Just Joined The 1.5 Million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Joined The 1.5 Million

1.5 million people in the UK have received their first covid-19 vaccination.
    This morning, I have swelled the number by one more.

Maurice

Well done Maurice. Keep us updated on how you feel. I’m in the queue somewhere category 6 I think.

Mike

Comment

Mike
      Will do.
      I am 86, so I am in category 2.
      We were held for fifteen minutes after the jab to see if we might drop dead.

Maurice

Comment

Well done both you, Maurice, and those providing the vaccine!

Comment

Well done Maurice, cant wait to get mine but at 68,am not in the highest catagory.

Comment

Maurice

Hope, whoever was holding you for 15 minutes was good looking 😜 When my time comes up to be pricked. I’m hoping it will not be our local GP surgery as the nurse there is a butcher at taking blood. I would imagine she’s would be a horror at injections. Remember the BCG injection you got just before the summer break in last week of primary school.

Mike

Comment

Mike
              Not exacting holding in the sense of "in arms", but sitting in a waiting room chair with a sticky label attached to my coat giving the time I could be "released".

Maurice

Comment

Glad to hear about your getting the shots, and at 55, I have a ways to go, but looking forward to it, none the less.

Comment

Pleased to hear you've had your first dose Maurice. My 89yr old father had his this week too and he was kept there for 15mins as well.

Comment

It's now 24 hours after my jab, so here's an update.

A few hours after the jab my arm began to ache, progressingly becoming also sore, particularly when I banged my arm against a doorway. At bedtime I decided on a hot water bottle on my arm and I slept with it all night, I like to think that it helped.

Now, this morning, there is only a dull ache, soon I will be able to lift a 16mm projector.

Yesterday I was given two items.
                    1) A card with the name of the vaccine, the batch number and the date. There is space below for the second appointment date and details as above, it is blank at the moment.
                    2) A booklet "Covid-19 vaccination - What to expect". Most interesting is "Very common side effects include" :-
                    a) Having a painful, heavy feeling and tenderness in your arm. This tends to be worse around 1-2 days after the vaccine.
                    b) Feeling tired
                    c) Headache
                    d) General aches, or mild flu like symptoms.

None of the above have affected me as described. Item a) is partially correct, although, as I say, my arm is feeling better already.

Maurice

Comment

3 months on after having Covid and I still feel like that times three. By 4pm flopped on settee exhausted.
                      Doctor says we get ours next month all being well although I did ask if they could give mine to someone else who has not had Covid as we still have antibodies having donated the plasma and tested for them.

Take care Maurice and thanks for the tip about sitting time. I'll have to take in the 9.5 Pathe Kid projector and a Popeye film to watch when sat sitting.😊

Comment

If nothing else Lee, the vaccine should extend the immunity having suffered the virus gave you. Hence the 2 jabs for everyone, they can't be sure how long immunity lasts.

Comment

I, of course, also have the annual flu jab. I understand that the Covid virus and the flu virus are somewhat related. Perhaps that is why I have not had the side effects which were listed.

I also hear that the Government have now approved a third vaccine. Let's hope that the three vaccines will increase the speed in which everybody, eventually, will be able to have a vaccine jab.

Perhaps things can return to normal in due course. But, the daily news bulletins are very disheartening.

Maurice

Comment

Nice to see that they gave you that "what to expect" booklet. I am hoping that they'll hand out some form of card on lieu of having to wear the "mask of shame".

Comment

That’s good your symptoms were relatively mild Maurice. Mother in law went for her jab this morning. From all reports it was like a scene out of The Ladykillers as all her age group locally were being vaccinated-at same time. If tea and buns had been supplied they would never have left. . I think she actually enjoyed the experience no side effects to date.

Comment

Working...
                              X