No announcement yet.

This new forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like terry, I'm finding the new format difficult to get used to. Compared to the old it at first seemed, dare I say it, amateurish.
    The printing seems very small in relation to the space provided, whereas the old fitted perfectly with decent print size.
    Perhaps I'm being unfair, maybe I can make some adjustments on my tablet. If not hopefully I'll get used to it.

Comment

On my desktop browser (FireFox), the slightly larger font is now perfect. On my iPhone (Safari), I am not sure there is any difference from the previous font size, but that may be just my perception.

Comment

Yes thanks Brad/Doug - much better now. I guess my initial comment/ instinct of the small font size being the problem resonated with most members. One other thing that would be good - can we have members locations reinstated? I realise that you can see the members location by clicking on the name, but it would be nice to see it at first glance ( or am I being too fussy).
        Last edited by Terry Sills; February 10, 2020, 12:19 AM.

Comment

I think the font is better now as well! Thanx Brad.

@Mitchell- you can further increase font size on your phone in your settings. If you use an android based based, see here: https://forums.tomsguide.com/faq/how-do-i-increase-or-decrease-font-size-in-an-android-device.332362/

Comment

Ok, somebody (can't be me or Doug) give this a whirl and see if you can now change the look of the forum for your personalized account login.

As Doug noted above, it should be in the very bottom left corner of the screen. ("Black Red" is the forum's default.)

Comment

When I change the style...it works...but the 8mm header is gone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-02-15 23.33.34.png
Views:	342
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	4140

Also when you go back to the main home page it's back to the default Red/Black style.

Comment

I would assume the issue with the disappearing style is a matter of cacheing in your browser. Try pressing F5 to force a reload of the page.

Not sure on the header...I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the report.

Comment

Hi all

its great!

Comment

All champion here but I do find the Blue Yellow quite relaxing

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Mannering View Post
                      All champion here but I do find the Blue Yellow quite relaxing
                      Sorry but I confused that with the play Blue Orange, which isn't at all relaxing.

Comment

Something strange has happened. I posted a picture in a message and that picture vanished. There is still the space where it was displayed but that space is white. I've just repost the picture. Hope this time it remains...It happened there : How did Blackhwak Films price their releases? - 8mm Forum (film-tech.com)

Comment

Dominique,

Please.....drinking and posting do not mix! But seriously(!), I never saw that picture in your first reply. This does happen on occasion. My technical explanation is...gremlins.

Comment

You know me so well 🤪

I buy the Gremlins explanation. That makes sens on a movie forum...

Comment

Things change, some for better, some for worse, but I do think this new forum is an improvement. Looks folks, the simple fact is that, you don't have to pay a single penny to have access to all the benefits of this forum, (advice, possible sales or buys of long sought films), and you also don't have to deal with the constant vagaries of human nature and people being unpleasant with each other, and having to moderate that junk. All in all, I think each and every person who is a member of this forum ought to stop and say a major thank you to the extremely tolerant and highly patient Brad and Doug, who have this forum here for nothing more than the love of the hobby. Me first, thanx Brad, thanx Doug!

Comment

When someone LIKES something we write

I would LIKE to know who that is.

Everyone get that?

Comment

Working...
                                X