Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about the new Forum software? Please post here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was able to edit a post from over 3 hours ago

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Miller View Post

Leonard - Rather than say "no" with no explanation, I elected to answer the gentleman's question with the reasoning as to why the answer was no. I guess in the future I should just stick to "no". Regardless, you can think to yourself that it's selfish to delete a feature, but I find it terribly rude and disrespectful of you to make such a comment at me when I am the one paying all of the bills to provide this free service.
      Brad, I apologise unreservedly for my comment, it was not meant to be rude or disrespectful to you in any way. You have my utmost respect for providing such a wonderful and informative service at your own expense and as such I do of course realise that you may enable or disable any features that you choose. I am very sorry to have caused you any upset.

Comment

Now I cannot edit my original post from about 10 hours ago but I can still edit my post from 7 hours ago. Just trying to help figure out the edit scenario.

Comment

Hi all - I think the new forum and format is really good!

Ill try and work out how to put my picture on next.

Best to all.

Mark

Comment

FYI Admins.... I received an email from the old forum today. Guess that needs to be archived also.

Comment

A member of the classical forum sent me an e-mail in which he says : "
              I cannot find the new Forum site.
              And if I ask for my forgotten password I don’t get a reply.
              What can I do?
              I „stand before the door“ of the forum and cannot enter." I answered that he could try to refresh the page and not worrying too much for the moment about the password since he would have to create a "new" account anyway but that didn't work, so he cannot join us. What should I advise him ? Maybe other members are encountering the same trouble ?

Comment

Dominique,

The door opens outward, so probably standing before it is not a great idea. Please direct our former member to http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb. He should be able to sign up without a problem.

Doug

Comment

😉 Doug.

Donne. I hope it will work.

Comment

Breaking news : it did work 🥳

Comment

I've included 3 images in this post on the 9.5 forum (link below) and they appear for me, on both my PC and my laptop, but not on my phone. I sent the link to a friend and he can't view the photos on his PC. We both get the message “Invalid File Specified". What am I doing wrong please? Thanks, Iain

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/fo...ould-do-better

Comment

Something which I found useful on the previous forum was the location of the poster displayed next to their name (or was it below the name?). It was particularly useful for items offered for sale or for items wanted. Is this possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Iain Petrie View Post
                          I've included 3 images in this post on the 9.5 forum (link below) and they appear for me, on both my PC and my laptop, but not on my phone. I sent the link to a friend and he can't view the photos on his PC. We both get the message “Invalid File Specified". What am I doing wrong please? Thanks, Iain

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/fo...ould-do-better
                          Hi Iain,
                          I believe what you are experiencing is because you are logged in, and your friend is not logged in. Likewise, on your phone, maybe you are not logged in on the phone?
                          Therefore the pictures may be restricted to non-members(ie. not logged in).
                          This is me hunch.
                          --------------------
                          --
                          Cheers,
                          Matt 📽

Comment

Ah thanks Matt, that makes sense.
                            Iain

Comment

Matt,

Thank you so much for helping us all make the transition to the new software. Your assistance is invaluable.

Dominique,

I'm glad it worked out!

Michael,

I realize it's another step, however you can always click on the profile to see the location of the topic poster. Location info was mandatory during the registration process on the GOF. That's not so here, and I believe a number of folks have left those fields blank. I also like seeing where the person's location is.....I'll check with Brad about this.

Doug

Comment

I am in... thanks Doug and Brad... I had been thinking that I might have been dealing with some distant relation of HAL9000 ....plenty of new features here, look forward to trying them out soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X