very good conditions!); cleaning/lubing it would have been a gamble IMHO, so I didn't do that. I was very upset when you didn't refund delivery expenses, too, claiming I should have. That would have been right if I had changed my mind, but the reason why I returned it was the print was not up to your description, period! And you can't blame me for not doing what you should've done in the first place: checking the print (at least partially) and cleaning it. I insisted on this with several emails but to no avail. Please make no mistake: I am 100% positive most of your transactions leave everybody happy, but this was not the case with me. And I am not referring this to harm you: it's just that this is a discussion forum, so exchanging experiences is part of the game. I think in this case you could have done better so I agree with P. Barker: I am not buying from you any more. Best of luck anyway.

--------------------
Maurizio

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted September 08, 2014 07:25 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Been buying of the lad for so many years and think I only asked to return a film once which he kindly swapped for another copy for me and post free! Paul probably has one of the most varied selection of titles in the UK and I do look forward to looking through his lists which have been a big help to me with thanks.
As when buying any vintage item it is worth asking for a more detailed description as some of us are very fussy even with old material. I'm more than happy. [Razz]

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2014 08:48 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow what debate paul only updated his website and your stabbing him [Confused]

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2014 08:57 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would recommend Paul Foster as a dealer to anyone. I've been a customer for many years and I have never been disappointed with a film I bought from him.
Personally, I'm glad he buys films at the conventions over there to sell on his lists; because I'll never get over there to buy any myself. Otherwise he has to wait for someone to sell their collection when they need money, or by the next-of-kin when they croak [Eek!]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2014 09:17 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well said joe ive never had a bad film off him he got me bambi , peter pan and the little mermaid and he checked each one . peter pan and bambi were still sealed but he still checked them for me but the little mermaid he said was aused copy but still good , so he does check them well [Razz]

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2014 11:46 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well here are my comments now you have had all your 2 penneth two sides to a story ,I screened the film that paul barker bought of paul foster and was nothing but a load of crap he asked for his money back and never got it ,paul had to sell it to get his money back and describe the faults he did manage to sell it but was out of pocket over £60.00 .re ealing if paul thinks its better than blackpool then he must go to ealing .I believe there are lots of stalls there selling dvds so he will be ok as I believe paul sells dvds now happy hunting at ealing

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 08, 2014 12:02 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I said, we should be saying thanks for the list, carry on like this and there wont be any more for long. At least Paul continues to do them. Weather you choose to buy or not is of course your choice. [Wink]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 08, 2014 12:24 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Well said Tom. I, like most, much prefer real lists and fixed prices wherever possible for films. It must be hard to be a dealer nowadays I would have thought given that all the prints that can be found have all been around the blpck a bit by now so hats off to all of them that still cater for our needs. Use it or lose it I think is the motto.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC