Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about the new Forum software? Please post here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're welcome Evan, Happy New Year!

Comment

Hi Doug or Brad

I have been getting messages through our contact on "Facebook" that Thomas Knapps is going through the same problem I had in getting the e-mail to activate his account. Thomas had registered, but nothing has happened so far. I did mention to Thomas that it can take a while but that was a while ago. Can anyone here help him? if so that would be great.

Regards Graham.

Comment

Hi Graham,

Thanks for posting on Thomas' behalf. It has all been taken care of.

Doug

Comment

Sometimes, with all the problems in life, we miss some great things in life.

This is a great thing, in case anyone missed it!!!. This will become more apparent on longer threads when you want to get to the last entry:

Jump to the Last Page- Very Cool!
          --------------------
          --
          Cheers,
          Matt 📽

Comment

Actually, I have found that the index shortcut listed below to be more useful. It takes you directly to the first not yet read posting in a thread, rather than the last posting. This button only appears if there are unread postings in a given thread.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8mm.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	2685

Comment

Impossible to add pictures since yesterday. Nor from my computer, nor from my mobile. I keep receiving the message : "Please, enter a valid URL."

Comment

Has anyone encoutered the same problem ? I don't want to try again without being sure it will work since it took me some time to upload the pictures.

Comment

Dominique,

This just worked for me. Are you using the "Upload Attachments" button?

Doug

Click image for larger version

Name:	Famous Monsters ad2 small.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	3108

Comment

It's working again, Doug ! I've just tried and uploaded three pictures with success (I previousely tried with five or six, I don't know if that made the difference). I, Indeed, used the Upload Attachments button, as I did before. Whatever the problem was, it seems to be fixed

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong...but if you have to be logged into the forum to see photos then the sharing feature to Facebook or Twitter would not be too useful. I haven't tried sharing a post on Facebook...but I did send a link to my son and he said he couldn't see the photos. Since I do use Facebook it would be nice to have the sharing feature working. Has anybody tried it?

Comment

Hi Janice,
                        I think in some cases you can see 'photos' when not logged in.
                        For example, When not logged in, I can see the thumbnail images to youtube videos that users have linked to in their post.
                        I can also see this image when not logged in: http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/fo...wkeye-telecine
                        which appears to link to this location: http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/fi...108&type=thumb

...but it seems most images we have uploaded are not seen unless logged in, such as this link: http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/fi...863&type=small

Here is a facebook link example that graham posted: http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/fo...932-supersound
                        Here is a youtube link example that graham posted: http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/fo...rilliant-short

It seems thumbnails can get through.....
                        --
                        Cheers,
                        Matt 📽

Comment

Thank you Matt for replying and taking the time to test it out . If that's the case then in all practicality I recommend removing the sharing feature all together. I'm not sure a lot of people would use this feature anyway. That said... I would like to share a couple of posts I've made in the past...but because not all of the pictures were thumbnails or maybe no thumbnails at all...well what's a shared post worth without its accompanying photos. For that matter I probably won't always use thumbnails in the future either. Now if I could go back and add the thumbnails (although they may be too small to really be useful)...but...oh no...can't do that either....time limit on editing. I just seem to be hitting up against a lot of brick walls.

Comment

Not too many members have been using the like button. However is there a way to list the people that have liked
                            a post?

Comment

I have a technical question as well : on my computer, I see, like on the good old forum, the name of the last member who replied to a thread. However, I don't on my phone, so I have to click on the thread (when it's the same of course, when another thread has replaced the last I read, the problem is solved by itself) see it. Is there a way to set a specific function regarding that ?

Comment

One thing I forgot to mention is when I up-loaded pictures on the Eumig assembly line, is I had to start with the last photo first, as I noticed that as soon as I clicked on it, the photos went up, not down as you would expect. eg if you are posting say four I have to start with the last one first, otherwise when you scroll down after you have finished I found the first photo "the start" I posted to be at the bottom.....I might be doing something wrong, but in the old forum as you submitted each photo they went top to bottom not bottom to top

Comment

Working...
                                X