Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steve Klare View Post
    That's the Spirit, Janice!

It's one of the things I love about this hobby, that when you step away for a little while and go back, even after doing it for many years there's a certain newness to it all over again.
    You are so right Steve. The last few months I had an abundance of sedentary time, but mostly watching streaming TV. I am feeling better and more mobile the last couple of weeks which triggered my film watching again.

Four nights in a row of film screenings... Last night was "Multiplicity" with Michael Keaton, Andie MacDowell, Eugene Levy, and Brian Doyle Murray. This movie shows Michael Keaton's natural comedic talent and versatility. However the TV print I have is a perfect example of a movie that never should have been converted to Pan and Scan. The acting and storyline aren't affected however the special effects meant for widescreen are gravely lost in the conversion.

Despite this prints technical flaws I still enjoy watching it. I continue to maintain a personal rule to not watch the digital version of a movie I have on film.🎬

Last edited by Janice Glesser; March 27, 2022, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• I gave Trading Places a run over the weekend, I love this film so much. It's a bit of a time machine!
      2x1600' & 1x1200'

I've since picked up a short throw lense which is a fine excuse to watch something else.

Comment

• Last night for me it was ORIGINAL PRINTS of WAR OF THE COLOSSAL BEAST and the 1939 version of TOWER OF LONDON .

Click image for larger version

Name:	TowerofLondon1.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	59445

Name:	TowerofLondon2.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	59446

Name:	war-of-colossal-beast-lg.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	59447

Comment

• Summer of 42

loved it

Comment

• I love the "Summer of 42" as well Chip. I think that movie is perfect to watch on film. Wish I had it 😋 on 16mm.

I did watch some of my films over the last three nights. First was Burt Lancaster and Katherine Hepburn in "The Rainmaker"... next an episode of George Reeves' "Superman"... And last night Richard Dreyfuss and Marsha Mason in "The Goodbye Girl".

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220531_041144819.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.8 KB ID:	60921 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220531_043904251.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.8 KB ID:	60922 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220602_061236643.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.4 KB ID:	60923
            Last edited by Janice Glesser; June 02, 2022, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Decades ago I got a 50 minutes „The complete Action“-reel of the James Bond adventure MOONRAKER in full Cinemascope ratio (black bars at the sides of the image) and amazing colour and sharpness. Someone must have made his „Best of“ and the best of is there! The plane jump without parachute, the hunt in the Venetian channels, the fight on the top of the gondola cableway in Rio, the hunt at the Brazilian waterfalls and almost the complete flight to the Space station and the full fight incl. the destruction of the drones…! Breathtaking. And again I felt that this will remain one of my favorite 007 films, because it’s the first Bond which I watched in my youth at the movies. I guess it was 7 times…!!
              A lot of memories came to my mind and so it was a nice hour of screening.

Comment

• Hamlet
                Laurence Olivier
                5 nice reels of this great movie
                Liked it alot. A rare Ebay find at a good price, about $100.00

Comment

• Last night for me it was a double - feature of my Anaglyph 3-D HOUSE OF WAX ( 1953 ) and LPP print JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS ( 1963 )

Name:	IMG_9656.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	61158

Name:	IMG_9672.JPG
Views:	255
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	61159

Name:	IMG_9680.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	61160
                  Now , get out your Blue /Red Glasses for the next photos .....

Name:	house-of-wax-1953-paddle-ball.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	61161

Name:	Houseofwax3D.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	61162
                  Lots of fun for sure !!

Comment

• A great combination of films David! The 3D must have been really cool!

Comment

• Yes , Janice , it is a 16mm print that was a TV print used in Japan so there were Japanese subtitles throughout , but not really a distraction .
                      The 3-D was very good , especially in the fire sequence at the beginning and of course , the paddle-ball sequence . There was a minimal of " ghosting " , which usually happens with Anaglyph prints .

Comment

• David-That paddle ball pic really stands out.

Comment

• Yes Larry and I didn't get a headache after 88 minutes either .

Name:	Houseofwax2.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	61177

Comment

• David, That is an excellent 16mm 3D print you have! I got out my old anaglyph glasses to view your screen shots, and the depth is amazingly good, even on my small laptop screen.

Comment

• The other night I used my first time showing 16mm Disney cartoon The Brave Engineer with my disk-based Zero Hour! feature.

(-turns out he was "locomotive", not "electrical" like me! I often work with High Voltage: that's brave!)

This is kind of a best-case modern film-buy scenario: I saw it on You-Tube and liked it. Then I went on E-bay and found it "buy it now" on 16mm. When it showed up it turned out to be at least a B+ print.

-didn't go that easy back in the Golden Age!

Comment

• Last night I watched Time After Time (1979). Not sure why, but my print looked better than I remember 🤗

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220608_032001024.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.3 KB ID:	61273 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220608_032643278.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.9 KB ID:	61274 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220608_032014017.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.8 KB ID:	61275 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220608_043058847.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.3 KB ID:	61276 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220608_045600428.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.2 KB ID:	61277 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220608_045947186.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.4 KB ID:	61278

Comment

Working...
                                X