8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Season's Greetings

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Season's Greetings
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 12, 2006 05:45 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

.....from the Sunshine State.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 12, 2006 09:29 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome Old ad. If you ever had the gumption, you ought to put up a website of all your old super 8/standard 8mm Pathe ect. ads

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 12, 2006 10:31 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Paul,
I would also like to take the opportunity to wish yourself and other forum members and their families a Merry Christmas and a Happy and safe New Year.

Graham. [Smile]

Gary Brocklehurst
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 13, 2006 03:16 AM      Profile for Gary Brocklehurst   Email Gary Brocklehurst   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Paul

I too would like to personally wish all forum members a super Christmas and a healthy and peaceful 2007

Kindest Regards

Gary Brocklehurst, Derann

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 13, 2006 03:48 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Compliments of the season from sunny Auckland [Smile] !

--------------------
Trevor

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 13, 2006 12:17 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seasons Greetings, Happy Holidays, Wonderful Winterval, Merry Christmas and if you're a Pagan; have a great Winter Solstace.

I'm sure there's loads I've forgotten, but what ever your "thing" is, enjoy it. [Big Grin]

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2006 04:20 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed!

A very Merry Christmas, and a happy & prosperous New Year to One and All.

Dave.

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Peter Richards
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2006 10:23 AM      Profile for Peter Richards   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas

-

and thankyou for the very warm welcome to the 8mm forum

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2006 10:29 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, why are you green with envy, Peter??? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Dave.

--------------------
Dave.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2006 11:02 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A very MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL!

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

And thanks for the illustrations, Paul and Peter.

Nick.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted December 16, 2006 06:46 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Best to All, To All the Best - Let's hope we can all meet at the first 8mm Film-Con, if it ever happens

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2006 07:41 PM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A very merry Christmas and a happy New year to everyone. May 2007 enlarge our film collections... those sought after titles thought lost forever are still out there, hidden from the prying eyes of man in cellars and attics throughout the world, waiting for their chance to be re-discovered to stagger the imagination of collectors everywhere.
Loved the "Bela-Santa". [Big Grin]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 16, 2006 10:58 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amen Paul, I'm just betting that there a bunch of optical sound Super 8's with my name on them just a waiting for my hot little hands to find them (and afford them)

A happy little jingle jangle jingle in your pockets, those extra bucks to invest in your little "hobbies"!!

Merry Christmas to ye all.

P.S. Hey Kevin Faulkner, I bet you could make my Christmas Merry and Bright by parting with that Close Encounters of the Third Kind!!!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 23, 2006 01:19 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Xmas and a happy and reel new year to one and all.Andy.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 23, 2006 02:12 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas again!

A question to all my forum brothers across the pond in the U.K.-

I was just listening to a radio program on the local public station, and there was a British man explaining some Christmas customs over there. He mentioned that the traditional meal for Christmas dinner in England is "fish pie".

Is this true? What is it and how many of you guys actually make or eat this for Christmas?

Nick.

Ian John
Film Handler

- posted December 23, 2006 07:09 PM      Profile for Ian John   Email Ian John   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi James,

I don't know what planet that man was on, but in the 58 years I have been on the UK part of the planet, the traditional Christmas dinner has always been Roast Turkey, Sprouts, Roast Spuds, Carrots, Roast Parsnip, Peas, Stuffing, and Cranberry Sauce. Some folk may vary what they have for veg, but mainly the meat would be turkey, although, some may have Phesant or Duck. Anyway, writing about all this is making me feel hungary. Happy Christmas.

Ian. UK.

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2006 02:52 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fish pie???

Where did that come from???

First I've ever heard of it!!!

I think he's having you on!!!

--------------------
Dave.

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2006 03:45 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fish Pie????
I think this is probably due to fact that we "film nuts" in the UK traditionally watch "The Wizard of Oz".
After all the line in the song does say "Somewhere over the rainbow, 'weigh a pie'".(Doesn't mention fish, although this pun does smell a bit!)
Time to take the nasty pink pills again!!!!
A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.
Keith

[ December 24, 2006, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Keith Ashfield ]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2006 03:49 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well,it is almost xmas day here in NZ.We will have,prawn cocktails,whitebait fritters,turkey and cranberry,ham and pineapple,assorted vegs-hot or cold. Followed by pav and trifle.Then perc.coffee and a cheeseboard. In the morning I'll wake to mango and rock melon,honey and croissants mit coffee......something to look forward to [Smile]

--------------------
Trevor

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted December 24, 2006 06:47 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good job we are all so far away Trev or we would all be popping round, sounds very nice. Also you probaly have the weather too you lucky lot.
All the best Everyone.
Mark.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2006 08:05 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could almost be English Trev.......

Merry Christmas and a Super 8 New Year [Wink]

--------------------
Tony

Joerg Niggemann
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2006 10:33 AM      Profile for Joerg Niggemann   Email Joerg Niggemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A great hobby and great people here. A Merry Christmas to all forum members!

Joerg

Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2006 11:57 AM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry and happy,peacefull christmas to all the fellow collectors in this forum,god bless you all. [Smile]

--------------------
As Steven Spielberg says....
Nothing beats old school projection. Digital is just an imitation.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted December 24, 2006 12:56 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A very happy Christmas to all Forum members. Wishing you lots of trouble-free viewing in 2007.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 25, 2006 04:20 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Osi, no chance! unless!!!! [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC