No announcement yet.

Just Joined The 1.5 Million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mother in law got a phone call 7am to go in for jab.

I just hope people dont get over confident after jab and go carrying it about. Doctor said about 5 months protection which wanes towards the end is expected.

Another was saying if you have had virus moderately to bad you have more anti bodies.

Comment

Good to read about the experience of members here, although I'm disappointed if the vaccine only protects for around 5 months, as presumably that would mean the most vulnerable people would ideally need to be vaccinated again before many of the least vulnerable have had their first vaccinations.

I wouldn't wish to 'jump the queue', but if the launch of 24 hour vaccination centres results in limited demand for a 3am slot, I'll be happy to step in!

Comment

You may have more "antibodies", but the research also states that this form of immunity goes away in as little as two or so months, depending on the individuals genetics, so it is still a good idea to get the jab!

Comment

Time will tell the full story but if you've had Covid it's worth donating your anti bodies to hopefully help others. Painless enough when I did it and you only need make a phone call, at least in UK.

On BBC we had a excellent research programme How to boost your immune system. It is on BBC Iplayer still.
          Moderate exercise is good, vit D3 and veg.
          Dont go doing hard gym exercise as the tests showed it weakened the immune system.
          Worth a watch with one guy boosting his near 50%

Ma in law is fine still

Comment

Its pretty clear we are going to have to keep distancing and wearing mask`s ( in the street too ) for a long time to come.

You really do need to go on as if you do have it.

With the mutations etc we are still just getting going on a very long haul sadly.

I`m pretty sure the only way out is a dramtic knock it on the head cure/treatment.

I have no idea how pubs or eateries etc can come back from this in the near furture.

The UK is one of the " We handled it badly club " with the first mutations.

They were told in July if we did`nt get a grip there would be one.

So eat out to help out in August, then September wallop !!!

Oh well.

Take care everyone.

Comment

Door security in Aldi here doing our shop were excellent. Anyone without a mask turned away and if mask not fitted correctly turned away. Only a year late but we know it's a learning curve.
              You all take care

Comment

Though our government's handling of it gave increased chances for mutations (the more it spreads and replicates the more chance of many mutations) it was our gene sequencing that detected the mutation first. that is no indication that we had the first mutation of the virus, just that we were the first to be able to spot it, technically no-one knows where it started.

That program was a bit worrying when they said that alcohol decreased the effectiveness of the immune system, but did qulify it to say that the test was only in a non drinker. Pity they didn't repeat it with a regular drinker.

Comment

I did end up with the same sore arm as Maurice on next day one and felt a bit woosey , now on day three the ache is wearing off.

I then checked my BP yesterday ( day two after ) 215/115 so why I was woosey I think.

Not sure if thats just me or it helped it up more.

Its usally around 160 ish.

An extra tab has it back under 200 thankfully.

I read a worrying article on the BBC today still saying most transmission is indoors so don`t worry in the streets etc.

But with the old variant that was about 3% of transmission.

But with the new variant it may be quite a good deal higher outdoors.

Then multiply that by all the people in the UK out in all the high streets with no mask, then them again with it now out etc etc.

In a local shop a shopper told a member of staff that they were just about to go for a test !!!

There are some truly dim goings on in the UK. We have a much longer way to go beacuse of these types sadly.

Comment

Update.
                    The initial heading of this Topic has more than doubled.
                    The UK figure is now 3.2 million people have received a Covid-19 vaccination.

Maurice

Comment

According to everything being reported, these new shots are supposed to cover this more aggressive covid variation, which is great, but there is supposed to be another variation of the covid down in Africa. Sheesh, that's all we need, a "designer" covid for every nation!

Comment

The the Pfizer and Moderna ones should cover the UK version well and SA one OK, they think, but possibly not the Brazil one thats more mutated.

I think that has 12 spike changes. We can hope they do.

Not so sure the Oxford one I had copes with either of the later two.

Though may still help if you catch it.

The world and how we move about everysingle day so much is very different from 1919.

And Covid is basically a right tw*t.

Best Mark.

Comment

Good news Maurice.
                          66 million in UK a little way to go yet but good news our front line workers are getting protection along with those.most in need.

Comment

Good you are getting vaccinations. Hopefully they will give long term protection and end this mess. Not convinced about lockdowns. There’s not much point when the country is as porous as a bucket with a giant hole in it. Lebanon will give us an example soon. Total lockdown for 11 days from January 14th land air and sea borders shut and only allowed out with note for medical assistance or key worker. Food to be delivered to all homes. You are likely to get shot if you do go out. If that doesn’t work nothing will.

Remember being told I was vitamin d deficient 5-6/years ago by doctor who made light of it said most people are. I started getting it have not had a cold or bug ever. Evangelised to family circle, work colleagues and friends etc and now there are about 20 of us. All report they never get ever get colds , flu sore throats or tummy bugs. Could be a coincidence but here’s a link to benefits of vitamin d. For a few pounds it’s worth taking. It is also beneficial for hypertension and diabetes
                            https://www.health.com/nutrition/vit...min-d-benefits

Could also explain why ethnic groups are harder hit by COVID as they tend to be severely vitamin d deficient through lower absorption.

Comment

Covid and Vitamin D

https://mol.im/a/9148549

Comment

I'm upping my Vitamin D from 40 to 75 micro grams/day.

Comment

Working...
                                X