8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 225)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  222  223  224  225  226  227  228  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 27, 2019 02:18 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another rarity I didn't expect to find!LE ROI DU CIRQUE or EQUILIBRISTE PAR AMOUR,(1925).Max Linder's last feature,condenced from five to three reels.Up to a par with anything the great Max did,that is,very funny! Sad to know that after finishing the film,Max and his wife commited suicide. Super 8,nice print with music and narration,from that precious Spanish tv series "Estrelas de Ayer" (Stars of Yesterday).

|  IP: Logged

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2019 10:02 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday June 5

Hello Dolly

Scope/stereo/full feature

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 06, 2019 01:16 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice that Chip.

Finished off our show with a couple of my own home movies and one we had not watched for a bit filmed in 1988 when Prince Charles opened Londons Museum of Moving Image. It called for 200asa film at the time and 30 years on is a priceless record of a exciting place for any film fan. Sadly closed in 1999 for what should have been a short time but it soon proved the end for a loved museum.
 -

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2019 02:21 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I visited MOMI several times. It is a really pity the plans for moving the NFT and Museum to a new development (that never happened) from underneath Waterloo bridge got cancelled.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 06, 2019 02:50 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I loved it as well you could spend ages in it. To think the 15 million came from private donations to set it all up and it was a one off for London, such a shame. Best memories for me will be all those old movie cameras on display and being able to fly with Superman along with the superb actors.
Barry Norman was around filming on my first walk past for his film programme later broadcast. Good times.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 06, 2019 11:16 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We watched "Remo Williams" a pretty good action/adventure, directed by Guy Williams. The print is as perfect color as when i first bought it. Either it is a very good Kodak SP that's survived the hazzards of aging, or an L.p.P. print. Either way, an extremely SHARP optical feature.

I never cease to be amazed as to just how sharp these optical features are, especially from the early 80's on up.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 06, 2019 07:37 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Waw, Panayotis, you're more than Lucky !

I did screen films recently but due to technical (computer) reasons, I didn't list them in this space. Just watched now The Pink Phink, the first Pink Panter cartoon. My release is a Film Office one and has still good colours. The second film is a Blackhawk edition of The Adventure Of The Wrong Santa Claus. Excellent print regarding the picture but strangely this silent film has a soundtrack with a narration, which is, I Believe, unusual for this film editor. The last film I projected was also a silent film released by Blackhawk. Strange as well, The variation Of Mike is a sepia edition and has two parts. The first part is the film unedited, without any intertitles and then in the second part the same film has the scènes in the correct order and intertitles. Needless to say, the first part is ununderstandable (if that word exists). There is an introducing text (as usual with Blackhawk) but strangely the middle of the text is barely legible.

--------------------
Dominique

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2019 02:21 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night the 400ft of The Private lives of Elizabeth and Essex. A good cut down from Derann on pre-LPP low fade Eastman.

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2019 11:51 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'The Longest Day'-colourised by TT.

--------------------
Trevor

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2019 03:05 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Man in the Iron Mask 3 x 400ft from Walton. An ex-PM Films hire
print and has a lot of base scratches, however it has a great cast and is on Agfa stock so the colours, especially in sunlit scenes are really good.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2019 11:08 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday June 13

John Wayne in Stagecoach

Full feature with some JEF trailers

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2019 11:46 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
what was the food pairing with Stagecoach

Beef Jerky or Chipped beef and gravy

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 17, 2019 02:44 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The two extracts from Callan (movie version, based on the original "A Magnum for Schneider") Assignment to Kill and Counter Chase edited together. Walton releases on un-named stock, going a bit pink/brown but all colours were there, vegetation was a good green and B&W TVs showed as light blue.

Put together they told the story well.

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 17, 2019 02:49 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Saturday night consisted of the 5x 400' reel film of "Carve Her Name With Pride" starring Virginia McKenna and Paul Scofield.

First time I had seen it and a corker for the collection!

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 17, 2019 10:57 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We watched our optical print of "Yellowbeard", a very underrated, silly comedy starring the Pythons as well as Cheech and Chong and more comedic actors than I can name. Marty Feldmans last film.

