8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Spool Adapter (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Spool Adapter
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 11, 2015 03:25 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It proves the importance of the clever multi lingual among us, like yourself Dominique, need spread the word and act as a go between perhaps for those that prefer the more traditional way of trading.

Keep up the good work Dominique, we all need to support Edwins magnificent unique efforts in this day and age to secure the future for our ever aging equipment.

[ March 12, 2015, 04:47 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted March 12, 2015 07:11 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edwin
If you can produce an adapter to use 9.5mm spools on a 16mm rewinder I am sure that the magazine of Group 9.5 would be able to print an article on your new part introduction.
Their magazine is called 9.5 and is published each quarter.

--------------------
Maurice

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 12, 2015 07:27 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Referring to what I was saying to Dominique above.. that is fantastic advice Maurice!

Don't forget to modify your Beaulieu with the M2 nut. This could save you an awful lot of heartache in the future Maurice!

--------------------

Chris de Gruiter
Junior

- posted March 31, 2015 04:54 AM      Profile for Chris de Gruiter   Email Chris de Gruiter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first concept for the 9,5mm spool adapter is working great.

-

We hope to be able to have them in the webshop (http://winkel.van-eck.net/) by the end of April. We'll keep you updated

--------------------
Chris

Engineer at "van Eck Video Services"

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted March 31, 2015 05:25 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris
How does the 9.5mm spool stay in place on the adapter?
Will the adapter fit on 16mm rewinds which have a square shaft, and on others which have a round shaft?

--------------------
Maurice

Chris de Gruiter
Junior

- posted April 07, 2015 05:09 AM      Profile for Chris de Gruiter   Email Chris de Gruiter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This model only fits on the ones that have a square shaft, we're currently revising the design and we'll look into the possibility to make it fit both shafts.

--------------------
Chris

Engineer at "van Eck Video Services"

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 07, 2015 05:48 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It's good to see Edwin now advertises these new products on ebay. E Bay gets tremendous viewing figures no matter what we all feel about it. Just about any high priced film has always made its high price from reaching the biggest possible global audience via e bay.
Therefore I feel this can only be a good thing for Edwins future sales.

--------------------

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2015 06:03 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm currently doing a short trial on Ebay to see if it improves the reach compared to our webshop. If it works out well, I will consider to open an E-bay shop as well.

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 07, 2015 08:19 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Great Stuff Edwin!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

I would like a similar set of adaptors to those 9.5 ones photographed above made if possible for Super 8mm reels.These would then be an alternative for my Spondon Long Play Unit. (It's featured on another post here today)

It would still require the same 16mm square fit rear ends to the adaptors, but I like the idea of the locking clips you have made for them rather than having to wind a knob on and off the threaded ends of the Spondon as is currently the case.

Please see photo on today's post Edwin.

--------------------

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2015 03:02 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope all your wishes are fulfilled :-)

We have now affordable and strong adaptors for 16mm rewinders for both super8 and 9,5 mm films.

-

-

You can order these from: http://shop.van-eck.net/viewers/accessories/p-1a/

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 14, 2015 03:12 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Edwin. I shall now purchase a Super 8mm set.Excellent product! [Razz]

--------------------

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2015 04:00 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. Order will be shipped today.
As you indicated, I will add the trial-set with CAM / Nokken voor Bauer T610 with it!

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 14, 2015 04:01 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks once again Edwin! [Smile]

--------------------

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 25, 2015 02:25 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having looked at the 9.5mm spool adapter it seems that the locking arrangement for the spool relies on the rewind having a turn-down key.
If I am right, this precludes their use on a Rigby Premier rewind which relies on a small spring within the spindle to secure the spool.
Can Edwin confirm my belief?

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 07, 2015 04:29 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're right, Maurice, you need what you call a "rewind having a turn-down key". The key has to be let "closed" (as if there was a spool on the rewinder) to put the adaptator on, there are two slots so the adaptator is well fixed. But has you guessed, you cannot use it on other models (like the Thomas rewinders for example). The system is ingeniuous. A little warning I would like to do for people having a Latin mind like me : I ordered an adaptator and received ONE adaptator (not two). That must be a Germanic vision of things (what can you do with only one piece of a system that needs two ?) as Bolex in Switzerland do the same : if you order a guide roller for an Eumig projector, you actually receive a half piece (as they are not made of one piece...). Better to know. I will wait to have another item to order to get my second adaptator (as there is no emergency).

--------------------
Dominique

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2015 02:25 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dominique,

Good to hear that the adaptor is working fine. We are looking into making the adaptor more general, so that it fit's on more 16mm reel holders.

When I brought this to the market I was in doubt whether to put it as a set on sale, or seperate items. I think in most cases you will need two. But to keep the price low I sell these now a piece. But of course I can change this!

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 08, 2015 02:35 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's good news from Edwin for owners of other rewinders.

--------------------
Maurice

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 08, 2015 04:26 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I purchased a set of the brass machined 16mm to Super 8mm adaptors to improve my Spondon Long Play Arms.

I have to say, they are superb. Made to an extremely high standard and at a fraction of the cost of very similar products sold elsewhere.

I would thoroughly recommend these or the cheaper 3D polymer alternatives to anyone!

--------------------

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2015 03:08 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the brass reel-adaptors work fine. However we recently also launched a more cost-effecient 3D printed version of these (PP-0038-S). We have tested these now for some time and these also work very nicely. The advantage is that these do not fall off the rewinder easily, when changing the film and the price is also more attractive! See:

http://van-eck.net/itable.php?lang=en&size=0&cat=rewinder&merk=meopta&type=Rewinder%20film

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 09, 2015 05:16 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I fitted a grub screw to my brass adaptors Edwin. I drilled and tapped them M2.5 This secures them on the 16mm flats perfectly.

--------------------

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2015 04:34 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

The improved version of the 9,5mm reel adaptor is ready. It now also fits on my other rewinders/projectors. Tested well on EIKI, Hokushin and Bauer. Shipped several of these yesterday.

Also made a film how to use this adaptor. see:

-

https://youtu.be/0x0q4tZWcFk

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2015 05:08 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant!!! Especially the 9.5mm adapters as these 9.5mm rewinders are hard to get now.

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 22, 2015 03:02 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edwin, I don't see the 16 mm clips on your site. Are you still testing ? What about the project of 9.5 clips ? Have you taken a decision about it ?

--------------------
Dominique

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2015 03:12 PM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dominique,

You mean such a 16mm clip?
 -
This is is ready and being tested in a FOA (First Office Application). This is how we called a first customer at my previous employer Ericsson. I wait for feedback and when it is ok, I will put it for sale!

Is this the kind of clip you mean?
Also for 9,5mm?

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 22, 2015 04:37 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the clip that holds film ,on the spool. I have no idea if that has ever existed for 9.5. It would be fantastic if you could manufacture them.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC