Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about the new Forum software? Please post here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to edit a previous post or reply? Edit icon does not show up on some posts.

Comment

Hi Janice! Glad you made it over safely- he hee....
      At the bottom right(beside where you see "quote Like", only when you are logged in, and only on your own posts will you see the little microscopic word Edit.
      It gets even smaller every year that passes.....

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Leakey View Post
        It's nice to sign off with a proper signature. It completes your posting. If Brad or Doug disagree with any fanciful name/expression they have the administrators' right to delete it.
        I agree. I think it;s selfish to disable a feature just because of a personal dislike.

Comment

Yes I'm aboard James! Here is an example of a thread "Happy Holidays" where I was logged in... posted a reply... and attached a photo, however there is no edit icon. I do see the edit icon on this post

Click image for larger version  Name:	No Edit Icon.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.7 KB ID:	215

Comment

Janice,
            Which browser are you using btw? Can you try a different browser and check if it is the same.
            If you are using FF, can you check to make sure you are not blocking any forum images in Tools->Options->Content ->Load images automatically [Exceptions]. Also, sometimes 3rd party addons in the browser can be blocking some images/URL. Maybe do a temp disable of those addons and see if any changes.
            If this doesn't work, let us know....I am not sure this is on the server side*, but also do not know how things have been set-up...just offering suggestions...

I am using Brave currently, which is also based on FF, but seems to be working here.

*From an admin point of view, there is a way to block posts from being edited at certain times of the day (In the ACP= "Time Limit for Editing Posts (hr)" ), but I do not think that is the case here.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Goss View Post

I agree. I think it;s selfish to disable a feature just because of a personal dislike.
              Leonard - Rather than say "no" with no explanation, I elected to answer the gentleman's question with the reasoning as to why the answer was no. I guess in the future I should just stick to "no". Regardless, you can think to yourself that it's selfish to delete a feature, but I find it terribly rude and disrespectful of you to make such a comment at me when I am the one paying all of the bills to provide this free service.

Comment

I"m using Chrome James on a PC. I checked MS Edge...and it was worse... didn't even displaying the "Like" or "Quote" links....no links at all. The "Edit" link doesn't show up on my Android phone either. It appears this is the only post not showing the edit link. Could be just an initial glitch.

Comment

I don't have any questions but I would Like everybody to know that I think the changes are wonderful thank you so much Brad and Doug for everything that you do

Comment

Janice
                    you are not alone. I too cannot locate an edit icon - even on my own post and when I'm logged on. Doug/Brad - can you help?

Comment

How do you get photo's to appear in the body of the text as opposed to appearing as attached files? Shane's photos of his 18-5 projector ,and Janice's latest post on her viewing room set up, both have photos embedded in the text, which is the way to go.

Comment

Janice- now that some time has passed, i can see this issue may be indeed a time restriction on posts.

Brad/Doug: 1: In the ACP, is there possibly a time restriction set on the post that only allow people to edit posts for a given time period?
                        vboptions > Message posting and editing options > Time Limit on Editing of Posts

Paul:

where you see this image(highlighted in green) on the editing toolbar is how to upload images into the text:

how to upload images

--------------------
                        --
                        Cheers,
                        Matt 📽
                        Last edited by Mathew James; December 04, 2019, 08:54 AM.

Comment

I checked my latest topic (http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/fo...ors-and-screen) and one of the two photos is not showing up...it did initially. Can't edit it either...no edit button. I'm a big after-the-fact editor so having a time limit on edits would not be good.

Comment

I have seen on other forums that you can edit your post until there is another post after yours and then you cannot.... then the moderator has to do the edit.

the edit icon was on my post so I have added this.....

well I was still able to edit even after Paul posted the picture.....I am on my cell phone too....perhaps it is a time limit

just added this after over 3 hours making the original posting so i’m not sure about the edit function disappearing after 10 min
                            Last edited by Bill Phelps; December 04, 2019, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks Matt, I will try a quick test of embedding an image in this text
                              t:Click image for larger version

Name:	cadbury.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	296

Looks like it works!

Comment

The edit option disappears after 10 minutes. This is a very important setting to prevent the destruction of the archives.

Also, assuming I have this set correctly, you can now put up to 15 photos in an individual post.

Comment

Working...
                                X