8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » WTB: Three Stooges, Our Gang, Marx Brothers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WTB: Three Stooges, Our Gang, Marx Brothers
Mac Rebant
Junior

- posted December 13, 2017 01:49 PM      Profile for Mac Rebant   Author's Homepage   Email Mac Rebant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edit: Finally found a copies of all of the Laurel & Hardy I was really looking for. Unfortunately nothing was found on this forum.

Hello everyone!
I recently inherited my father's projectors and films and wanted to collect some of my favorite shorts/features on 16mm, Super 8 would be fine too.

Films I'm after:
Marx Brothers:
Monkey Business
A Day At The Races
Horse Feathers
Duck Soup
Animal Crackers

Three Stooges:
Tassels In The Air
Disorder In The Court
Pop Goes The Easel
Three Little Beers
Movie Maniacs
Uncivil Warriors

Our Gang:
Teacher's Pet
School's Out
Love Business

Popeye
Aladdin and His Wonderful Lamp
Popeye the Sailor Meets Sindbad the Sailor
Popeye the Sailor Meets Ali Baba's Forty Thieves

7th Voyage Of Sinbad
Jason & The Argonauts

Thank you,
Mac

[ April 21, 2018, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Mac Rebant ]

|  IP: Logged

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2018 07:52 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mac, too late now, but a 16mm print with music track of "Big Business," missing the end title, was just on eBay for $75. Tons of Super 8 or 8mm silent copies of this are around, but the music track version is harder to come across.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2018 09:06 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have some laurel and hardy shorts 20 mins all titles and end £35.00 each plus postage at cost

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 04, 2018 02:28 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still on the look out for a reasonably priced feature or two in scope. [Wink]

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2018 01:30 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Tom - and I'm looking for a mint copy of 'Hats Off' in glorious Technicolor and surround sound (on 17.5mm of course) [Razz]

Mac Rebant
Junior

- posted January 05, 2018 01:49 PM      Profile for Mac Rebant   Author's Homepage   Email Mac Rebant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Bill! I have Big Business already but thank you for the info.

David, do you have The Music Box with sound in 16mm?

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted January 05, 2018 03:12 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse me joining in Mac.

I am looking for a nice copy of Helpmates myself.

Best Mark.

PS super 8 would be fine though too.

Do you do super 8 Mac ?

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2018 05:43 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark

I sold you a brilliant poly copy of Helpmates years ago you should have kept it!!

Mike

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted January 06, 2018 03:50 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blimey Mike thats going back some.

I`ll get another at some point.No rush at all.

Had to slow down the buying a bit anyway as had a bump on day 2 of 2018 !!!.

Hope your all well over there.

What LCD projector do you have now ? out of interest.

Best Mark.

Mac Rebant
Junior

- posted January 09, 2018 12:47 PM      Profile for Mac Rebant   Author's Homepage   Email Mac Rebant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, I do have a Super 8 projector but it's not in working condition. I haven't tried to figure out if it's just an old bulb, or what the problem is. I have a working 16mm projector and many more 16mm than 8mm films so I figured I would just try for that instead.

I should break out the old Super 8 and see if I can get it working, since there's plenty of (and more affordable) prints of the Music Box around.

Cheers.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted January 09, 2018 06:59 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mac, I ran my 16mm print of Big Business tonight as my internet was off till after 12.

It has a few lines and the odd splice etc but runs OK on a CL.

I hope you can pick one up as I have to say its the best L+H print I`ve seen on film, stunning.

They are about your side of the water as this is where I got mine from.

Mines polyester so I`d guess an acetate one will look even better.

Good luck.

Best Mark.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2018 03:48 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am taking some laurel and hardy shorts to farnworth £35.00 each

Andreas Benz
Junior

- posted January 10, 2018 04:15 PM      Profile for Andreas Benz   Email Andreas Benz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mac,

you surely have seen this auction: eBay Auction

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2018 05:03 PM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While I think most of the Blackhawk Laurel and Hardy prints are very good indeed the thing I find annoying is the lack of the original titles.

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 11, 2018 10:58 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's the one thing I didn't like about Blackhawk Films, the same with Walton.

Mac Rebant
Junior

- posted January 11, 2018 12:48 PM      Profile for Mac Rebant   Author's Homepage   Email Mac Rebant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andreas, yes I did!

Joseph Randall
Master Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2018 08:27 PM      Profile for Joseph Randall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is very hard to get all original title cards with Laurel and Hardy 16mm prints -- nearly impossible, actually, except in a few rare cases, such as a select few from Film Preservation Associates. Both Blackhawk and Film Classics only included title cards where the M-G-M logo was not present. At best, you get "L and H in" as a remade card, followed by original titles. With CHICKENS COME HOME, the title being sold in that eBay auction, both Film Classics and Blackhawk replaced all the cards.

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2018 11:04 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep ! Its just something we are going to have to live with I am afraid to state.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Mac Rebant
Junior

- posted February 09, 2018 11:20 AM      Profile for Mac Rebant   Author's Homepage   Email Mac Rebant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I finally found a copy of The Music Box!!!! So I'm going to edit the original post for other prints I'm looking for. If anyone has them for sale please let me know in the thread or PM.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2018 01:17 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
are you stil after a scope lens

Mac Rebant
Junior

- posted February 09, 2018 04:23 PM      Profile for Mac Rebant   Author's Homepage   Email Mac Rebant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes David!

Mac Rebant
Junior

- posted February 25, 2018 09:44 PM      Profile for Mac Rebant   Author's Homepage   Email Mac Rebant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I finally got most of the ones I was after on eBay and Facebook!
But I'm still going to try here for some other titles I'm after including some Three Stooges and Our Gang. I edited the very first post with everything.

Mac Rebant
Junior

- posted April 21, 2018 11:42 AM      Profile for Mac Rebant   Author's Homepage   Email Mac Rebant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
@ Mark Todd, you asked: "Do you do super 8 Mac?"

Well I finally pulled out the old Elmo super 8 machine and fired it up. No light and no moving sprockets. So I opened it up and sure enough the belts were completely deteriorated. So I ordered a new bulb and belts, and got it up and running!!! The only thing is there's no sound from the internal speaker, but at least I can connect an external one.

The thing is I pretty much found 16mm prints of all the L&H I wanted with a few exceptions. I'll see if I can find them on 8mm as well. I updated the OP with everything in 16mm I'm still looking for... but 8mm would be fine too!

Dave Ruth
Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2018 12:35 PM      Profile for Dave Ruth   Email Dave Ruth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sent you a PM.

Also if you do decide to go the way of Super 8 for the Stooges, all but Movie Maniacs were released by Columbia, and the Popeye's were put out by Niles Films.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC