8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » What 16mm films did you see today? (Page 20)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25 

Author Topic: What 16mm films did you see today?
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 29, 2018 02:42 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great screenshots, superb print, Empire and the original Star Wars are the only two i like, Empire being, (IMO), the best of them all. I cant say any of the other star wars films are for me.

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted August 30, 2018 01:35 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Tom. Once the Ewoks made an appearance in "Return of The Jedi" things went down hill [Smile]

However the "Phantom Menace" was not bad and later bought the Scope "Pod Race" from Derann and still have it included on a Scope reel of films. I was later lucky enough to be given the feature on 35mm.

After the "Phantom Menace" I lost track of the others, and at the cinema out here they did not do well. I felt people had got tired of the hole Star Wars thing. The "Force Awakens" being one of the worst. I thought after that one I had enough, but would give it one more chance with "Rogue One" which I thought was a big improvement, but have not watched any others after that one.

I hope one day that Disney will give the fans a original edit release of the first two films, "A New Hope" which I still call just Star Wars and of course the "Empire Strikes Back", as Spielberg did just that, giving the fans the option with his release of ET onto Blu-ray, anyway Disney would be on a winner if they followed suit.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2018 04:06 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hemo the Magnificent
Yep The complete two reel high school educational film from Bell laboratories pink fade easier to watch especially if you’re squeamish super sharp clarity and the print in good condition all the way through only the pink fade is the problem

While trying to find something Else that I was not able to find I came across these reels that I had stored away in a can and wondered what is this only to my surprise and delight I remembered having it after I discovered it today.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2018 06:52 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chip,

Director Frank Capra made: "Hemo The Magnificent," and "Our Mr. Sun," that are my favorite and most entertaining above than the Disney's.

Graham,

I'm confident that your "Empire" print is definitely an LPP.

A good friend and I determined that the early LPP Kodak's were printed in '81-'82 without the LPP markings, overlapping the tail end of the Kodak SP's.

Making this LPP print one of the first on 16mm, because Empire was released in 1980.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 18, 2018 05:27 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A 1947 French feature : L'homme traqué.

--------------------
Dominique

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2018 06:26 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's an old, beat up TV print with VS, and rather grainy for a studio original, but Humphrey Bogart in the 1943 "Sahara" is just a great movie.

Did one of my smoothest manual changeovers in history between reel 2 and 3. Audience in attendance: zero. Drat.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 27, 2018 03:23 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two documentaries (in French) : "Attention aux vipères" (Beware Of Vipers), the title tells everything : a well made educational film about...vipers and "Au pays des buveurs de sang" (In The Land Of The Blood Drinkers"), a film about animals Hunting and about a Massaï tradition.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 28, 2018 04:55 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A black and white musical miniature : The Ouverture Of William Tell. The copy is negative but since it's a cartoon it doesn't really matter.

--------------------
Dominique

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 01, 2018 09:58 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched Lassiter (1984) starring Tom Sellack last night. It had been over a year since I had watched this print. Great color and a good cast.

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 05, 2018 05:00 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A French 1938 film : Le dompteur. Nice not famous film with some songs.

--------------------
Dominique

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 06, 2018 12:52 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I looked up your movie Dominque in IMDB. The poster showed a guy with his arm in a lions mouth [Smile] I love circus movies...IMDB said it was a comedy... Was it?

-

I watched Dear Heart (1964). My son doesn't like this movie...but he was out on a Friday night date... so I took advantage and picked a movie I really enjoy!

-

--------------------
Janice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 06, 2018 02:30 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Janice, it's a comedy. The translation of the title would be The Tamer. A clumsy man inherits by mistake of a circus but the condition is to perform Something. I like those pre-war films when people didn't know what was going to happen.

--------------------
Dominique

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2018 03:37 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another great print Janice, with good contrast. Not heard of this one either, but with Glen Ford and Angela Lansbury, it should be worth watching. So many old films that never get an airing these days on TV.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 06, 2018 10:07 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert...You are correct that many older movies are seldom shown on TV anymore. Here in the U.S. the cable channel TCM (Turner Classic Movies} plays older and classic movies regularly. My mom who is 92 watches TCM daily and says they also show silent films on occasion.

[ October 06, 2018, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2018 11:05 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fortunately over this side of the pond we have Talking Pictures TV, showing films that we would otherwise not see.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 08, 2018 12:52 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's getting darker earlier this time of year which means I can start watching my films earlier too. Last night I picked Continental Divide (1981) with John Belluchi and Blair Brown. My print has faded, but by adding filters some color is restored. I still very much enjoy this film.

-

--------------------
Janice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 09, 2018 12:14 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been on a roll in watching my films. I'm making up for not watching very many films during the summer. Tonight it was Sidney Poitier in Lilies of the Field (1963). I was in high school when this movie came out and I saw it in the theater. This is a great B&W print with excellent contrast and sound.

-

[ October 09, 2018, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2018 01:22 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That print looks awesome Janice. You have a very nice collection of films there! [Smile]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 09, 2018 11:57 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the nice comment Bill. My collection of films isn't big compared to most collectors...but they are all movies that can watch repeatedly...and I do [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 18, 2018 11:42 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A musical compilation (French songs from the 30's and 50's, extracts from films).

--------------------
Dominique

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 20, 2018 03:06 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mississippi Burning, full uncut version,
Received this item today at a fantastic price, (just goes to show how often prices are just made up out of thin air).
This is simply a very well made film by an excellent British director, Alan Parker and the cast is made up of some of the best actors. Tense, atmospheric and never a dull moment.
This print is like new, it is in excellent shape throughout and is probably, price wise, by far the best purchase of my 16mm collecting to date. These images are from reel one only as i couldn't be bothered to take any more, this is a film that requires the audience to watch it, not play about with a camera all the way through.These images really do not do it justice, the greens are deep as are all the colours.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2018 11:15 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks very nice Tom, well done on another great purchase, Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 21, 2018 02:52 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark, im very pleased with this film. And a truely lovly print. Theres certainly some very good stuff out there.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 24, 2018 07:49 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two enjoyables reels : compilations of songs extracts from French films ('30s, '40s and '50s).

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 31, 2018 07:24 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Accused (1936) an American remake (with Douglas Fairbanks Jr and Dolores del Rio) of a French film (Accusée, levez-vous) I own in 9.5. My copy has, luckily, a French soundtrack.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central
This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC