Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-09-08 at 08.20.21.jpeg
Views:	304
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	65592

Alexandria in Egypt

Leave a comment:

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    Not quite Daleks, but there's something threatening about these portable air conditioners that have settled in the lobby.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8376.jpeg Views:	22 Size:	241.1 KB ID:	65589

Leave a comment:

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    A pre-CineSea get together....

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSAM9-3IMG_8359.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	329.4 KB ID:	65487

Me, Shorty Caruso & Michael Lattavo at breakfast. The one person with hair is Michael's daughter Aida!

Of course there are films on the table.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Perry
    replied
    Lincoln,

That is a very nice start for celebrating Halloween...one of the best holidays! I hope you have some films lined up as well!

Leave a comment:

• Lincoln Thorn
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4852.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	65450

Preparing for Halloween holiday by starting to decorate my table! Not finished yet, but it's starting to come together.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Klare
    replied
    Right up the street from Uncle Bill's Pancake House!

Leave a comment:

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    Cape May, New Jersey often shows movies on the beach during the summer. Last week they finished this season's lineup with Bruce Brown's 1966 surfing documentary The Endless Summer. With sand underfoot and the sound of waves all around, this was a perfect location to watch this enjoyable film.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8203 BeachMovie1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	144.2 KB ID:	65354

What's nice about inflatable screens is that you can avoid the crowd and watch the movie from behind the screen!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8211 BeachMovie2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	136.8 KB ID:	65355

Leave a comment:

• Steve Klare
    replied
    Welsh Highland Railway, Lee?

-sounds good to me!

I'm a big fan of the Maine Two-Foot Gauge lines which were directly inspired by the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways. (I was mightily pleased when Derann had Ffestiniog Holiday on their used list one day!)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0162.JPG Views:	0 Size:	133.9 KB ID:	64367

Wiscasset, Waterville and Farmington #10 (2-Foot Gauge)
    Alna Center, Maine, December 2009

Leave a comment:

• Lee Mannering
    replied
    As promised you will be seeing a new Super 8 film release on British steam railways from Dorun Films.

We are just wrapping up filming in Wales also featuring railway enthusiast Mr Portillo, it's been some project and undertaking but really enjoyable.

The finished film will make a good 10 minutes or so and expect it on sale in 2023 with more to follow.

A quick snap.

Name:	20220804_152134.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	64362

Leave a comment:

• Steve Klare
    replied
    Jones Beach Bikeway! (-at last!)

My son and I love to ride bikes, and have for a long time. One of my really cool Dad's Days was fifteen years ago when I was finally able to take off his training wheels and he was finally able to two wheel it! If it wasn't miraculous, then it was at least magical!

To this day, when we get a chance to ride bikes we take it. We have local rides we often do, and when we go on vacation we often have racks and bikes mounted to the car. My wife and I visited him at college in Indiana last Easter: I mounted his bike and one of mine on the car for the two day trip out and back and while we were there we rode all over campus!

Off our South Shore, there is Jones Beach, a very famous summer hangout on a long barrier island. For years there has been a five mile bike trail TO Jones Beach, what's new is they talked for years about extending it another fourteen miles ALONG Jones Beach to Captree State Park, a fishing port where party boats take weekend fisherman out for flounder, cod and fluke. Just like lot of things, Covid delayed completion for two extra seasons, but early this year it was finally done!

Steven is headed back to Indiana in about three weeks: heat of Summer or not, the opportunity was yesterday or maybe never so we went for it. A painful part of the coming of Fall is listing all the plans we had that never came off: we wanted to be sure this one wasn't on that list!

We had sunscreen, we had bug-spray, we had tire tools, tubes and a compact tire pump (just in case!). Above all, we had water: at least a liter for each of us and they were almost half ice cubes when we left the house.

-Chains cleaned and oiled, tire pressure: nominal.
    -as Admiral Kirk said "May Fortune favor the foolish!".
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_E4276[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	57.0 KB ID:	64170

Everything went in one day-pack. We traded off carrying it every time we stopped for water. Since it was just under 90 degrees, this trade happened quite a few times!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_E4275[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	46.1 KB ID:	64171

Jones Beach Water Tower: built in the 1920s
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4278[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	134.2 KB ID:	64172

We were headed East. To our left was Great South Bay and people out for the day on their boats. Immediately to the right was Ocean Parkway, Jones Beach and the Atlantic Ocean.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4279[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	124.7 KB ID:	64173

"Let's stop at that shelter up ahead and drink some water!"

-turns out it was a portable traffic sign: Close Enough!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4280[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	228.1 KB ID:	64174

Some nice summer homes

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4282[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	186.8 KB ID:	64175
    Almost There!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4284[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	84.6 KB ID:	64176

Captree State Park at mile 19!

We had finally done it! I won't speak for Steven: he's going to be 20 soon, so he's still pretty adventure-proof. For myself, I feel fine today! Let's just say I enjoyed dinner last night and slept just fine!
    Last edited by Steve Klare; July 31, 2022, 02:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    I took this one yesterday I liked the reflection of the seat in the water .

Name:	P1280898.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	64133

Name:	P1280901.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	64134

Name:	P1280900.JPG
Views:	291
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	64135

Leave a comment:

• Steve Klare
    replied
    Our days looked much the same, Graham!

-of course, you're headed for Spring and we're headed for Autumn.

Leave a comment:

• Graham Ritchie
    replied
    Just got back from Muffin Break so thought I would take a couple of photos of feeding the birds out front. The temp is about 7C at the moment with a bit of rain thrown in. No rugby games today across at the park .

Name:	P1280601.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	63966

Name:	P1280603.JPG
Views:	335
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	63967

Name:	P1280602.JPG