Our print is as brilliant color as when it was first printed, very sharp and a very good sound.

"Professor Anthrax!"

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 18, 2019 11:00 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We watched, "The Survivors" (1983) Robin Williams, Walter Matthau, Jerry Reed. A black comedy that was really tore apart when it came out, but is actually pretty darned funny.

"I feel like a Grizzly inseminator!"

"Now don't worry honey, I'm not cheating, I'm just going to kill somone"

To which she replies ...

"Oh ... thank god."

and, the immortal ...

"What kind of man gives cigarettes to trees?!!"

--------------------

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2019 02:27 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vampire Circus. The 400ft cut down with the 200ft pre-title extract spliced in front. Both of Fuji stock the first 200ft on older less contrasty giving good but lower colour the main part on later Fuji and rather over high contract but it does make the circus scenes look very good.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 24, 2019 03:52 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Raiders of the lost ark 1981 Recently re dubbed into Stereo.

A night to Remember 1958

Quite a night.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2019 01:04 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An assortment of one reelers, mainly cartoons.MOUSE TROUBLES (Tom and Jerry). MOTHER GOOSE BIRTHDAY PARTY (Mighty Mouse).(Finally got a color sound copy from the Netherlands(?) and put it in the old Ken box! GHOST TOWN (Gandy Goose and Sourpuss),also from the Netherlands. REDSKIN BLUES,an old b&w Van Beuren,crazy and illogical but great fun! HENRY 9 TO 5,one of those sex obsessed Bob Godfrey cartoons,this one about a sex obsessed man who dreams of making love to every woman he sees,or imagines, but in the evening feels too tired to make love to his beautiful sex starving wife!! MAN BEHIND THE BADGE, a promo for "Cahill,US Marshall". Dark print from Steel Valley but features some great character actors,plus scenes of Andrew McLaglen (who is a dead ringer of his father,Victor) directing. BANG! an early twenties comedy with lesser known comics Jimmy Addams and Lige Conley.BABY BOTTLENECK,a crazy Bob Clampett cartoon about Porky and Daffy operating a baby factory in the post-war years! A most happy evening!

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2019 04:50 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Goldfinger, Derann release on Agfa stock maximum black rather blue, but with the negative trouble they had with this release no problem (at least it isn't fading to red) bought at a reduced price at an open day. I wonder now if after seeing resale prices I should have bought Star Wars in stead.c
Unfortunately, after recently watching Carry on Screaming, I had the urge to call out "Frying tonight!!" when Oddjob got electrocuted. :-)

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2019 09:31 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday June 29

Scope. Stereo. Full length

No business like show business

With some classical movie musical trailers

To Brian Stearns please do not comment about food choices the joke is old and I am getting uncomfortable with your comments regarding it thank you

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted July 02, 2019 12:46 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice Brian [Smile] I had one of the old Goldfinger optical sound prints which were mag paste striped. Unfortunately the stripe just oozed off the film after several views bit of a shame really. I always tell friends to be very careful when looking for Goldfinger as a few mystery prints are even yet kicking about.

Watched an hour or so of S8 trailers including some Bonds Licence to Kill plus Dracula A.D1972. Main feature was a Blu-Ray X The man with x-ray eyes 1963 Quite a beautiful watch with a new transfer from Kino Lorber.
Closed the show with S8 'The Queen'

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 04, 2019 10:30 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
July 4th 2019

Birth of A Nation
DW Griffith

Full length
Musical score

Intentionally faded pink to introduce the concept of color in motion picture film to the theater audience.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2019 02:33 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have mainly been checking some old Technofilm Warner cartoons for fade. Despite most being on Eastmancolor or Kodak SP I have found a couple on Agfa stock which surprised me. Yesterday I also ran "The Hollywood Musical" as I mentioned in the July 4th thread.

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2019 05:48 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday I screened the 1-reeler THE AVENGERS-„THE LIVING DEAD“ with brilliant colour. Unfortunately my 3-reeler has faded.
After that I watched the full feature of Fritz Lang‘s masterpiece „M“ which are on 2 ELMO reels; starring the young Peter Lorre in one of his best roles!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  222  223  224  225  226  227  228  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC