Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please be careful and prepared my friends ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friends, I wish I could give you a report from Italy, but the thing is so surreal that I can't even tell it, it seems to be living a nightmare with eyes open.

Comment

Well, fortunately for me, my daughter was allowed to bring home her chrome book from school, so, I am able to be on here in a limited way! The library had it's last day on Monday, so I'm lucky to be able to keep my ebay sales up during this time and do at least a little in keeping in touch.

Comment

Well as of today they close the schools in the UK - so i am skyping my pupils as I home School excluded and autistic children. It is a worrying time for all. So please act sensibly - avoid panic buying, listen to advice given and please look after each other - stay safe.

Comment

The list of "key workers" (why do I always think of locksmiths when I read that phrase?) whose children will still be able to go to school seems to be much bigger than people expected.

Comment

Luigi Castellitto My heart goes out to you and all of Italy. It truely is a nightmare....please stay well and safe.

https://www.facebook.com/10000554980...0926336435681/

Comment

I had a lucky day today. I actually got a tin of baked beans from Aldi. The only one on the shelf and the first I have seen for over a week.

Comment

We have a small local shop that amazingly has beans, corned beef and allsorts on the shelves still as the couple who run it have really gone for keeping things stocked etc. I bought a few tins of ham and tinned pies for my sons today.

We are a bit out of the way and today they had cooked meats etc delivered by the usual local company.

Of course in big towns its different as so many people.

They have seen a lot of local people who don`t usually use the local shops too.

Its a terrible time for us all round the world.

I keep hoping I will wake up and it all be a dream, sadly not yet !!!

Comment

New restrictions starting tomorrow here in England. We should now only go out (once a day) for essential food, medicine and exercise (alone or with a family (co-resident) member) all other shops to close parks still open but no groups of more than 2 allowed. This for the next 3 weeks minimum. Let's hope this cuts the rate of virus spread by the amount we all hope - up to 95% over 30 days.

I got my essentials this morning, early, before the shops got busy.

Comment

Moderator's note: Reply deleted

Comment

Feels like we are living in the twilight zone and 6 super 8 projectors were listed on ebay UK today !!!

I can see the logic of perhaps risking a parcel through a courier etc for some essential supplies and leave it sat for 4 or 5 days yes.

But amazing what is still popping up for sale on ebay and gumtree, furniture etc.

I don`t think people quite have a grip of what we are facing in the UK yet.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	6D937BB9-FF02-4F9C-BE30-C13C1A0F7CDB.jpeg
Views:	324
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	6420 Too funny..........

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	907799A4-1826-48FA-8BFC-952D82BCF66C.jpeg
Views:	356
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	6438

Comment

Well NZ this morning is in complete lockdown for 4 weeks, apart from a few essential services in a attempt to halt its spread. The last time I saw things so quiet here was during the 2011 earthquakes. I am surprised though how quickly this virus has spread worldwide in only three months, considering we were told at the start, that its spread was harder than the usual yearly flu. I can't see any difference in its speed of transmission. If you look back in history the only real effective weapon the human race has been isolation, that has not changed. Anyway folks take care over the coming months, its going to take a while before the tide changes.

Comment

I Don't know if it has been commented on as of yet, but one of my friends in Greece has been told by the post, that Greece will not be shipping any packages out of Greece anywhere else for the fore-seeable future ...

So it looks like collecting will be coming to a screeching halt as well, shortly, unless, you buy within you're own country.

(BTW my wife LOVED the STAR TREK joke!)

Comment

The next outbreak? We’re not ready | Bill Gates
                                Here is a video of a TED talk given by Bill Gates. The post date is April 3, 2015, but the irony is timeless...

Comment

Working...
                                X