This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Superman, Enough is Enough

Well, i woke up to the news, confirmed, that the new DC Comic Superman, Jon Kent Son of Clark Kent is going to be bisexual. So we can see which way the films going to go. Oh dear!!!
    Jerry Siegel will be turning in his grave, yet again film goers, everything is being change to suit a few. Will anyone in the film world/comic world actually say no the this kind of pathetic nonsense? No doubt a film will follow and i for one will never watch it.
    I guess i ponders to todays Uni brainwashed generation.

It's a sign of the times, but is it welcome on the screen?

Comment

Trash!Superman,Superman,the man with the terrific muscles.Superman'Superman.his blood is just one big corpuscle! No sniffles no sneezes no germs no diseases.What a man .what a man what a mam!.......eH!

Comment

Well his father did wear his underwear outside his pants. No more to be said.

Comment

Maurice, i dont think it is a sign of the times, this is yet again, a certain group pushing it out there in order to make every one think its what everyone wants to see and therefore APPEARS to be a sihn of the times., in my view it is not what people want to see on screen or read about. As yet it isnt a movie but im sure it will be.
          whats next i wonder. James Bond, superman,batman, these characters need to be left as they were written for not turned upside down to prove a point gor a small group.

Comment

Errol Flynn was obviously well ahead of his time. He would have a ball if he lived now.

I’m waiting for the DC Comics / Marvel movie sludge to finally sink at the box office but as long as the morons keeping going to see them , stream them or buy them the studio system will keep churning them out.

I think I read somewhere there is a remake of Howard the Duck being planned and he is also sexually ambiguous but then again Howard is a giant duck interacting in the real 😂😂😂world.

Comment

I`m not saying I am for or against these many and very varied things these days, even if well intended.

But it worries me that we will have a generation of teenagers who don`t know whether they are coming or going.

They could easily be so mixed up and confused going through thier lives.

And thier children !!! Where are they going to be at.

Lifes hard enough already in 2021

Best Mark.

Comment

Well if you will cross breed between Krypton and Earth who knows what you will come up with. I would think Clark and Lois would just be glad that it was possible at all.

Comment

Everybody is entitled to a sex life just don’t want to know about it. Really we have moved from one type of discrimination to another.

I notice the Nobel award panel have declared they won’t do quotas that awards on based on ability and talent.

Comment

So it's as simple as this : Don't like it ? - Then don't support it . Period .

Comment

Boycott is the best policy. They react to money loss before anything else.

Comment

Quite true, but only to an extent, Mike, but I definitely agree with Dave, for instance, when I see an advertisement for a product that is suddenly pandering to things I don't agree with or support, l write it down on my list of " don't buy this product", but Hollywood has had this agenda building for years. They are not pandering to society, they are purposefully intending to change society. We have already seen how Hollywood will already keep films from Oscar recognition of they don't have a certain quota of "people" that they champion.

Comment

I don't think Superheroes should be sexually active in any way!
                          (Someone could get hurt!)

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
                            Quite true, but only to an extent, Mike, but I definitely agree with Dave, for instance, when I see an advertisement for a product that is suddenly pandering to things I don't agree with or support, l write it down on my list of " don't buy this product", but Hollywood has had this agenda building for years. They are not pandering to society, they are purposefully intending to change society. We have already seen how Hollywood will already keep films from Oscar recognition of they don't have a certain quota of "people" that they champion.
                            Funny, I watched a documentary series on Sky recently think it was called Movies produced by Tom Hanks which reviewed films and trends by decade from 1930s to present. Every decade there were notable films you said yes they were good until you got to 2010 onwards then it went all downhill Marvel Star Wars and minority driven films. There was nothing of note . All the award winning films were the same sequels franchises political correct or woke. Actually the only best film was a Parasite which I wouldn’t have watched bar my daughter it was a Korean film with a great story .

Comment

That was a good series Mike, one of the better documentaries regarding movies. You are spot on with about films made after around 2010, i think i've been to the cinema no more than a few times since 2010, obviously the recent visit and disappointment at the PC James bond film, but more happily, a few years ago to see Stan and Ollie, a British film with a subject matter they couldn't tamper with. Other than that, i cannot remember what else i have seen in the cinema in years, someone else mentioned the ignorant twats that either talk all the way through a film, rustle sweet wrappings or put their poxy mobile phones on and light the place up, there's something wrong with people today, respect for others seems to have gone out the window.

Comment

Working...
                              X