Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jurassic Park 600 foot digest now waiting for you .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David Baker View Post
    ...........within another month an authorized seller outside the u.s.a. And canada will be available......
    David
    As a UK resident will it be cheaper to buy this side of the pond?
    However, even if this is so, I see the final recorded print will be shipped from the USA, this will involve UK import duty and VAT.

Maurice

Comment

Hi David, well done with your release, I will submit my order soon, I am down in New Zealand but have a US based address to send to!
      I can't wait to see it!
      Cheers
      Pat

Comment

Thank you Patrick , your support for this hobby is much appreciated and helps KEEP IT ALIVE !

Comment

I am sure that David Baker will not mind this posting. He sent me a PM in reply to my above question.

In the PM he said that is is possible that a seller might end up providing copies, but at the moment no agreement has been reached. Therefore, it appears that the cost from the USA would be more reasonable.

Maurice

Comment

Tis the duty that often kills things. Recently found a new old stock Elmo in the US but by the time duty was added (I forgot about that) and weighty shipping it wasn't far off the purchase price. There goes the pies for this month!

I'm full of admiration for Davids work a top man. If its over £135 it cant come in under gifts so a specific duty rate will apply. I did a rough calculation of £75.00 including VAT.

Comment

Lee
              Don't forget that Royal Mail also add their handling fee.

Maurice

Comment

Is there a way for European customers to get the print straight without shipping to the US in-between and save the shipping costs and costs of recording the sound onto the mag? If so, how much would that end up costing?

Comment

Thanks for reminding me Maurice elp!🤪

Comment

I was told by an official at customs (uk) that any item coming through customs is chosen "at random" ??. May be this is a ruse to stop you abusing them over the phone, and appear that you have been unlucky this time, so better luck next time. All i know is that if the "value " is over fifteen pounds you will get charged sadly. It looks excellent, very good luck to those purchasing a copy and look forward to a revue on here .......

Comment

Looks like in Belgium you have to pay a fee for a value over 22€ but SHIPPING COSTS INCLUDED ! Belgian post also charges you for handling your parcel David Navratil's question is intersting. If the sound recording could be made in Europe, that would cut the costs. Out of topic : I hope there will not be custom fées between UK and Belgium, from 1st January 2021, when our neighboors will have completely leave the EU.

Comment

I have recently had a few requests to sell both " Jurassic Park " and " Curse of the Werewolf " on LAY-AWAY .

Because of your overwhelming interest and want , I will agree to provide a LAY-AWAY plan for those of you that cannot pay the full amount at once .

1. Send ALL payments to my PO Box address provided at the beginning of this blog as hard-copy ( check or Money Order )
                        2. First payment = one third total amount , etc. for 90 days .
                        3. You have up to 90 days to pay the total .
                        4. Once you make your last payment , your copy with be ordered " on-demand " .
                        5. " Jurassic Park " - USA and Canada costs : 275.00 USD , UK costs : 315.00 USD ( other European and Foreign Countries must request total costs )
                        " Curse of the Werewolf " - USA and Canada costs : 138.00 USD , UK costs : 165.00 USD . ( other European and Foreign Countries must request total costs )
                        6. I will send buyer an email confirmation when a payment is received .
                        SEND HARD COPY PAYMENTS TO : DAVID BAKER , PO BOX 772063 , OCALA , FL. 34477

Comment

Ordered.

Comment

Dominique THANK YOU for your support ! Collector's like YOU keep this hobby alive and thriving !
                            Now , as to answer your comment on the amount of work involved - It really takes the efforts of MANY . I am not just the only person involved in a project like this , others who go nameless helped out with their own talents and resources to help make this happen . But YOU , the fan and collector of this hobby also take part by having the desire to see NEW and EXCITING Super 8mm films become available and ultimately the very end result is what you just acquired - JURASSIC PARK Super 8mm Digest !!!

Comment

Originally posted by David Baker View Post
                              Send ALL payments to my PO Box address provided at the beginning of this blog as hard-copy ( check or Money Order )
                              David
                              On your first message of 4 August 2020 you said the payment can also be made via PayPal but with an added 4%. I believe this is the standard way to pay Steve Osborne.
                              Can you please confirm that payments can still be made this way?

Maurice

Comment

Yes Maurice that quote is for buying with a check or money order here in the USA . Paypal payments are the same as buying from Steve Osborne .

Comment

Working...
                                X