8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » This Years Blackpool Film Fair (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: This Years Blackpool Film Fair
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 05, 2015 03:50 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I received a very kind invite to the Blackpool Film Fair last night From the organizer Mr Guest.

I have to say from what's been hinted by David, this year's event sounds out of this world!

Some superb stuff lined up here for this one from the sounds of things.

I know David wants to announce the details himself nearer the time, but this year's event should be the best yet since the demise of Derann from what I can make out.

I do hope and expect a fabulous turn out for this one this year and by the sounds of things, take plenty of plastic for what's on offer (or cash if you prefer old school ways of working ha ha)!

We do have to congratulate David and the organizers of the BFCC, John Clancy and Keith Wilton for still keeping these events both alive and exciting in 2015 it has to said.
Admirable work indeed!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2015 04:31 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was really looking forward to attending the Harpenden 9.5 meet on 18th October but it looks like other commitments will put paid to that. Then I thought about the BFCC at Ealing but there is no date advertised for October. Is there going to be one this year? Failing that Blackpool has to be a consideration.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 05, 2015 04:41 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It has to be Terry based on what is being spoken of!

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 05, 2015 01:39 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If anoyone can be a scout for my 8mm RKO wants, I'm grateful - Cheers, Shorty

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2015 02:40 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes Andrew is right this is going to be the icing on the cake
plenty super 8 and 16mm
film show Friday night not to be missed on the 12ft screen and after adrians 3 coarse sit down meal with full waiter service another spectacular film show on sat night
films shows throughout the day on sunday
a full list of dealers and a programme of events to follow in the next week or so thanks .don't forget anyone wanting a room at the Hilton ask for Julie Vincent and tell her you are attending the film fair and she will sort you out her tel number is 01253 627977 .only one dealers table left contact me on 07931 926550 please support this number 1 event

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 05, 2015 08:25 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can add that bookings for the Saturday night dinner are the highest I have known this far in advance, so I'm confident that we will see the biggest dinner attendance since the Derann days. Don't forget that there will be some special enhancements and surprises as we celebrate 30 years of the Blackpool dinner - with the 30th dinner!

Incidentally, a gentleman I'm aware of in the London area, who would have difficulty attending by public transport, would be delighted to join someone travelling by car (and I'm sure would contribute to the petrol costs). If you're driving from - or passing somewhere near - west London and could possibly assist, please contact me and I'll tell you more.

[ October 06, 2015, 07:03 AM: Message edited by: Adrian Winchester ]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2015 02:09 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David
What is the date of the Blackpool event?

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 06, 2015 03:21 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
That is amazing news Adrian!!!
And as predicted, no doubt, the best all round event since the closure of Derann!

Well done to you all, just fantastic!! [Smile]

I do hope someone can assist the chap in London. No one should miss out on this one if they both wish to attend, and are able to make it.

You'd like to think we have both a large enough and charitable enough community on here to easily make this happen for this gent.

--------------------

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2015 03:33 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cannot believe that members on the forum do not know the date I have had several emails and phone calls re this
the date for the years film fair is the sunday the 22nd of November at 10am Hilton hotel blackpool
there will be a film show from around 8pm on the Friday so come on down the price is right make a weekend of it .imitated by many surpassed by none this will be the best film fair in the uk

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2015 05:02 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well David we are not mind readers! There has been lots of hype on this subject, but not one mention of the date?
It's looking to be a great event and I hope to make a weekend of it. The last time I attended Derann were there and still in business.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 06, 2015 08:33 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
The date is here now so that's the main thing.
So in all...

Events From Friday 20th Nov thru' to Sunday 22nd November for the film fair.

I shall list it in the "events" section elsewhere this evening for you David.

--------------------

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2015 11:33 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks Andrew maybe a couple of pics would be good theres plenty on here scattered around

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 06, 2015 02:06 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I can sort that for you David, no problem! [Smile]

Leave it with me and consider it done. Most came from Vidar so hopefully he will share his full sized high resolution photos to view as original there.

--------------------

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2015 02:55 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The date has been in the "Upcoming Conventions" thread on the main 8mm part of the forum for many months though. That's where I always check.

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2015 04:41 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well good for you Brian. But when I see a topic titled 'This years Blackpool Film Fair' I, like most other people, expect to see Time - Date - Place advertised. That is the way to get maximum response/attendance. Little wonder that David received many emails and phone calls asking the question, don't you think? If these events are to survive and prosper the organisers need to sing these basics from the rafters. There are few enough of us dedicated followers as it is so encouragement is key to success.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2015 04:51 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
re blackpool if you go further down this page in general yak and look for any blackpool info. it mentions at 5 times the date in fact I have just looked through the forum and I find date mentioned at least 10 times

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 08, 2015 03:26 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Details of this year's event as well as a full set of hi res photos from last year's event can also be found elsewhere,on a similar concept to this now, for those interested.

--------------------

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2015 04:53 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well its just 6 weeks away. one of the best events of the year for film collectors. now held at the Hilton hotel on blackpools north shore seafront this is one you really cannot afford to miss. it all commences on the friday evening with a feature film show in the hotel.this is an early chance to meet up with fellow collectors. saturday evening is the 3 course meal superbly organized by Adrian Winchester. with quizes, film show etc this is not to be missed and all for just £20 pp. then sunday the main day. films galore 8mm 16mm 35mm. projectors/equipment, collectables, etc etc.film shows throughout the day. the bring and buy, plus the famous blackpool auction. a superb time gauranteed for all. can any serious collector afford not to attend this 3 day event. the only one of its kind in the UK. why not make a weekend of it. i hear so many on this forum say this hobby needs all the support it can get. so heres your chance. Blackpool north west film fair. friday- sunday 20th-22nd november. as Derek Simmonds used to say. USE IT OR LOOSE IT.

[ October 11, 2015, 06:02 AM: Message edited by: Paul Barker ]

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2015 01:56 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS AND BROWSERS,IT'S NOW UNDER SIX WEEKS TO THE BLACKPOOL FILM CONVENTION WEEKEND AND BELIEVE ME THESE WEEKS WILL PASS QUICKLY, TIME SEEMS TO ACCELERATE COME AUTUMN SO IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO GO AND YOU HAVEN'T BOOKED UP,
NOW!! IS THE TIME TO DO IT.
IF YOU WANT TO BOOK FOR THE CONVENTION DINNER ON SATURDAY 21st
NOVEMBER AT THE HILTON HOTEL AND I HOPE YOU DO,IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT NIGHT AS WE WILL BE CELEBRATING 30 YEARS OF THE CONVENTION DINNERS YOU NEED TO CONTACT ADRIAN WINCHESTER ON TEL. NO. 02086560168 BY EARLY NOVEMBER.
BELOW ARE SOME BLACKPOOL HOTELS AND THEIR TEL NOS. SHOULD YOU WISH TO BOOK A ROOM FOR THE NIGHT OR EVEN THE WHOLE WEEKEND, ALL HOTELS ARE WALKING DISTANCE FROM THE DINNER AND CONVENTION VENUE THE HILTON HOTEL.
THE HILTON HOTEL TEL NO.01253 627977 MENTION THE FILM CONVENTION FOR SPECIAL RATES.
THE SAVOY HOTEL TEL NO. 01253 352561
THE COLLINGWOOD HOTEL TEL NO. 01253 352929
THE GRAND METROPOLE HOTEL TEL NO. 01253 628321
MOORINGS HOTEL TEL NO. 01253 351822
THE PEMBROKE HOTEL TEL NO. 01253 351306
DERBY HOTEL TEL NO.01253 623708
AMBASSADOR HOTEL TEL NO. 01253 620912
STRAND HOTEL TEL NO. O1253 623320
THE NEW PRESIDENT HOTEL 01253 624460

John Richard Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2015 05:23 PM      Profile for John Richard Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the information David, all in one place, ive printed it off.

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2015 02:58 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
now just 5 weeks away. hope to see a big turnout especialy from uk members on here. it would be nice to see some younger faces as well. i have never known anyone attend this event and not go home HAPPY. always plenty of bargains to be had .

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2015 07:23 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it won't be long now before its here and I now can confirm that I have room only for one more table .please contact me asap to avoid disappointment,also anyone wanting a room contact Julie Vincent at the Hilton hotel .a full programme of events will be listed soon . I can confirm that there will be a film show Friday evening as well around 8pm to 8.30pm .also a selection of films shown on Saturday night after Adrian's evening meal .film shows throughout the day on Sunday. During my visit to the Hilton with don a couple of weeks ago I am waiting for confirmation of a bigger cinema room but won't know till week before if not it will be the same room as last year .there will be seats available this year for the auction for those with weary legs .has going of enquires I have had it will run similar to last year ,also bigger bring and buy section ,thanks see you all soon

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2015 07:24 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it won't be long now before its here and I now can confirm that I have room only for one more table .please contact me asap to avoid disappointment,also anyone wanting a room contact Julie Vincent at the Hilton hotel .a full programme of events will be listed soon . I can confirm that there will be a film show Friday evening as well around 8pm to 8.30pm .also a selection of films shown on Saturday night after Adrian's evening meal .film shows throughout the day on Sunday. During my visit to the Hilton with don a couple of weeks ago I am waiting for confirmation of a bigger cinema room but won't know till week before if not it will be the same room as last year .there will be seats available this year for the auction for those with weary legs .has going of enquires I have had it will run similar to last year ,also bigger bring and buy section ,thanks see you all soon

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 25, 2015 11:02 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul said "I have never known anyone attend this event and not go home HAPPY" and I can certainly endorse this as I went home (to South London) happy in 1984 and have never missed one since! It combines the pleasure of a short holiday amongst like-minded friends with a film convention, so if you like watching and collecting films, what more can you ask! And considering that you generally pick up some amazing bargains for crazy prices, I'm not wealthy enough to be able to afford to miss it!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 26, 2015 11:06 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is just like our show CINESEA, the anticipation, the plannig of meals and deals - One day, we should all come together as one and enjoy each other's knowledge and company - What say? - Cheers from Shorty - Any RKO shorts out there, please someone have a look-see for me

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC