Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joseph Banfield
    replied
    Any of the above dual 8 projectors will get the job done regarding projection. If you need sound the 610D is silent only.

Recording video from a projected image is not going to look too nice. The recorded image is going to look much softer than the actual film and will most probably have flicker...not pretty!

What you need is both a dual 8 projector to project your films normally and a telecine unit like a Wolverine to record them frame by frame to get higher quality.
    Last edited by Joseph Banfield; September 25, 2023, 08:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Vitali Vadim
    started a topic Selecting a projector for both formats

Selecting a projector for both formats

Greetings to all fans of films on film!
    I have a collection of rare amateur films. I want to choose a projector for both formats. It is possible without sound. But films also have a magnetic track.
    Eumig mark 610D was not recommended. Normal8 may jerk and shake. Which projector is better to choose? Eumig 710D? Eumig 712D? Sankyo 1000/1000H/2000H? Will there be a good choice of Bolex 18-3 duo?
    It is important to me that it is easy to replace the lamp, which is easy to buy. Demonstration quality of both formats. For this purpose, the design of the projector must be with sprocket?
    I also want to record screen video on the Sony Nex-5N in 25p. Is a smooth change in speed important for this?
    I will be glad to see your advice!​
Working...
X