No announcement yet.

Just Joined The 1.5 Million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We do feel that as we annually have el flu vaccine gave us a little better chance when we got Covid 19. Some super fit friends and younger than us got it and were admitted to intensive care. Out but very slow recovering.

Our local hospital closed today as majority of staff have contracted it so no one to treat patients. In the UK its swiftly moving up from Kent, London,Essex to the North. The sooner the jab is given the better really.

in a few weeks Maurice you will at least have a partial barrier to it. End of March our anti buddies as I call them start reducing.

Good news, my sence of smell and taste is returning big time. It started with a sort of hay fever lasting for a week. That is subsiding and i can taste cheese again and even eggs so reely happy. Just over 4 months for this return pretty good going.

Bring on el jab when it happens 🤠

Comment

I'm so glad to hear that your faculties are returning, Lee, as I have heard of people 9 months later having everything they eat "taste" like cardboard or worse. I've actually thought that if I was to get covid and have the same condition, I'd just east lots of macaroni, just to keep my protein levels up. Yep, boring, but what's the sense of eating sirloin steak if you can't taste the bloody thing!?!

Comment

It's now 72 hours (three days) since my Pfizer vaccine jab. I am very pleased to report that all the aches and pains in my left arm have now disappeared and things are quite back to normal.

UK residents may have read today that the Government is rolling out seven mass vaccination hubs across the country. My home city of Bristol is one that is included. It's in part of the Bristol City Football Ground and they hope to be able to increase the amount of vaccinations in the area. Mine was done at a doctor's quite locally.

Mass vaccination centre at Bristol City's football stadium which can jab four people every minute is ready to open (thesun.co.uk)

Maurice

Comment

Hi Maurice, Like you I am 86 and had mine on 30th December. I also had to wait before being allowed to go. It is common practice evidently. I have not had any side effects at all. It became effective today. My date for the second jab has been postponed. It was due to be done on 20th Jan. I must say that my surgery team are extremely well organised. Unfortunately I also learned last week that I have lost a long standing friend and fellow 9.5mm "cinemaniac" to the virus.
          We had been friends since we were 18. First met up in 1953 whilst on National service in the Canal Zone in Egypt. Ken Finch.

Comment

With the yearly flu jab you should hang around for around 15- 20 minutes, some people can get a reaction. This jab is no different. When I drove for Go Bus a person in front of me on the jab line at the depot, landed up on the ground and feeling unwell in less time than 5 minutes. Also don't drive until that time is up, give yourself a break until you are sure you are ok. Every vaccination can have side effects with certain people, you just don't know if you might be one of them.

Comment

It seems there are other necessary things in any injection other than the vaccine that people could be allergic to so it makes sense to give time to find out if the person is a sufferer.

Comment

Well I had my Oxford Jab today just over 2 hours ago.

No pain as of yet here. But we shall see.

I did`nt feel anything with the jab itself.

To be honest jumped straight back in the van and drove afterwards.

Hope it works !!!

Best Mark.

PS next one in 12 weeks.

PPS sorry about your friend Ken. Poor chap.

Comment

Also, thankfully you have now joined the 2.8 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham Ritchie View Post
                    .....With the yearly flu jab you should hang around for around 15- 20 minutes.....

I have had the flu jab annually for many years at my local Doctor's surgery, and have always left immediately.

Maurice

Comment

Mother in law had the Vaccine as well, probably the best 90th birthday present
                      No side effects thus far

Comment

Certainly last year they didn't want people hanging around in the surgery waiting room at my doctors, before or after the 'flu jabs. No point getting protection against 'flu and catching Covid-19.

Comment

My arm did get slightly achey, a little more today.

Its noticeable if you think about it on and off, but OK so far.

The Dr said about 2 - 3 weeks to give you coverage.

The Oxford one is not as good against it apparently but still good if you do get it.

I see a lady of 106 was on the news as she had and got over Covid twice.

There is also another uk lady around that age , I don`t think its the same one, who as a toddler survived the 1919 one and then covid as well.

Talk about good genetics !!!

We are lucky its small and rural here as some of the Ques in towns do not look healthy at all.

Best Mark.

Comment

I've heard that even if the Oxford one is not as good as preventing infection it is very good against you getting seriously ill and needing hospitalisation. You would still need to be very careful against spreading, it even if you don't feel ill but have other symptoms though.

Comment

Don`t worry Brian I am big on masks, distance etc etc.

The UK needs them in the streets too.

2m outside even with a slight wind your way, bingo !!!

With puffing cycle types and runners you want to be much further away.

We all still need to be very careful for each other possibly for many years.

I would of prefered the Pfizer or Moderna, but I wasn`t going to turn down the Oxford when offered it and hope.

Best Mark.

Comment

Maurice

Before Covid 19 the usual practice after the jab was for this reason..

From medical information.

Quote.

"On rare occasions some recipients my encounter an anaphylactic reaction after receiving the injection. It is important that a trained medical professional is on hand to assist if this does take place. If its going to happen, an anaphylactic reaction usually occurs within 20 minutes of the vaccine being administered"

PS last year because of the lockdown at our doctors surgery everyone received a text to be there at a certain time. When arriving at the surgery, it was closed, but they had a long line of us oldies 2 meters apart leading way down the street and around the back of the Burger King car park. The head of this long line was in the surgery car park, where two young ladies with all the gear on, were taking details and jabing each person. The long single line was split into two in the surgery car park, glad is was not raining although I saw a few folk bring along fold up chairs during the time on the slow moving line
                                Last edited by Graham Ritchie; January 14, 2021, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X