8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 61st BFCC 27th October 2012 (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: 61st BFCC 27th October 2012
Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 08, 2012 01:26 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,
Do you have a link to your website where we can view these scans?
I'd love to see them.

|  IP: Logged

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2012 03:18 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re John and David's posts about early Blackpool conventions.
A friend and myself were regulars from '77 to '82.It was Les Siddall who organised the event but Bill Davison was the 'star' attraction so to speak.
Bill used Eumig projectors and Harry Garlick's Craven 20w amplifier and speakers for the shows. Super 8 showed its class when Tony Shapps presented the 400ft version of 'Born Free' in scope using the Elmo ST1200 in combination with the 16ft sidewinder scope screen.

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2012 04:57 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Michael O'Regan Do you have a link to your website where we can view these scans?
I'd love to see them.

Thought I put the link on, but my memory says I forgot. So here it is The Reel Image Although the site is called The Reel Image it has NO connection the Steve Osborne's magazine.

The site is currently under a makeover. I haven't updated for quite a while, but now I'm semi-retired I've set myself a few projects. Updating the site is one of them.

I'll put a temporary location for the scans already done at the weekend.

Always want old catalogues, film magazines, or just scans. Please send PM.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 08, 2012 05:04 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, that's a site I've been to in the past. Didn't realise it was yours, David. Thanks for the link.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2012 04:33 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
considering this is a well talked film convention and i am led to belived very well supported how come there are no photos surely somone must have took some or is it not allowed at this convention .there will be photos galore of blackpool which will be held on the 18th nov at 10am lookforward to seeing you all on the day

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 14, 2012 04:37 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are photos on the BFCC website.
www.bfcc.biz

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 14, 2012 07:49 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please, someone, post lots of pics of the forthcoming Blackpool convention on this forum. The BFCC pics are all documented and archived on the BFCC web site, but Blackpool photos rarely appear on this forum.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Antonio Costa Mota
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2012 06:53 AM      Profile for Antonio Costa Mota   Email Antonio Costa Mota   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I strongly support Paul´s suggestion. I would also love to see
a well done photo document of Blackpool´s event. I am sure a lot of collectors who won´t make it to the meeting, share the same desire.

--------------------
António C. Mota

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC