8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ISSUES ON EBAY... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ISSUES ON EBAY...
Bart Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2011 07:33 AM      Profile for Bart Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Bart Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Buyer can change the neg feedback he/she left.

So, there is a big possibility, your buyer changed his mind after reading this post.

Not quite so simple...

To revise feedback the seller has to send the buyer a 'feedback revision request', limited to 5 per 1000 transactions IIRC. The buyer can then change the feedback and the comment if they choose to.

Even then the feedback would still be there, but it might have changed to a neutral or a positive.

Feedback only disappears completely if:

1) It has been removed by eBay customer support.

2) The member who left it has been declared NARU ('not a registered user'), and the account is less than 90 days old.

Sounds like #1 to me...

--------------------
www.bluecinetech.co.uk

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 01, 2011 04:07 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Star wars for $36 Empire for $49...like I said, I'm new to this. The prints arrive, and they are just as described. I was excited they came regardless of the price, happy with the color and condition.
You will be more happy if your print is just like below screen shot. It was won by this forum member too for $40sh about three months ago.

-

-

-

-

-

The original box :

-

So if your print does not show the above quality, well it is too expensive. As Mike Regan says on the other thread,

quote:
For new collectors, however, it can be a huge problem as they're not really clued in yet on what to look for or ask about. They also have little idea of the value of different titles, stocks, conditions, etc
So be careful with your purchase. This i snot cheap items.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 02, 2011 04:43 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a link to the auction for Star Wars which shows various screen-shots:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=120659893080&si=%252BhI%252Bt8vaCkjqNVPrzOyTX9T0p%252Fc%253D&viewitem=

I am still very happy regardless of the price, the color seems to be similar to the the shots posted by Winbert, the Fox logo seems to be about the same.

Here is a link to Empire Strikes Back:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=120659903053&si=%252BhI%252Bt8vaCkjqNVPrzOyTX9T0p%252Fc%253D&viewitem=

Again, I am still really happy to own these titles...when I screened them they were just as described. Anyone have an idea of what the average cost for good color on Return of the Jedi is before I buy sometime this year?

Thanks again for everyones insight!

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 02, 2011 06:03 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gerard, I can see from the screen shots that your copies both are Kodak SP. The above picture is AGFA or LPP. Anyway, as long as you are happy with the print, that's good.

quote:
Anyone have an idea of what the average cost for good color on Return of the Jedi is before I buy sometime this year?
If you are talking digest, there is no digest for Return of Jedi. But if you are talking full feature, I think for today's price will be around $400-600. Alan Rik just sold it on Ebay.

--------------------
Winbert

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 02, 2011 06:30 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was another JEDI print on Ebay UK that didn't sell. I believe it was around $400. Ricky Daniels has one. You should write to him to see availability & price.

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2011 10:57 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$400 for the F/L version ROTJ comes out to $80 for 5 x 400' is $80 a reel. 6 X 400' comes out to $60 a reel.

Now that you mention the stock difference, it is quite noticible. AGFA is clearly superior in contrast and richness. As a photographer myself, it is the only film stock I used.

To stick with the topic, and one last question, if I run across ROTJ on Ebay or here on Forum preferably, what film stock should the $400 feature be printed on?

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 03, 2011 11:57 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Larry dont get worng that ROTJ on Ebay UK was in pound-sterling, so roughly GBP 400 = US$ 650

quote:

Now that you mention the stock difference, it is quite noticible. AGFA is clearly superior in contrast and richness. As a photographer myself, it is the only film stock I used.

The other thing you need to be aware, your Kodak SP will fade in 5 years. believe me!!

But AGFA will stay much longer (although it may fade too).

quote:
To stick with the topic, and one last question, if I run across ROTJ on Ebay or here on Forum preferably, what film stock should the $400 feature be printed on?
Since it was released by Derann, it must be either AGFA or LPP. You will have a very good quality like above scree, shots.

--------------------
Winbert

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2011 04:59 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's no wonder that stealing mail is actually a Federal offense. The repercussions can be very serious.

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2011 06:29 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, if only they'd take responsibility and prosecute. Don't get me started.

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2011 07:28 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You mean they don't? To me that's more serious than whether or not Barry Bonds took steroids.

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2011 10:58 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 28, 2011 11:30 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steven is speechless [Wink]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC