8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Spool Adapter (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Spool Adapter
Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2015 06:03 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thx!
Then I can make a pre-announcement now. The CAM and Nokken voor the Bauer studioline projectors are now ready for sale!!!!!!
I plan to make the official announcement today or tomorrow!

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 05, 2015 07:07 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful news Edwin! Is this now quieter running than the previous prototype one you very kindly sent me and is the surface finish of the cam now smoother?

I shall order one tomorrow Edwin as there are a few other bits and pieces you have recently produced on your 3D printer that I could use. E.g. S938 Mag Head clip and the Bauer framer repair kit just in case I ever need it.

Is there any progress regarding the long play unit Super 8mm rollers Edwin? The ones I submitted photos on here for including all dimensions?

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 05, 2015 07:09 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's fantastic to have new 9,5 items in 2015. Thanks for the clips !

--------------------
Dominique

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2015 07:30 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About the CAMS. The surface is slightly smoother. But the main improvement is a redesign of the nok (the small part on the film-taker (grijper in Dutch)). This reduces the noise level a lot. A bit more noise then the original ones, but a very good improvement on the previous version!

Till now we have extended the live of 3 of our filmscanners (based on Bauer T610 projectors), which all had worn out CAM/nokken. We replaced these with the new 3D printed ones and are running fine again!

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 05, 2015 07:40 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Fabulous news and very well done indeed regarding the Nok!

I shall be placing an order tomorrow once you bring to market.

If I were to remove an amplifier board for you to test and repair (one channel has fault somewhere in the pre amp), would you be able to do so as a separate circuit board or do you need the full machine Edwin?

--------------------

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2015 07:42 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if you are 100% sure that the error is in the applifier board and I have the same projector here then we can do that. But, in general it is better to have the complete projector for E2E testing. Shipping to the UK is also not so expensive.

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 05, 2015 08:17 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It was more to do with the courier handling I was concerned but no worries Edwin, I will send the complete machine.
I shall look into shipping it when you are back from your holidays thanks.

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 05, 2015 09:04 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly the 9.5 clips are not available now and I will have to wait until September.

--------------------
Dominique

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2015 09:08 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

We have 2 bags with 5 clips on stock now. If you like we can already ship these en the rest later. You will get a mail from our order handling department soon!

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 05, 2015 09:12 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would be nice to test them. I can't wait to see it in real :-)

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 10, 2015 06:38 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful to have a another new item in 9.5 The clip is on a full 800 m (2400 ft) reel. It is also useful to hold films which were mounted on the other side you want them. This happens sometimes in 9.5 as some projectors have the "Pathé Baby system" (the film leaves the feeding spool an the left when you look at it from the control side of the projector and other projectors have the "modern system (the film leaves the feeding spool like in the other gauges (like on the Buckingham).
 -

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 09, 2015 04:58 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These clips are so useful ! I screened a film that had two reasons to leave the spools : the spool was full and the film had been mounted on the wrong side. Using a clip to hold the film while manipulating the spool helped a lot. Thanks again, Edwin !

--------------------
Dominique

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2015 01:26 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dominique, thx!

We are now also working on manufacturing new reels with the latest modern techniques like 3D printing and laser-printing metals. The idea we have is to make this as generic as possible. e.g. the possibility to have the inner core and reels interchangeable. E.g. you can re-use a reel on a 8mm core on a new 9,5mm core, etc.

Are there for 9,5mm films also cores available (like on 8mm and 16mm) where you need a "steckspulle" te play these films on the cores on a projector?

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 10, 2015 04:03 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never saw or heard about that on 9,5. On super 8, I only came across of some optical films mounted on a core.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC