8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Your Screening Room Pictures. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12 

Author Topic: Your Screening Room Pictures.
Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2006 03:45 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
All of those pictures are excellent.I'm green with envy.andy.

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 19, 2006 01:12 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What superb images and Trevor, what a massive collection of cine goodies [Eek!] I'll try and get some done of mine but compared to whats on here i'd be a little embarrased [Embarrassed]
A Very good thread well done everyone,

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2006 02:36 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys.

I've never been really able to figure out uploading pics to this site. Whenever I try, Brad still seems to be staring at me. So rather than get killed, here's a link.............

http://www.vsp.cape.com/~prfcg/cgctowers.html

This link is mainly the Towers installed into my tiny booth. Currently, this is the setup.

This next link, is older pics of the booth, but with some shots of the basement cinema as well. The basement really has not changed much.

http://users.adelphia.net/~prfcg/s8s.html

Seems like it's time for me to do another photo shoot of the basement cinema, in due time I will try again.

Chip

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted July 19, 2006 02:41 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, don't be embarrased. I think everyone is just curious as to what each other uses as a screening area. The elaborate ones are great, but I also like to see what people have in their apartments, basements, garages, etc. Seeing the collectables is a interesting too. With all that weaponry no will attempt to hiest any of Trevs films. [Big Grin] Then there is my cat Sweetums standing sentry over my screening room. [Eek!]

-

[ July 21, 2006, 01:47 AM: Message edited by: Dan Lail ]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 20, 2006 05:46 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like this thread so we can learn from other and also give a comment.

But another idea to the two Moderators (Kevin and Douglas):

Would be possible under this thread ("screening room") you two guys create different sub-thread (folder) under the owner of the screening romm, e.g. Kevin's room, Winbert's room etc.

By having this way, so every body can give a comment to a particular room in one (sub) thread instead of what we have now.

In other way too, someone who just register in this forum can still submit his comment to the respective rooms, not only to the last picture, like the trend we see now.

Can we?

--------------------
Winbert

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted July 22, 2006 04:11 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately I dont this particular software will allow this [Frown] Its a good idea however. I will have a word with Brad.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 22, 2006 06:42 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe we could create a new forum area ("Member Cinemas" or such) exclusively for posts containing pictures. While at it, could you nudge Brad into changing the 550-pixel width limitation to 640 pixels [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 23, 2006 08:12 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that is easy.

You two guys as the moderator have a right to move the post, don't you?

And you two guys too have a right to delete a post.

What yu need to do now, I think, move this sticky post to forum menu, and name it as Jan's idea. Then make new post according to the respective owner and delete all posts that does not relate to the screening room (like my two posts here).

Having this way, the other members who stick posting in 16mm only will also be encouraged to contribute. The screening room does not matter 8mm or 16mm, does it?

Kev, Doug?

--------------------
Winbert

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 22, 2006 12:53 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev and Doug,

Did you see what did I mean? This thread become so silent...since other members (esp. the new one) tend not to comment on the first HTs appear, since people will only focus on the last post.

This will be diferent if each HT stands on different thread.

Just food for a thought,

--------------------
Winbert

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 25, 2006 11:15 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice idea, Winbert. We'll see what we can do. I'm also thinking we should keep our sticky posts to a minimum. The eyes kind of glaze over the top.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted August 26, 2006 12:39 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool pics guys.

Douglas, the 550 pixel limit is due to formatting of the forum and how the software handles people with lower resolution monitors. We are currently considering a foolproof method of forcing the server to resize pictures, but also be able to display the pictures full sized if clicked on. Not sure how feasible this is, but we'll see how it goes.

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 28, 2006 03:53 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

a friend has constructed a cinema in his parents' basement: http://www.joerg-palast.de/ (click onto "Technik & Ausstattung" on the left).

Jörg

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2006 04:56 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joerg, that really is some set up [Eek!] . It looks like a whole cinema in miniature! I can't read German, but I think the pictures say it all [Wink] .

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 29, 2006 02:57 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have only one word to say Joerg - awesome ! [Smile]

Dan - 'Sweetums' looks like she's getting ready to roar like the MGM lion! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2006 03:24 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a brillant set up there jorg.The pictures say more than the
words...Excellent.Andy.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 01, 2006 09:14 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are some old photo's when we first started a long long time ago.

-

Those photos of the foundation about 12yrs ago

-

-

The Projection box was 40inches long, not much room . The last photo is of my son taken about 9yrs ago he still has his projector and films and still gets them out from time to time.

-

-

The projection box had one GS1200 and a B/H 642 16mm projector the seats which are long gone are old aircraft seats which still had the "life jacket is under your seat" label on the back also they had fold down trays which came in handy, although those photos are old it was at the time a lot of fun building it.

[ May 10, 2008, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Graham Ritchie ]

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2006 05:54 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it true you are breeding GS1200s Graham? [Wink]

--------------------
Trevor

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 28, 2006 03:41 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Trevor
Yes, breeding plan going well with a healthy diet of Super8.

Graham [Wink]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 28, 2006 05:11 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham,

When you put the Projector on that way (the most above GS), does not that make keystoning? How do you avoid that?

Thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 28, 2006 03:20 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Wilbert
The keystoning is only very slight, and the side masking takes care of it, good point though, and I wonder how they deal with it at some of the conventions held in Britain. Some photos show the projectors angled steeply.

Graham.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 28, 2006 09:52 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its nice to see some 9.5mm in your images Trevor. I am keen on the vintage gauge myself along with the Pathe 17.5mm within my own collection, not to metion 28mm KOK. Hope to chat more to you in the new year about this.
All good wishes
Lee & Val.

Juergen Lossau
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 01, 2007 08:50 AM      Profile for Juergen Lossau   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
smallformat magazine would like to print an article about private cinemas. Please be so kind to allow me to show your cinemas too. Just send me some pics, some technical details, maybe a short story about the construction of your cinemas. lossau@smallformat.de - thanks in advance.

Joshua Vega
Film Handler

- posted June 18, 2007 10:02 PM      Profile for Joshua Vega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really have a screening room, i use my projectors as portables (well some are heavy--up to 20lb!) (sometimes i use my basement, mostly for my non-zoom lens Mansfield 8mm Projector, but my chinon sound projector works practically everywhere because of the 15-30mm zoom lens. I bet you can guess my favorite [Wink]

-

Here's my Chinon sound on sound projector, and

-
Here's my Mansfield projector (this is my whole collection, sadly, but im a young collector)

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted June 18, 2007 11:16 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joshua
Welcome to the forum, your photos look fine, my guess your favourite is the Mansfield [Wink]

Regards Graham. [Smile]

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 18, 2007 11:21 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joshua,

Welcome.
Thanks for posting
and sending the picts too.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC