Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about the new Forum software? Please post here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just noticed that the rules for the forum states we should change the title of the thread to SOLD if appropriate. I have always done this to save someones time from opening the thread and realizing the item is no longer available. However with the time limit now being imposed on editing unless an item is sold with a few hours...this is not possible.

Comment

What's a "tag"?
      -is it like the one on a mattress you can be jailed for life for removing?
      Last edited by Steve Klare; December 11, 2019, 09:51 AM.

Comment

My pleasure Doug!

That is a good point Janice! I guess we should label the posts "SOLD:..." ahead of time, and think positive!

Steve, maybe we need this?
        tag away
        Forum Tags:
        If topic tagging is enabled, when a member creates a New Topic, they have the ability to add specific tags to quickly explain what a post is about and it also helps users find related topics based on those tags when they use the search.

For example, if we made a new topic about selling a mint condition optical colour super 8mm print of 'the life and times of grizzly adams', they could tag the thread with:

optical, grizzly adams, colour, super 8mm, Osi*

*this last tag is completely necessary!!!

The question is, is tagging enabled on this forum? The admins can tell us for sure. The fact it shows it when making a new thread, i am thinking it must be.

--
        Cheers,
        Matt 📽

Comment

Janice,

Excellent point. For now, if an item is sold please continue the practice of posting that in the thread. I'll place "sold" in the topic title.

Matt, I'll check about the tags.

Doug

Comment

What is the best size and resolution for the avatar pic?

Comment

Thank you with the help registering guys much appreciated

Comment

Lee,

I'm glad you could join us!

Barry,

When you first click to upload your avatar pic, there is a message that reads:
                The maximum size of your avatar image is 200 by 200. If your picture (or crop area) is larger, it will be resized to the allowed dimensions.
                Doug

Comment

My picture Antoine ORSERO
                  Last edited by Antoine Orsero; December 14, 2019, 04:35 PM. Reason: How to put my picture on the left ?

Comment

What’s crazy is I’m so accustomed to Forum Time being an hour behind Local, that now that I have the choice to adjust so that they match I’m kind of...reluctant!

Comment

I know that in multi-page threads there is the old listing of pages at the bottom, but at the top there is a box with the page number on and an up-down indicator. In fact if you highlight the number in the box and type in the page you want to go to and press return it does go there.

Comment

I have now received two PM notices from the old forum. This latest notice is from Norman Hixenbaugh. I don't see his name listed in the new forum list...so I'm guessing he doesn't know about the change-over. Should I PM him back through the old forum? Are both the old and new PM features suppose to be active? Not sure what to do.

Comment

Hi Janice,

I've been in contact with Norman and he is now registered here. Thanks!

Doug

Comment

Hi, I am having difficulty editing my post. Does anyone know if there is a time limit to editing? If not, how can I access this feature? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Samaras View Post
                              Hi, I am having difficulty editing my post. Does anyone know if there is a time limit to editing? If not, how can I access this feature? Thank you!
                              see post #30 in this very thread.

Comment

Thank you for the quick response Leonard. I guess that makes sense. When films are sold an additional post will have to suffice. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X