8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Your Screening Room Pictures. (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Author Topic: Your Screening Room Pictures.
Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted December 01, 2009 07:27 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael: our daughter (who's turning three soon) has been attending shows since she was around one. Although she's used to monsters and such (I have all sorts of skeletons, props from haunted attractions and she cherishes a Cthulhu plush toy) we plan special matinees for her with cartoons and comedies. And she loves it. See my recent pictures in the "what film did you show" topic.
We she was very young, I put on Star Wars on Super 8 and she felt asleep looking at the spinning 1200ft spools... [Big Grin]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

|  IP: Logged

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2009 04:26 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc,
I showed her some Disney-cartoons and she loved them. But when she should sleep right next to my screening-room, she knows, that I am looking films and she wants to see them with me. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2009 06:22 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I've redone my screening room abit now, and here's an overview:

-

In the back you have the shelf with the projector on it (projector is dark blue), projecting onto the wall on the other side of the room, where I have a homemade screen, about 5ft x 3,5 ft in size. I am currently using my newly refurbished Elmo ST-180M which runs like a charm. From the projector I have a 3,5 minijack to RCA cable (red lines are cables) running to the stereo (the light blue part), which again runs to two speakers below the screen. I also have two more speakers that I'm planning on putting behind the seating to create a "cinema effect" but I don't have the sufficient cables for it at the moment.

The screening room currently has seating for approx. 5-6 people + myself in the "projectors throne" in the back, next to the projector.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Robert Lewis
Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2009 11:24 AM      Profile for Robert Lewis   Email Robert Lewis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having seen pictures of Members' screening rooms, I thought there might be some interest in my 16mm projectors. As can be seen from the pictures below (assuming I have managed to upload them correctly) I have two Eiki NT1 machines with anamorphic brackets and lens, and two Bauer P7 Universal machines. As yet I do not have anamorphic brackets for these, but I am hoping to get them soon.

As you can see from the picture of the Eiki machines, I am also into Super 8mm, having a Eumig machine and a Bell & Howell (Sankyo) machine.

-

-

Damien Taylor
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2009 11:51 PM      Profile for Damien Taylor   Email Damien Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still live at home and thanks to the graciousness of my parents and the incredible luck that there is a large window on the back wall of their home theater, my 'film junk' gets to sit outside on screening nights. I am only set up to run BR/DVD/VHS/LD and 35/16/S8 but that's enough for now. Obviously I have to wait for the sun to go down to see anything.

These images show the typical layout of projectors for a show involving all 3 film gauges.
 -
View from the inside looking out.
 -

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2009 11:56 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damien, I have a regular Seeburg juke box 45rpm 100 selection (a Marauder from 1972) sitting next to my rewind bench here at home. Whenever I am winding or checking film or doing any other work nearby it belts out a selection from my singles collection.

We formerly owned a jukebox and amusement company and this is the only juke that we still have from the dozens of record boxes we once owned, not to mention all the CD units.

David

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2010 12:34 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So everybody,i had my sundayafternoon screening,so i thought let's make a photo!
So for everyone,i watch my movies in the livingroom on an old screen,this year i'll buy and new and bigger screen!
Today it was Pinocchio that was on the watchlist! [Big Grin]

-

-

-

Cheers,
Jeroen [Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted January 31, 2010 11:13 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Pics of the new screening room here.

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 12, 2010 06:02 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, very impressive.

What brand/model are the seats?

Is the screening room located in a house, factory area or cinema complex?

David

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 13, 2010 12:51 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent, but, too much glass between booth and auditorium for my personal liking. I'm a little old-fashioned in that way.
[Smile]

Alan L. Hitchcox
Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2010 09:26 PM      Profile for Alan L. Hitchcox   Author's Homepage   Email Alan L. Hitchcox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These posts are great -- some really impressive setups.
My wife always thinks I have way too much stuff. I showed her some of these pics so she could see how small-time my operation is.
Maybe now she won't complain if I pick up a few more things.

--------------------
Alan Hitchcox
Willoughby, Ohio USA

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2010 06:54 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, I'm almost physically drooling! [Smile]

The auditorium is amazing, but I loovve that projection room!

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2010 11:31 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob,
Brads' screening room,
It's cool,
but don't drool

That's not a home cinema
but, a transplanted auditorium from the local multiplex.
with deep pockets of popcorn.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

David Erskine
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2010 05:03 PM      Profile for David Erskine   Email David Erskine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On one of Keith Wilton's "Armchair Odeons" tapes/discs there's a guy who has his projectors on a turntable in the attic - and can just about get his top half up by them to load film -- but he daren't put weight on!! Brad's place is VERY impressive - I drool too - but then I go out to my cinema in the garden and walk in sideways to avoid tripping over stuff! Carol says she's going to sort me out and build the prosc arch and masking etc - and fit a 'Safety Curtain' too!
Cheers, David E

--------------------
I've NEVER let failure go to MY head!

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 11, 2010 08:59 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I passed a major milestone today.

I ran speaker wiring from my Amp at the back of the house through the basement and up to two speakers on either side of the screen which rolls down inside the front bay window. It's something I've been thinking about for several years, but until we finished our renovations the stereo was on a different level altogether and not connectable to my screening area or my projectors. (Split level house: floors on the East side of the house don't line up with the ones on the West)

The speakers are a nice big set my Dad once had. Unfortunately the foam surrounds on the woofers are shot so I'll be buying replacement foam kits and rebuilding them. Worse comes to worse I'll buy new speakers, but I'd like to give this a shot.

Next step after that is to build some sort of interface to take the outputs of two projectors and feed them into a spare input on my Amp.

The next few months should be interesting!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 07, 2010 08:37 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Followup:

A few weeks ago I tried repairing the woofer and was successful. I'll do the other one when I have time to spare or it blows (whichever comes first...)

It was like a two evening project, not that hard, just one step at a time.

http://www.studiosoundelectronics.com/speakerkits.htm#10

(Highly recommended...Especially where the other choice is trashing really good quality speakers and spending hundreds on new ones.)

Next is to build a circuit to take the aux outputs of the projector and feed them into the stereo amp. Since the projector and the amp are going to be plugged into different outlets (distance), I'm going to start with a circuit to break any ground loops and then work on circuits to eliminate hum.

I have the board, I have the box, I have some of the parts...all that's lacking is time and energy!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Jorge Rondao
Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2010 12:31 PM      Profile for Jorge Rondao   Author's Homepage   Email Jorge Rondao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finely my home cinema ready

Photos - [URL = http://img137.imageshack.us/g/imagem3fy.jpg/ ]

-

[ September 23, 2010, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: Jorge Rondao ]

--------------------
Lets show another movie

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2010 08:39 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simply Fantastic.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Jorge Rondao
Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2010 05:05 PM      Profile for Jorge Rondao   Author's Homepage   Email Jorge Rondao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Michael.

--------------------
Lets show another movie

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2010 11:16 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These are pictures from my screening room . I love my ELMO Hi Vision SC 18 2 Track Super 8 sound projector. I love Sci Fi films and Superman 40's cartoons. I have been collecting for 45 years this is only 1/3 of my collection. I started collecting in the late 60's 8mm silent films and then in the late 70's to late 80's sound films. I live in Las Vegas in Pahrump near Area 51.  -

[ October 19, 2012, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Laksmi Breathwaite ]

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2010 04:31 PM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is my Home Cinema..i am 34 years old.
And i love Super 8 Films

Here are a lot of pictures from my Fun Kino

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

My screening room picture is 1,80 Meter x 1,80 Meter

-

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2010 04:56 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would be afraid to get a title off the bottom of the tall stacks [Eek!]

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2010 05:03 PM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.... [Wink] [Smile]

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2010 07:57 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what are the yellow/red boxes?

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Douglas Meltzer

- posted December 08, 2010 08:12 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi and Andreas,

Very impressive!

Jim,

Those yellow/red boxes are releases from Piccolo Film.

-

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central
This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC