8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Akshay Nanjangud? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Akshay Nanjangud?
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 17, 2015 10:51 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am so disappointed with Akshay Nanjangud. I bought Africa Screams, but never got it. Tried asking for it, tried requesting money back on PayPal, but no reply whatsoever. What should and could one do about this?

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 17, 2015 11:48 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He is a past (or still) member on here, I think I still have his e-mail and I'll try to contact him for you. [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 17, 2015 12:34 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, I've just sent you in a PM the street address I have for Akshay. You may try to send a letter. I can of course not garantee this address is still correct. Good luck.

--------------------
Dominique

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2015 12:51 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar,

I've purchased from Akshay before and got the films sent. I know that he has moved back to India but, he should still be available for communication.

We should note that some sellers ask for gift payments to "avoid fees" however, the consequence of that payment is that you have absolutely no recourse.

Why not add the fee to price of the film to begin with and there will be buyer and seller protection for both parties?

I hope that you receive a full refund if the film never arrived. Either way, Akshay should respond with an apology and a refund. If the film arrives late (I've waited six months) you can pay him then, like COD (cash on delivery).

Many of us have shared your feeling when your patience has run out but, hang in there, it's not the only transaction you will ever make and perhaps learning from it helps reduce the disappointment in the future.

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 17, 2015 02:50 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks all. Yes, one learns from mistakes and you are right. Was sent as family, so I couldn't raise a claim with PayPal. I did think people here were trustworthy though and I always give people a chance.

Really sad that people have no problems scamming and cheating, but that's the way the world is I suppose. Luckily most people on the forums are great folks. Stay that way ;-)

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 17, 2015 03:52 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have to say i would only do paypal gift to very high profile members who we know to be 100%. anyone who comes on once in a blue moon would have to be a no no.
Must also say if someone buys from e bay itself and the seller asks for a gift to avoid costs then i dont think they should be selling on there. [Wink]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 17, 2015 11:53 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you get somewhere Vidar through Dominiques lead here. Very sad to think we have these types on a film lovers forum claiming to be the same themselves!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2015 12:34 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Vidar, I have bought a couple films from him in the past and was very pleased. Seem pleasant to deal with. I hope it all works out for you. I haven't noticed him on the forum for awhile now.

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 18, 2015 01:34 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been quite a while, so I think he stiffed me. He even gave me a total cost including shipping, but when he sent it, it was more expensive and wanted more money. I said I pay when the package arrived as he didn't even ask me if it was okay with a much higher shipping cost (I wouldn't have bought it if I knew)

I guess it's lost, but at least hope people beware when/if dealing with him. I wish he at least replied, but it seems not to be in his interest.

Thanks for your comments, I doubt it's any point sending a letter to the address Dominique gave me, as he apparantly moved from there

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted December 18, 2015 01:35 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently sent a super film to Majorca that may have gone walkies maybe, but will hopefully turn up.

I also had a trailer go missing in the UK, but that has had plenty of time to show up so might claim the £20 its covered for. But a long job I hear !!!

Hope yours does land Vidar. Its a funny time of year for post.

If it has gone missing properly let us know and we could all maybe send you a few bob each. The seller might be prepared to chip in as well. I would if I were him and its gone.

Best, good luck, Mark.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 18, 2015 03:16 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the moral of the story over all is always insist on a tracked service. At least with this, you can tell if it has gone missing since being posted.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 19, 2015 02:58 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is his last post:

free stuff!!!

Good luck Vidar,

--------------------
Winbert

Mark Silvester
Master Film Handler

- posted December 19, 2015 04:01 AM      Profile for Mark Silvester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

I think people also need to be careful making a "rash" judgment etc. it seems that this seller has been o.k. in the past so there may be a genuine reason, etc.

I have known a lot of "8mm" people who are still around that post on vaious forums that are not "saints" when it comes to selling...so I think that we ought to be careful about judging too soon.

--------------------
Mark Silvester

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 19, 2015 04:39 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree.

-maybe the real question here should be "Akshay Nanjangud -Is he OK?".

There are a lot of reasons for disappearing off a discussion forum and a lot of them aren't good.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 19, 2015 05:05 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funny I saw this thread yesterday and thought here we go again. Some film goes missing and there is the usual lynch mob mentality from certain elements. Looking back on past threads it would appear the seller was around on this forum for awhile and then made a decision to sell all his collection. He was located in Texas US and now appears to have relocated to India. This I presume was around July this year. He sold quite a few titles and was giving stuff away at the end not exactly the attitude of a gangster if you were up to collecting it from him. There have been no other reports of buyers being stiffed by him.

In regard to the purchase in question it was a $30.00 feature of Abbott & Costello feature of okay quality he even stated that which I presume was sent snail mail (surface mail). Technically if bought in July it is late but if purchase was September we could still be in the ball park of Texas to Norway.

Why anyone would send PayPal as family friend to a casual acquaintance is well beyond me. You might as well send cash in an envelope and not stick the envelope down.

Hopefully, it is communication issue between the punters in question or Santa may still make. a late delivery on his sleigh🎅🏾🎅🏾🎅🏾

On a technical issue this is really an 8mm matter and shouldn't be in the general yak section. I have also noted the dirty washing is aired here and not in the buyer's usual abode. Are we are sinners here👹 ? Is the other place we don't mention full of 😇😇😇. I always knew getting into heaven was difficult just didn't realise it was restricted to 97!!!

Anyway before God 😇removes my post Merry Christmas to all! And hopefully you get everything in the post.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 19, 2015 05:13 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-Yep!

The 8mm Forum:

Convenient when you need us,
"unmentionable" when you don't!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Paul Suchy
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 19, 2015 06:44 AM      Profile for Paul Suchy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Suchy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I am in the process of selling, it occurs to me that I could end up in the hospital or something else could happen before I get the items to the post office. I am devising a backup plan with a friend before I do any more selling, but many people don't have that option. If an employee at Ken Films was hospitalized, someone else would ship the film you ordered. Juan Adams was having health issues and I have lost touch with him, which means there are 2 ST1200 projectors that I sent to him but I never got repaired or returned. If his family doesn't have the information necessary to tie up loose ends, what can be done? Private Sellers are not big companies, and stuff happens.

--------------------
Paul Suchy

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 19, 2015 09:28 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With my warning post in the link above,I was able to detect his candor wasn't right, the way he was replying seemed sarcastic to the members and thus I posted what i did. I was hoping I was wrong, but Vidar has confirmed that we may have been correct, unfortunately.
Thanx for letting us know Vidar. There is always a rotten egg in the batch, but we have now weeded it out.
I don't buy much these days because I am poe-folk with this exchange rate [Smile] but many here that i have dealt with can vouch for those who are legit. I have dealt personally with Jim Seaberg, Vincent Zabbia, Roger Shunk, Shorty, and some more i can't remember right now, and it was fantastic service at both ends!!!

Personally, i would feel sick to my stomach if something i sent didn't arrive. In Canada, I send with tracking and if lost, I would pay the person back and file a claim to get my monies from the shipping company...but that is just me and I know Janice is similar. We both have 100% feedbacks on our ebay.

btw Vidar, Nice to see you posting again. We had heard of your health problems and am happy to see you up and at 'em!!!!
Take Care,
Matt

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 19, 2015 10:11 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He is now a rotten egg now through and through give me strength. The facts are one missing film from Texas to Norway paid for in a half arsed method via PayPal before shipping was agreed plus poor communication skills on both sides.

If this guy was a complete hood I would suspect there would be an array of complainers on here. Others in this thread appear to have received their films and been happy. At $30.00 dollars for a okay feature it was proberably crap anyway so it might be a favour that it is still travelling around the Bermuda Triangle or down beside the Titanic somewhere. In the interest of spirit of Christmas why don't we get the total cost of this fiasco and as Mark Todd suggested make a donation to a charity of Vidar choosing before uncle Doug comes in and slaps us all with a wet celery stick.

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 19, 2015 12:40 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did say we MAY have been correct, not that we are correct.
He has every opportunity to make good. Then he would not fit the bill of a rotten egg now would he? There is always a rotten egg in the batch, but it doesn't necessarily have to be him.

All i am doing is thanking Vidar for letting us know where a potential hazard may be. Thanx again Vidar!
Matt

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 19, 2015 01:03 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, I am not looking for donations, that is not a topic. Just wanted to know if anyone had problems with him. He said he lost the tracking number and could not fo anything. If I lost the tracking number, I'd give the money back as the buyer has nothing he/she could do. Some replies here feel unnecessary and unfair.

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 19, 2015 01:14 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar if the seller has posted the parcel via a company that issues a shipping number it may still be possible to trace the parcel. Contact the company and ask them to trace the parcel by using the sender and recipient postal names and addresses. It's a long shot but it won't take much for him to say what company it was. If he can't or won't supply a name he didn't post it.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 19, 2015 01:20 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I knew what he shipped with or his address, that would be possible perhaps, but he is not replying. I consider it lost money, just hoped he would perhaps see this and make it right.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted December 19, 2015 01:27 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I`ve had things take months both selling and buying so there is still hope. Especially at this time of year.

Fingers crossed.

Best Mark.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 19, 2015 01:34 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark, if it arrives I will let you know here

MERRY CHRISTMAS

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC