8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » November 32nd Northern Film Collectors Film Convention, Blackpool (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: November 32nd Northern Film Collectors Film Convention, Blackpool
Christopher P Quinn
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2008 10:58 AM      Profile for Christopher P Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thought i would start a new thread for this.

If all those going could please post maybe we can arrange a forum meet up for a coffee.

Still got to find cheap B&B and where I'm going so any information, as i know nothing, would be very appreciated.

Now i have made my mind up to go and the other half is also happy, im getting really excited... [Smile]

--------------------
Chris Quinn Rides again.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Tivy
Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2008 11:27 AM      Profile for Paul Tivy   Email Paul Tivy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there. Travelling by train from the Sunny South East. Booked it all last month through Derann and got confirmation of my ticket for the dinner and the convention, but not of my room at The Savoy. They cashed my cheque though. Should I be worried?

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 22, 2008 11:59 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"November 32nd"?

Is this some Metric thing?

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2008 01:27 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there Chris. If you should find that you require that "more sophisticated Elmo projector from Ealing" then let me know. [Big Grin]
Might I suggest that for B&B Accomodation you try Adrian Winchester thread -

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004081

See you and, hopefully, others in November.

P.S. Chris, I believe the best contact number for the dinner booking would probably be Deranns - ask for Ged.

[ October 22, 2008, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Keith Ashfield ]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2008 06:55 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, there IS no November 32nd over here in the U.S.A.

Sounds nice though!

James

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 22, 2008 06:59 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-a couple of extra days for Christmas shopping might be nice!

(especially with the extra income involved...)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Christopher P Quinn
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2008 12:19 AM      Profile for Christopher P Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great guy's, We will have to arrange a time and somewhere to meet. I'll warn you all though, I'll have my camera and i am going to be taking loads of pictures so our American cousins get to see a British 32nd of November [Wink] [Smile]

Thanks Keith, I will phone Derann and hopefully they will have two places for dinner left, if not then fish and chips while peeping through the back door. [Wink]

Every one keep posting and especially if you intend to be at the convention, i would like to meet as many of you as possible.

--------------------
Chris Quinn Rides again.

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2008 01:21 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your welcome Chris.Hope you get fixed up.
Let's not forget Deranns Christmas Open Day if we are "shopping" for Crimbo. That is on the 7th December (that is 3 days before the eleventyfirst of December, or 6 days after November 32nd, for our American cousins [Wink] )

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

David Erskine
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2008 01:34 PM      Profile for David Erskine   Email David Erskine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heaven forfend that I put anyone off attending Blackpool - but do be aware that whilst the Saturday evening dinner offers a movie quiz and a film show as well as food - on the downside -- I'M THE COMPERE/QUIZMASTER!! David E

--------------------
I've NEVER let failure go to MY head!

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 23, 2008 04:31 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chris,
Could you please post a lot of the Blackpool pictures on this forum. John Clancy posts a lot of the BFCC pictures on that web page, but we never get to see any Blackpool pictures here. Seeing some might encorage people to attend next year.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Christopher P Quinn
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2008 10:39 AM      Profile for Christopher P Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely Paul, no problem. In fact that's what i was intending to do. I would have done more pics of the BFCC, but had so much fun with the guy's forgot to go round and take them. Still got that video to sort out, called a lesson in film cleaning. [Wink]

If anyone would like to see more pics, then email me and i'll send you a link to my photobucket.

--------------------
Chris Quinn Rides again.

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2008 01:01 PM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have Sunday 16th November down for the Fayre with the Dinner on the Saturday evening.
I am hoping to be there on the Sunday for the day if things plan out ok.

The Convention dinner should be booked with Deran, but you can book direct with the hotel for the hotels own dinner, b.b and room from £80 per night.
http://www.britanniahotels.com/hotel_home.asp?page=394
As the Illuminations will have finished and pre Christmas events not started there will be plenty of accomodation in Blackpool.

--------------------
Regards,
David

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2008 02:10 AM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it confirmed that 2 of the James Bond girls will be there?

--------------------
Regards,
David

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2008 03:31 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The latest Derann newsletter says subject to commitments, so it's a definite maybe!
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Christopher P Quinn
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2008 08:28 PM      Profile for Christopher P Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Illuminations finished! [Eek!] Whoops, better keep that to myself.

Too late for the dinner, so if any of you guy's see a couple of down and outs loitering around the entrance, sharing a bag of cold soggy chips, and you can spare a odd carrot, just bung it out, she'll catch it. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Chris Quinn Rides again.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 25, 2008 10:00 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris - Good to see you are joining the ranks of the many collectors from the South who attend Blackpool. I'll be there, maintaining my 100% record since 1983! I'll look out for you at the Collingwood, if you opt to stay there. Although the illumination have ended you can see the "Christmas Celebrity Celebrations and town centre Christmas Lights Switch On" from 4pm near the main entrance to the Winter Garden. Last year I saw the Cheeky Girls do the switch on and perform live! You might find that a cancellation enables you to attend the dinner, if you make it known that you would accept a last minute place.

David - If you are referring to Caroline Munro and Valerie Leon, when you say Bond girls, Ged reports that they have confirmed that they definitely will attend. Not sure if Chris would think that £80 a night at the Savoy would qualify as a "cheap B&B"!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2008 02:53 AM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For 2 with dinner.
Many other hotels and some might do lates.

--------------------
Regards,
David

Christopher P Quinn
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2008 08:20 PM      Profile for Christopher P Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian, Cheers mate, i was going to bring along a set of sparklers and wave them around during the cold fish & chip supper. Thank goodness i don't have to now. [Wink]

Who can i let know i am up for a last minute cancellation, would it be Ged?

Chris.

--------------------
Chris Quinn Rides again.

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2008 08:25 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I have buckled under the pressure of Adrians hard sell routine and I shall be attending the NFCC! This'll be my first visit so looking forward to seeing what it's all about, and of course seeing lots of familiar faces.

Chris, we need to sort out which shelter on the seafront we're going to eat our fish and chips in!

So, who else is going to be there and where and when will the forum meet be? Will there be pasties and cider like at the BFCC?? [Big Grin]

On a practical note, what time does it start and is there a programme of events posted anywhere on the internet?

I shall be driving up on the Friday and have got a cheap B&B sorted for the FRiday and Saturday night, so shall probably be leaving early on Sunday.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2008 08:38 AM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The main event is Sunday up to say 4/5 pm.

--------------------
Regards,
David

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2008 08:49 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously? Nothing happening on the Saturday?? This is seriously bad news... [Confused]

Mike

--------------------

Christopher P Quinn
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2008 10:33 AM      Profile for Christopher P Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike,
I thought you knew that, everyone knows that. [Roll Eyes]

Yes we will have to sort out a forum meet along with a bus shelter.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Chris Quinn Rides again.

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2008 10:50 AM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously? Nothing happening on the Saturday?? This is seriously bad news...

Mike

As other posts have stated the Dinner event is on the Saturday evening but also said tickets all gone.
Suggest you change hotel B&B to sat. and Sun. night.

--------------------
Regards,
David

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2008 11:05 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I misunderstood [Frown] I thought the event spanned two days with the Dinner in the middle.

Maybe I won't be there afterall...

Mike

--------------------

Christopher P Quinn
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2008 11:21 AM      Profile for Christopher P Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike,
The dinner is the start of proceedings, as i am aware and then the main day is Sunday with all the dealers and film shows.

I won't be spending all day there, just time to meet up with members take pictures, find a bargain. Hopefully next year i will make it a longer stay with the dinner included.

Come on Mike, it will be fun!

--------------------
Chris Quinn Rides again.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC