8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Edgar Kennedy Comedies on super 8 ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Edgar Kennedy Comedies on super 8 ...
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 23, 2016 12:16 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just run across an Edgar Kennedy comedy ("Next Door Neighbors" 1931" pretty funny), and i was wondering as to how many of these comedies came out on super 8 and standard 8mm?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2016 01:30 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have "Home Canning", 200ft Super 8 sound from Mountain Films.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 23, 2016 05:14 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where did you find NEXT-DOOR NEIGHBORS? As to the amount of shorts and cut-downs, there were 12 - From Powell, REd Fox, DCR, Derann and Mountain - Shorty

Joseph Randall
Master Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2016 09:03 PM      Profile for Joseph Randall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do they ever show these on TCM?

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 24, 2016 05:51 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
April 26th (Kennedy's Birthday), they aired 8 of the shorts - Looking forward to the day when it gets to be like REEL CAMP, showing a diverse mixture of RKOs - Shorty

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 24, 2016 12:09 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty ...
It was on a reel of "Comedy and cartoon shorts" from that fella that i received other great prints from, (some of which you have added to you're collection). That print of "Next Door Neighbors" is pretty darned giood, especially when compared to the copy on youtube.

I got interested in Edgar Kennedy yesterday and read that there is actually a restoration project on-going concerning the shorts of Edgar Kennedy! He was a master of the "slow-burn" [Smile]

Most people probably remember him from his little "tit for tat" fued with Harpo and Chico as a lemonade seller in 'Duck Soup".

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 24, 2016 04:52 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Myself, a long-time Kennedy aficionado - Read Bill Cassara's book; Edgar Kennedy; Master of The Slow-Burn - BearManor Media Books - There has been an on-going restoration - I have some 85 of the RKO shorts (tape/dvd and film), naturally I want to see and own the remaining 18 - Should you want to sell NEXT-DOOR NEIGHBORS, look no further

Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2016 05:01 PM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edgar Kennedy was also in quite a few Laurel and hardy films
Night owls and air raid wardens and many more.
Also stared with British comedian Will Hay in Hey Hey USA

--------------------
t.smith

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 25, 2016 12:13 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You'll certainly be the first if i should sell it, Shorty!!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC