8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Number of Star Wars 2012 Screenings (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Number of Star Wars 2012 Screenings
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 20, 2012 06:39 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok folks its time to own up who has projected Star Wars on 8mm in 2012?

Me once. [Eek!]

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 20, 2012 08:57 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you talk the feature, I will miss out on that joy :-(

I've seen the 400' version about 5 times the past month or so, if that counts :-)

And it will be more

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2012 09:44 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the feature once in 2012, and the digest twice (once for me, once with audience). Its great when you don't have time to watch the whole movie. I sometimes will watch just the second half of the digest, just for the edited death-star battle. That scene never gets old, even if its on the faded-side.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 20, 2012 03:00 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Screenings can be from the 200ft reel up to the feature.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 20, 2012 03:17 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did the 200' two times today and the 400' yesterday

Dave Velazquez
Junior

- posted December 20, 2012 03:21 PM      Profile for Dave Velazquez   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Velazquez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I first saw STAR WARS in 1977. I was 6 years old. I will never get tired of watching this movie.

Nostalgia for the original trilogy hits me twice a year...during the Summer and the holidays.

I have the 2x400' of both SW and Empire and they are very prized. I screened them about twice last Summer. Certainly I will be screening them in the next week or so.

And one day I will absolutely own a full length print of at least one of the three.

Merry Christmas!
btw...New Zealand has reported that the end of the world has not occurred.

Raymond Glaser
Master Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2012 03:24 PM      Profile for Raymond Glaser   Email Raymond Glaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I screened the 400 foot versions a bunch of times this year ( I would love to have the feature )

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2012 05:02 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got few months ago again the Derann full feature (german dubbed in Stereo). I had in the past another one and also a 16mm print and I´m very happy that I found this near mint perfect quality print.
I screened it immediately and it was a big fun.
I think I will screen it again next time.

[ December 21, 2012, 03:39 AM: Message edited by: Oemer Yalinkilic ]

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2012 05:19 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched the 200' recently. Saw the blu-ray a few months back.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted December 20, 2012 07:33 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I screened it this year....2x! The Derann Version and the now moved on Cinevision. I prefer the Derann version myself.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted December 20, 2012 07:53 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't remember the last time I watched the feature, but it must
be over ten years ago.I must make the effort,but I always get
sidetracked by something else.

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2012 08:31 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does Empire Strikes Back count? I believe I watched Star Wars this year but don't remember. For sure last year. I watched it in German first, then after recorded in English then I watched another print then even another print. So for sure in all I watched it 4 times last year.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted December 21, 2012 03:15 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I Watched my ultimate cut-down once, sold the Derann version, and screened the last reel of the film in thirty-five many times.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 21, 2012 03:49 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We ran all three Star Wars features sometime last month. I think I even ran my second Star Wars feature earlier in the year just to check it was still okay.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 21, 2012 05:25 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you talking 16mm or is Return of the Jedi available in full feature too?

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 21, 2012 06:38 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Vidar,
on Super 8 relesed full length features are:
Star Wars A new hope
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
and Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge of the sith

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 21, 2012 07:14 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, good to know, I was not aware of neither Return or Sith

Guess those are even more rare than Star Wars and Empire?

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 21, 2012 07:28 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar,

Star Wars (eps 4) was printed more because it is more popular (it is also shown on imdb ratings).

Although Star Wars is circulated more but the price is still above the Empire due to that popularity.

--------------------
Winbert

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 21, 2012 01:36 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, the funny thing is, I haven't actually sat down this and watched the whole feature all the way through!

I have watched, numerous times ....

1. Marketing films STAR WARS digest part 2 AGFA film stock and absolutely gorgeous to look at, even after 35 or so years!

2. Ken Films STAR WARS part 2 scope digest. I'm still stunned that the color hasn't faded a bit (every copy of this I have seen for sale on ebay has always been faded to a greater or lesser degree). Though the film stock says Eastman (and not LPP) I wonder if this digest actually somehow made it onto a low fade variation of Eastman low fade ans they were playing with different variations on stock before LPP came out.

At any rate, a great little scope digest!

and, though not directly related ...

Marketing Films Empire Strikes Back Part 1. Lovely unfaded print, but with German sound, but hell, we know all the dialogue anyhow, so it's fun to hear it in German! It states "Opti-color" but that's just a name, as it is on Kodak SP film stock. Now whether they treated they're Kodak SP differently in the lab is another matter altogether, but it's certainly a nice print, and the German boxes for the "Empire" digests were cooler!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 22, 2012 12:35 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, not in 2012. If anyone wants to bring their print to my house and help me throw a party in 2013, well then that would be quite something. ;o)

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 22, 2012 03:42 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Star Wars was legally released on Super 8 owing to the fact 20th Century Fox owned the rights for UK release. When it came to Empire and Jedi it transpired that Fox did not have exclusive rights to grant a UK Super 8 release hence whey they appeared from other parts of the world.

I think I put the original reviews for all three films from Film For the Collector/Super 8 Film Review up on the reviews page of bfcc.biz.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 22, 2012 05:07 AM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Begin december, I 've projected "star Wars, a new hope" to my daughter and her cusin in 35mm.

Next december 27th, it will be "the empire strike back", kn 35mm.

Adn end January, it will be the last one: Return of the Jedi, in 35mm.

The '97 version.

Regards,

JC.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 22, 2012 05:54 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John- I thought "Jedi" was a legal super 8 release, as well as Star Wars. I know Derann had some sort of deal with Fox to release their films.

Always wondered about Empire though.

Osi-

Owning the prized super 8 Derann scope feature, you've never wathched the whole movie!?!? [Eek!]

James.

Dave Velazquez
Junior

- posted December 22, 2012 10:17 AM      Profile for Dave Velazquez   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Velazquez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey JC, where do you live? I'm coming over [Cool]

35mm prints of the original* trilogy? Really?

Enjoy!

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 22, 2012 11:22 AM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Star Wars is by far my most beloved super 8 feature. I own all three now and have watched them this year (2012)...

Star Wars: 5-6 Times
Empire: at least 3
Jedi: At least 2

Love it!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC