8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Mr.jackbenny ... ebay "buyer" info? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Mr.jackbenny ... ebay "buyer" info?
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 17, 2018 11:17 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anybody know this person, (his mailing address states, "Tom Williams"), as a collector?

I've got a return request with the excuse that the print I sold is "red as a beet" which it couldn't possibly be from the time that I sent it off to the time that it arrived. I'm putting up two screenshots from the actual print. I've asked the buyer to just take photo's of those sections of the film that were on the auction as, hey, anything IS possible, but it seems like it would have to have been in a oven or something to go from very good color to "red as a beet" What do you folks think? red as a beet?

-

-

I don't have a problem with someone returning something, as they can just use one of the other excuses.

[ May 17, 2018, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: Douglas Meltzer ]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2018 12:48 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
He bought a 16mm print of Adventures of Washington

wrote the following after receiving it

just wanted you to know it arrived, and it’s pure VINEGAR... both reels are sitting on the floor next to me right now and I can’t stand the smell... They will go in the trash on Thursday... SAD... anyway, I know you can’t control VS, but I just wanted you to know, and hopefully you’ll check your potential future films sales for VS before listing them... thanks for listening

He was nice enough to not send it back for a refund but I didn't appreciate the lecture. I smelled the print before packaging and didn't notice one bit of vinegar or any strong odor.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 18, 2018 02:24 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously a buyer to avoid.

--------------------
Maurice

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2018 04:01 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That print is perfectly acceptable Osi.

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2018 05:48 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely!

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2018 09:17 AM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few months ago he pulled the same stunt on me Osi .
This guy is a scam artist who tries to complain about films he buys , hoping you'll refund him AND let him keep the " VS " or " BEET RED " print .
Report him to eBay . I did .

--------------------
Dave

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 18, 2018 09:33 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The buyer appears to have a 100% positive feedback.
https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&useri d=mr.jackbenny&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true&rt=nc

--------------------
Maurice

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2018 09:41 AM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice , that doesn't mean anything . You can't leave negative feedback for any buyer .
If you're a seller who leaves positive feedback right away after a sale , then he complains AFTER you've done so and you can't remove positive feedback so now you're screwed with a refund or return and feedback you can't change .

--------------------
Dave

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 18, 2018 11:03 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Baker is right about that ...

I had a person who recently outright lied about an item I sent him and since they were two seperate items, (but shipped together), he got away with leaving two bad feedbacks for each item (though he had to combine the shipping from both items to make his point, at the least, it shoudl have only been one bad feedback), and i had'nt had any bad feedback in a long time, maybe never on this present ebay account ...

The thing that got me about that sprcific situation was that he wrote me after having left his ebay feedback saying "It appears that I'm not the only person who's left bad feedback recently", which perked my interest and so i looked on my feedback and the only bad feedbacks were the two that he had just left. I mean, sheesh, what is the point of stating an out-right lie like that?

By the way, that sellers ebay name is ... "blinkingbuzzards"

So, this morning, I sent him this message, that i would start the return as of tommorow, and also informing him of my fascination at a very good color print going red as a beet in just days and how, being a member of a number of film forums, starting a topic on this, as I'm fascinated with this being red as a beet, and that i would take screenshots of the print upon it's return to compare them with the print that I actually sent off.

I'm just wanting to see if he "changes his tune", and I must honestly say that I am fascinated if the commercial I mailed off did go beet red in mere days as this would be unprecedented, at least in my 30 years experience of collecting and if so, then it will be interesting for all.

[Smile]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 19, 2018 11:14 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Buyer chose to cancel his return.

--------------------

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2018 03:29 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Osi , I'm GLAD you called out this con-artist so now the rest of the forum members are informed about them .
GOOD GOING !

--------------------
Dave

Steven Haines
Junior

- posted May 21, 2018 03:29 PM      Profile for Steven Haines   Email Steven Haines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am ebay user "blinkingbuzzards", and it's really frustrating to me that Osi continues to misrepresent my interaction with him.

I've moved on, as it was fortunately a mere $2.92 Osi cheated me out of, but reading this thread just now got me ears burning, and I feel compelled to respond when my name is unjustly being dragged through the mud.

I won't rehash all the details (Osi, I believe we've already said all there is to say to each other on the matter), but just remember that there are two sides to every story, and I still feel that negatives feedbacks were justified (as my issue was with the combined shipping price quoted for both items prior to purchase not being honored.)

To respond to the original thread topic, it does indeed sound like ebay user Mr.jackbenny is up to some suspicious behavior, and I will certainly be on alert for this ID. So thanks where it's due, Osi, for bringing this to our attention. I only hope to avoid my name being lumped in with such con artists. I've mostly lurked on this forum, but I am active in other film communities, and I'm sure some here can vouch for my genuineness.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 22, 2018 11:18 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget to mention that I paypalled back to you, $4.25 of that overall shipping, (I was off by 25 cents, and that was my own mis-hap, my bad), and for some odd reason, that auction, which was supposed to have 4.50 shipping on it, like all the others, was still at 7.25 shipping. I still haven't figured that out, as i had changed them all to 4.50 shipping and or some odd reason, that one change didn't "stick" and since you had paid right away, I couldn't change that 7.25 of shipping to 4.50 in checkout, (which, if you have the chance to send the invoice before people pay, you CAN do, but i didn't have a chance to.

I mean, if I was some kind of rip off artist, I certainly wouldn't have sent you back 4.25 of the shipping right away, (which i can produce the evidence of, if you like).

All I know is that I certainly wouldn't put two bad feedbacks on a persons account over less than three dollars shipping, and you DID say to me, that you noticed that someone else had recently left bad feedback ... and I can produce the ebay messages on here, if you have forgotten what you wrote me ...

" Frankly, I'm still baffled that you can't understand the arithmetic of how you ripped me off. The negative feedback is warranted, and other potential buyers should be aware of your dishonest practices. (I see now that you have another negative feedback over a dispute on shipping charges.) ...

(I can produce the whole message if you'd like) ...

Here is a link to my feedback page, I hope the link works ...

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEb ay&CurrentPage=MyeBayFeedback&FClassic=true&ssPageName=STRK:ME:MAFBX&_trksid=p3984.m2295.l3920

... but the ONLY two bad feedbacks, were yours. Look, I just didn't see the point of acting like someone else had left the other bad feedback, when you yourself had left the other one and you knew it.

I have to laugh at myself as well, as, to think that the situation between you and I was over only two dollars and something cents. I certainly don't need that much so bad that's it's worth quibbling over and I doubt you need that much as well.

It's pretty silly in the end. We were probably both standing on principles. I was looking at it as, "heck, I've already sent him 4.25 back, and he's going on about another 2.92 ... right down to a penny?" Not taking into account handling?", and I honestly can't say exactly what you were thinking, but I'm betting that you were standing on some principle as well.

The only thing that cheesed me off was the lie. If a person leaves two bad feedbacks then own up to them, don't act like someone else did one and you did the other .. that's all.

[Smile]

--------------------

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2018 01:49 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi , the link you posted took me to my own feedback.....

--------------------
Dave

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2018 01:52 PM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funny... Mee too
Is this Osi magic?

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 22, 2018 04:03 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The formula to read a particular member's feedback is as follows:

]https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=[EBAY-ID]

So for example if you want to see "mr.jackbenny" 's feedback then:

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=mr.jackbenny

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2018 01:37 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steven, don't fret about it. Osi's buying and selling antics are well documented. He tends to go to extraordinary lengths to cover up his bollocks. I wouldn't waste any energy on it, it will never stop.
A home made coring machine anyone?

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 23, 2018 11:49 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! I still have that! (coring machine) and it still works! [Smile]

But there are no "antics" involved here Rob ... and I wouldn't have even mentioned that last post if Steven hadn't added to the topic there.

If i was a dishonest seller in the first place ...

I wouldn't have paypalled the 4.25 back to him right away. In fact, just days ago, I sold commercials to another seller and mailed them to the address he had listed, but the seller hadn't paid yet, (if someone does a best offer and I accept it, I just assume that the seller is going to pay right away ... in that case, the seller didn't) ...

and when I heard back from the seller that he was going to have to have it shipped to a different address ...

I paypaled the person 3.00 dollars (as media mail would probably cost him that).

Are these the "antics" of a dishonest seller? "Tk4$" is the buyer and if they wish to, they can verify this fact for themselves if they are a member on here.

... and these are not recent "antics" on my part. These are the lifelong business practices of one Ol Osi Osgood. [Smile]

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 23, 2018 12:04 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

I guess that other negative feedback to which Steven was referring, concerning shipping charges, was this one:

"Free postage condition of accepted offer was ignored and was cancelled by seller"

This was negative feedback left for you by a buyer, other than Steven, during the past year.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 23, 2018 12:50 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Micheal …

Could you please provide a link as to that specific bad feedback? When I received that message from Steven, I immediately went to my feedback and only found his bad feedback, and I noticed the other thing that was stated on that page …

Bad feedback for 2 months = 2
Bad feedback for 6 months = 2

Ect ect.

(I also want to see that it is actually my feedback, and not just some "cut and paste" thing)

If you can provide the link for me so I can verify this, I swear, before all on this forum, that I will publically (well, before all on this forum) personally apologize to Steven …
… which is far more than ANY of my detractors have done on my behalf when they have lied repeatedly about me. When I have personally wronged someone, I do right by them, that’s my character.

I have to get going here (I’ve ran out of time, library internet time) but I will definitely look first thing for that link, Micheal.

By the way, I can't remember ever offering free postage in my life. I'll be curious as to what the item was as well. [Smile]

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 23, 2018 12:58 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"...some cut and paste thing"???
You really think I'd make it up?

Try this:
https: //feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=reel-ality&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&searchInterval=30&which=negative&interval=365&_trkparms=negative_365

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2018 01:31 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's amazing Osi can't see his own feedback. [Smile]

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2018 03:16 PM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hey! I still have that! (coring machine) and it still works! [Smile]

That's great Osi! That is a marvelous machine! Back then you were very busy, so couldn't find the time to demonstrate it properly. If you have a moment, would you mind transferring a full 1200 foot reel to a core? After all those years, I'm still puzzled about how that would work. It's tricky enough to wind it tight enough to hold the film together when you have a proper split spool. I love innovation and I love all things cine!

- Rob

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 24, 2018 11:26 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! There it is, (thank you Micheal).

First off, Stephen, as promised, I wish to publically apologize to you for stating that you had made that up about the other bad feedback. I couldn't go back past that first page and just assumed that it didn't exist, (well, I couldn't see it), so, my apologies. You were right and I was wrong.

(by the way, I's like to know how to look back on my feedback, as I wasn't able to) I'm quite surprised that I offered anything with free shipping. That's not my style. It must have been an accident on my part.

To answer you Rob ...

I don't think that it's still on my youtube account, but I did have an actual video showing me using the very device that I made (the coring machine), which I did when folks on here called me a liar and I didn't actually have such device, so I had placed not only a picture or two of the device on here, but also supplied the video, (planning ahead of time, knowing that some folks desperate to find lies in Osi, would then ask, Oh yeah? How do we know if it works?), showing the machine in operation.

But to answer the other question, this device was only designed by me to core 600ft and not 1200ft asi found that, even with a lot of decent tape, a 1200ft foot core of film is much more un-stable and is more likely to become "un-cored" (encore encore!).

In the case of a 1200ft reel, (not shown in the video) while time consuming, I would hold the 1200ft reel on a large black "marker" (you know, ink marker), and when i would reach the 600ft level, do a splice, add leader, and then do the other half. Usually, my wife will hold onto the 1200ft reel OR I'll hold onto that, and she winds the coring machine as, I'm talented but not that talented to do both jobs.

Now, if we wish, we can, (if anyones wishes to), go back to the absolute silliness of arguing the use of the word "core" or it's proper definition ... (for all the newbies, believe it or not, yes, I was attacked over my use of the word "core" in ebay descriptions!! Amazing, eh?) [Smile]

--------------------

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2018 04:02 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Osi.... let's be clear here....I know you will come back with a multi-paragraph response but the original issue was you listing films for sale as "cored" when in fact there was no core... they were simply rolled up and taped... no reels... no spools...no cores...and it got nutty from there....people were asking legitimate questions and you became angry about it instead of just answering. Perhaps you didn't know what a core was. That's ok. There is plenty I don't know. No one was attacking you.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC