8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Osi's coring video (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Osi's coring video
Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 26, 2014 03:11 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See the thread about conjoined movie titles and see who's dragging it out!

(OK, no more hat metaphors!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 26, 2014 04:48 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike.

I will quote you. "I've come off the bad guy all round"

No you haven't.....you have asked straight forward questions....and expected straight forward answers, it is as simple as that.

Although some of us might take some parts this topic a bit light hearted, that's really to cool things down a bit.

The thing with the internet is, that whatever you put out there people will query it "like the name of this topic".. as long as folk are honest and up front, then its never going to be a problem.

I do hope "Osi" will make the effort to answer your questions.

Graham.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 26, 2014 05:24 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Graham.

I don't think it's really necessary for Osi to answer anything at this point. I've got a pretty good idea of what's been going on, as does anyone with any intelligence.
[Smile]

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2014 05:45 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is like the Movie Serial "The Perils of Pauline"
(Substitute "Osi" for "Pauline")
[Smile]

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 05, 2014 05:02 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, I'm confused.

Didn't this whole thing start off with Osi looking to use someone elses screenshots for his GWTW auction, because he said he was unable to take good enough screenshots himself?

But, earlier today on the other forum he is offering to send out screenshots of his which apparently are good enough show off the colour differences between scenes of a Blues Brothers print.

[Confused]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 05, 2014 05:13 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Micheal, you probably answered your own dilemma a couple of posts ago. This topic has now been been done to death and clearly has not been a good experience for relationships within the forum.

Perhaps it's best just to draw a line in the sand and move on from this as the forum, acting for the greater good of everyone, is more important I feel, than any personal point scoring excercises me thinks!

I believe a well respected moderator on another forum has contemplated closing the forum down because of the issues caused by this subject and for me personally, some of my friends and doubtless to say, many others this would be disastrous!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 05, 2014 05:18 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I guess you're right, Andrew.

Incidentally, this is not about scoring points. I have no need of those, here or anywhere else.
[Smile]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 05, 2014 05:22 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I respect that Micheal but we all want these forums to work mate.

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 05, 2014 05:27 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, Andrew, now you've hit the nail right on the head there.

That was and remains the reason for this whole issue in the first place.

See, my feeling is that, on a forum such as this, where buying and selling amongst members is a vital part of the proceedings, it can only work when all of the members are honest and up front with each other.

Am I wrong in such an assumption??

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 05, 2014 05:30 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Point taken Michael! [Smile]

--------------------

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 05, 2014 05:53 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its funny because I remember the first time I saw someone else's photos of a print they were selling. I couldn't believe how clear it looked and also how nice the color was. When I tried to take photos they always came out blurry and washed out. But then...I took a photo with my iPhone and thats the ones that I always use. Something about the shutter speed or whatnot that syncs well with movie prints projected on a wall.
If all the prints were the same, and I am pretty sure all the prints of Gone with the Wind on Super 8 were all the Derann prints - then there didn't seem to be a problem in asking for shots of the print to use.
All was smooth sailing until...Coregate!
This thread is a crazy one for sure but in the end I'm sure that the print had no problems, looks great, is probably on reels now somewhere in the world, and if the film had a problem I am pretty sure the seller would have no problem addressing the issue.
Or Paypal would do it for him!
[Smile]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 05, 2014 06:03 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Point also taken Alan, just trying to do my bit for the greater good of the forum and as far as I can see..... Nuff said!

I sure would hate to be a politician!

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 05, 2014 06:10 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike,

You assume that because the rest of us haven't picked up torches and pitch forks over this that we are taking Osi's side and disregarding everything that's been revealed.

That's not true. We've been watching and considering. Opinions have been formed even if we aren't yelling them out here.

I find this is nasty business and I really don't want any part of it. I don't want to take sides. I don't want to condemn anybody.

I really don't want to hear another word about it either.

I think the membership of this forum should pick a date no more than a week from today and petition Doug to lock all of these threads and the membership agree to declare this subject out of bounds.

Anybody with me?

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 05, 2014 06:12 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Here here!

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 05, 2014 11:32 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The petitions have started already and I see no need to wait any longer.

I seriously doubt if there are any other points to be made.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC