8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » FS:Elmo GS-1200 Xenon Optical

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FS:Elmo GS-1200 Xenon Optical
Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2016 08:30 AM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$1000 + shipping. Paypal friends preferred or buyer cover paypal fees.

I will also trade it for films or anything else interesting you may have.

S̶h̶i̶p̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶U̶K̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶2̶-̶3̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶m̶a̶i̶l̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶J̶a̶p̶a̶n̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶1̶6̶8̶ ̶G̶B̶P̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶n̶s̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶3̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶v̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶f̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶p̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶l̶f̶.̶ If you"re considering buying it and want a shipping quote let me know.

Here is a previous thread where I uploaded pictures of the projector and talked a little bit about it.
Elmo GS 1200 Xenon Optical

This projector will only produce sound for optical films. It will not produce sound for magnetic films.

This projector is in excellent condition except for some wear in the input guide. This could make a great parts machine if you were only going after the big parts like the reflector, lamp, etc. One of the motors has a date code of January 1989...so this is a relatively new projector.

The projector comes with an Elmo 25-50 1.4 lens.
I have too many projectors, so this one needs to find a good home.

Here are some additional photos inside and outside the projector. On the back, you will see there are no ports.This projector does not have any recording abilities or ESS.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

[ June 28, 2017, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: Jason Smith ]

|  IP: Logged

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2016 08:20 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Month of December Special

I`ll be travelling from Japan to USA this month.
So I`m offering free shipping of this projector within the continental USA along with a reduced price of $1,100.
I would also trade for 8mm or 16mm film.

This projector is taking up space and needs to go. It`s use is probably limited to most since it doesn`t have ESS and only reads optical films but it is in excellent condition and it has a working Xenon lamp that immediately ignites when turned on.

One of the motors has a date code of January 1989. So this projector was built at least some time after 1989. The motor itself is different than the previous motors that were used in the earlier machines.

For anyone outside the US that`s interested, I could ship this by sea for about $100-150 but it could take up to two months to arrive.

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2016 01:54 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jason,

Are the film path "Green" Guides same as formers GS1200 or this one offer improve design ?

a picture for this area could be interesting....
Anyway, interesting unusual item

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2016 07:46 AM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Phil,

Unfortunately the green film path guides for this projector are the same as the previous GS-1200s.

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted December 22, 2016 06:48 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christmas Special
$1,000 + Shipping

I'm visiting the USA next week, so I can bring this from Japan and ship this from inside the USA instead of Japan. I would need to know by this weekend, if anyone wants to buy it.

I'm open to trades for 8mm and 16mm film.

David Coppola
Film Handler

- posted December 23, 2016 04:37 AM      Profile for David Coppola     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it played magnetic....

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 23, 2016 09:58 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is the P xenon, that is playback only but optical and magnetic. I'm intrigued by this one but I have spent a lot this year on cine...

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2017 11:13 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still Available

$1,000 + Shipping
Shipping from within the USA available in the first week of May.

Open to trades for 8mm,16mm, or 35mm equipment or films.

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2017 07:35 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason, did you say whether you had tested it all through and it all works with an optical film. Also was it clarified that it is 100 volts only or changeable?

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2017 04:21 AM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Steve,

I've used it extensively to play many of my optical films and never had a problem out of it.

Like the rest of the GS-1200s made for the Japanese market, on the back cover it has 100V written but inside it has a 125V transformer inside.

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2017 01:18 AM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still Available

$1,000 + Shipping
The item is in Japan but could be shipped from the USA in early August.

Open to trades for 8mm,16mm,and 35mm equipment or films. Open to any reasonable offers.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC