8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Osi's coring video (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Osi's coring video
Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 21, 2014 05:38 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, if Doug wishes to move this new issue to a new thread, that'll be fine with me. In fact, it might be best but that's up to Doug.
Otherwise, do Osi the courtesy of allowing him to reply.

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 21, 2014 07:40 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Doug, please move this.

Otherwise as if in the court, the Judge will say to the accused "you don't have any obligation to answer that question"

--------------------
Winbert

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 21, 2014 07:46 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If Osi is found guilty as charged, what is the sentence? I would suggest 5 years of watching GWTW once every day, with possible parole after 2 years for good behaviour, meaning no more uncoring(or is it coring?) of films. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 22, 2014 08:18 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately my super moderator powers cannot move a group of off topic posts to another thread, so instead I suggest we hold off a bit for Osi to start a new thread with his response.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2014 12:18 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug I hope in your role as super moderator you don't have to wear the full costume of underpants over tights. But you must be a super collector

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 22, 2014 12:53 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No need to start another post ...

to address Micheal's "concerns" ...

I actually got ahold of Fred about GWTW selling earlier this week, (Tuesday, I think), but since he has not written me back as of yet, I'm not sure if he got the e-mail, as he doesn't head to the library (as I do) every day, (except Sunday) or even, every week).

I've waited for a little bit because, with high dollar items, there is much more of a chance of a buyer watching a film once or not even watching it and getting "Buyers remorse" and demanding they're money back. It happens, folks.

If I was to send off Fred's money to him right away, and the person puts in a dispute for they're cash back, that would end up coming out of my own pocket, and having not worked a regular job in fours years (and literally living on "fumes"), well, there is no way that I am going to eat that!

So, I wait a little longer to let him know on GWTW. I treat Fred the same as the number of other people that I also sell for, (Fred is just one among many).

Now, onto Dan's latest diatribe ...

(sheesh, were on about all of this again?!)

Dan saw a post on the other forum from Joe Tafis ...

"Osi, After seeing all the "cored" films you're selling on eBay; I have a good idea of where all the Elmo 1200' aluminum reels I bought from Fred came from "

... To make on thing clear, all the films which I have recieved from Fred have been on 1200ft reels. In the unfortunate circum-stance of GWTW, Fred mailed off the four reels in separate boxes, reel 1# came with another two reels from him, and about a week later, the other three reels arrived, 2X1200ft and one 800 ft reel. The second package was unfortunately damaged in transit, (it's pretty hard to damage those boxes that Fred sends his films in, but apparently, it's possible).

Reels 3 and 4, on 1200ft ELMO reels, were bent and damaged too much to mail out with the sold film, the 800ft reel (white plastic ELMO reel), was actually cracked and broken.

Fortunately, the film itself was not damaged.

Now, I can't speak for any other seller, but I personally think that to sell one good 1200ft reel (part 1) and then have the other reels all cored would be silly and just cause more questions than answers, so I took the film off of reel 1 and cored that as well. Yeah, I said cored, whoopee do.

So, technically, the film arrived on reels, but un-useable reels
so, if you want to argue semantics all over again, go ahead, I'm done with this topic.

Dan, I highly encourage you to read the other post I have just put up.

Sincerely OSI Osgood

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 22, 2014 01:35 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your reply, Osi.
One thing still puzzles me and it's the contradiction between two posts of yours regarding GWTW.

The first one was on Feb 11th on this forum:

"In this case I got it cored, but just to show my determination to sell something proper, I actually had to "uncore" each and every reel with my one empty 600ft reel, just to test each reel and make sure it was in prime condition."

So, there and in a separate post elsewhere, you plainly stated that you received the print cored....and then just today you said:

"... To make on thing clear, all the films which I have recieved from Fred have been on 1200ft reels."

This is a clear contradiction, which cannot even be put down to something like an innocent mistake.

Oh, and I also wondered about this point. You said above that you received Reel 1 on a 1200ft reel from Fred, and:

"... so I took the film off of reel 1 and cored that as well."

You originally told us you had just one 600ft reel at your disposal. When pushed on that point you said that you had actually had two 600ft reels at your disposal. But, now it would appear that you also had a 1200ft reel to spare.

Again, it shouldn't be too difficult for anyone to see why I find it hard to reconcile all of this in my mind.

You understand my confusion, I'm sure. With obvious incongruities like that, you can understand why people might question you.

Can you, perhaps, clarify (clearly) these issues and maybe we'll be able to put this all to rest.

[ March 22, 2014, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Michael O'Regan ]

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted March 22, 2014 07:39 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi Osgood wrote.....
quote:
Dan, I highly encourage you to read the other post I have just put up.

Sincerely OSI Osgood

Osi, I read your other post before it was taken down, and I have my copy for future purposes. I know that personal attacks and threats are not allowed on this forum and understand why the post was deleted. Please bare in mind, this was not taken lightly on my part.

The original inquiry that started this whole thing was on this forum. The inquiry was why was the GWTW print on cores. You stated, "I got it cored". Then you said you viewed the film and cleaned it, using your "Platter onna Plank" and one 600' reel. This went on for weeks. Then you said you had two 600' reels. Then you did a post asking people to give you a definition of the word "cored". Now you say you received the film on 1200' reels. I and others have been questioning you about your statements because they just did not make sense, and the answers kept changing. Several times you tried to turn the attention to me about some emails and accusing me of stalking you. On another forum, you even stated, "I own you, Dan". What's up with that? These forums are for discussion and enjoyment of film collecting, selling, and reviewing, etc., not for wild goose chases. Selling other people's films is just not this difficult. I know from experience.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 22, 2014 08:11 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
These forums are for discussion and enjoyment of film collecting, selling, and reviewing, etc., not for wild goose chases
Dan it is in your very own forum you did that by opening a specific thread.

ps: the previous URL that linked to the context above has been deleted, of course by that forum admin/owner. That's fine with me because it is coincidentally in accordance with this forum's rules (that I just realized) not to link with another forum site. But below is the google cache of the topic that I meant. I think it will be a hard job to anyone, that includes Barrack Obama, asking google to delete this.. [Big Grin]

http://goo.gl/kNjA91

http://goo.gl/tJMpSS

What are they Dan? And btw welcome back, you break your hybernating periode with this forum only to chase Osi.... [Big Grin]

pss: you also break your very own rule "will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts"... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

cheers,

[ March 25, 2014, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: Winbert Hutahaean ]

--------------------
Winbert

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 24, 2014 01:26 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

I'd really appreciate honest answers to my questions above. Thanks.
There's no semantics involved in this, BTW. You have purposefully posted contradictory statements, and I'd just like you to help me understand why.
I await your reply.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 24, 2014 08:43 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this thread would not continue, but I am wrong.... [Confused]

Mike, do you really want to know everyone's business till that detail?

The main issue which started this debate has been solved.

I could imagine, that

quote:
A Chef is saying that he is cooking a steak made of Kobe Beef (the most expensive beef in the world only available from Japan).

Someone is suspicious that the steak is not made of Kobe Beef but instead from Canadian Angus Beef. He asks for a proof that the beef is a Kobe. The chef with his own way can show that it is a true Kobe Beef and everyone now believes in him. While he is explaining he says that the Kobe Beef was brought to him using a GMC Savana.

The man later found that GMC Savana is not available in this country, so it comes to his mind 'how come the Kobe Beef brought to this Chef?'. And he starts arguing that since GMC Savana is not available here so the Kobe Beef is not true.

I would say we better concern on the original (main) issue and if it is solved that is the end of this debate. There are probably many reasons why Osi saying that but that cannot remove the proof that Osi can put the film out of the reel v.v

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 24, 2014 10:20 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
sorry folks but I cant help it..... [Wink]

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 25, 2014 01:24 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd appreciate a reply from Osi.

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2014 03:47 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Give me a nice Aberdeen Angus steak any day. A proper one though where the mum & dad were both from Aberdeen. The Kobi looks to fatty for me.

Now if they could de-core the fat that would be great.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2014 09:18 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprised Doug hasn't locked this thread...
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 26, 2014 01:27 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprised that everybody believes Osi, and doesn't see (or doesn't want to see!) the implications of all this for the forums, but there ya go. Such is life.
[Roll Eyes]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 26, 2014 02:10 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been watching this develop and can honestly say I don't take Osi's side in it, nor anyone's.

There will be no winners here, not among the participants or the bystanders either. There will be no stunning victories: just a lot of scars, soiled reputations (deservedly or not...) and a current of anger running just below the surface.

The "good guys" and the "bad guys" (so hard to tell without the color coded hats...) will probably all be here next week and next month and come the day an excuse arises this will erupt again as some new crusade for Justice and Truth.

Of course it's traditional when something like this happens, some new film collecting Forum will pop up. I could actually start a Long Island 8mm Forum but with just Mike DeAngelis and me we could do that by E-mail!

Someday each of us will have a Forum, and everybody but the owner will be banned from all of them.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 26, 2014 02:26 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To be honest, I can totally understand why this whole business has angered a lot of people. In fact, it angers me, because I've come off the bad guy all 'round.

However, if anyone would like to take the time to check back over all the threads ( and I don't expect that anyone will bother - can't say that I blame you)) it would become readily apparent who is responsible for the length of time and space this has taken up. There has been evasion after fabrication after inconsistency after change of story, etc....and anyone who can't see this is deliberately choosing not to do so.

It could be argued that this should have been pursued privately and I did, in fact, apologise to Osi for perhaps not having done so in the first place.
So, at that point (about three weeks or so ago), in an attempt to keep further discussion off of the public forum, I contacted Osi privately in order to get some answers to my still unanswered queries. However, Osi immediately chose to make the discussion public again by answering my PRIVATE messages in public (on the other forum).
So, for anyone who thinks that I've dragged this on and on....that ain't the way it happened.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 26, 2014 02:37 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the latest development, please see this thread.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 26, 2014 02:38 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Acknowledged, Mike.

I don't think you are a bad guy, or the bad guy here at all.

-what I'm saying is in the end this is a story that has no white hats and deserves to ride off into the sunset, maybe with its tail between its legs.

The odds are pretty slim we're going to going to have a big toe-tapping musical closing number and everybody go home happy.

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 26, 2014 02:52 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, Steve. There's not going to be a happy ending, or in fact, any ending at all, as such.

The thing is that this is going to hang around Osi from here onward. He hasn't pulled the wool over everybody's eyes.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 26, 2014 02:55 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No white hat for anyone.

Maybe it will end like "2001, a Space Odyssey"

-the lights came up, the people started to half stand up, and we all said "That's IT??!"

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 26, 2014 03:03 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No white hat for anyone.
[Wink] OK!

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 26, 2014 03:06 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Truth be told, everyone wears a gray hat...metaphorically.

-even if you show up with a white one it gets soiled eventually.

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 26, 2014 03:08 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now, who's dragging the thread out!!!???
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Razz]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC