8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 229)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  226  227  228  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2019 02:51 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dom,I didn't realise the title was nonexistent! So many of Al's comedies (and titles) deal around "speed" and "fast" that it is difficult to distinguish. This one must (or,may) be RACING MAD (1928).

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 23, 2019 01:41 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After reading the thread about making sure you run Eumig projectors on a regular basis...I pulled my 810D and my 824 off the shelf and watched the Marx Brothers in A Night in Casablanca. Both machines ran great and the movie was funny as ever [Smile]

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 24, 2019 11:18 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been giving my Eumig 824 a workout the last couple of nights. I have it set up for standard 8mm film since I have plenty of super8 projectors. It projects great to my cine room screen. Since I have to place the projector on a stand that is less than 15ft from the screen the picture doesn't quite fill the screen...but still big enough. Only 4-5 inches smaller all around. Last night I watched Tom Mix in "The Great K&A Train Robbery (3x400). Excellent contrast in this print!

-

-

[ October 24, 2019, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2019 10:49 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
October 24

120 minutes of silent super 8 shorts

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 25, 2019 02:31 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A docummentary (silent) film called Excision. What is strange is that it's in a Mountain Film boxe with a label and a reference (AF3) but there is nor title nor The End, just a fade in and a fade out. I bought that films many years ago in a camera shop so I would be surprised it's not an official film but there is Something unusual. If anyone knows something about that title…

-

--------------------
Dominique

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 25, 2019 01:23 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique you amaze me with the variety of films in your collection.

Last night was more silent standard 8mm. Marvel movies have come a long long way since this early produced serial. I'm sure at the time it seemed really cool. [Smile] I am impressed with some of the flying effects however.

-

--------------------
Janice

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2019 01:26 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its in the loose leaf Mountain catalogue along with other similar titles. Unable to upload image though.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 25, 2019 01:49 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Over 35 years of collecting, Janice ;-)

Thanks, David. I'm surprised they released a film without any title and The End words.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 25, 2019 06:01 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Creature From The Black Lagoon, the Universal digest in 3D. Nothing to do with a modern 3D experience but the effect is there. I remember when the film was brodacasted on French tv in the eighties, it has been a big event, even in Belgium. Many people bought (or made) the request glasses to Watch the film. As a third of the audience (from what I read) cannot see the 3D effect, a lot of people were disappointed but I remember I was not. Second film, Paul's first Kiss, a silent American Lifeograph title for which I didn't find any information.

--------------------
Dominique

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2019 05:01 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Saturday night in front of the silver screen consisted of the Airport Quadrology (is that grammatically correct?)

In other words...

Airport 1x 400' / Airport'75 1x400' / Airport '77 1x400' / Airport '80 - The Concorde 2x 400'

I was going to treat myself to Airplane 3x 400' but wouldn't have had time. Instead, I finished on a completely different note:

1x 400' Disco Beaver From Outer Space ! - Remember THAT one?!!

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 27, 2019 05:05 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Disco Beaver [Big Grin] I did sell mine on as it was fading but that Dracula mickey take was well good. I'm sure today it would offend all the do gooders though but it made me laugh.
This is the best thing about Super 8, all those well edited digests available make a great varied evenings entertainment [Wink]

My only viewing has been two Fletcher films,
Zulu 1400 and The Buccaneers and a scope trailer from Barry at Indi 8, Every which way but loose and it has great colours with no fade.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2019 10:13 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday night
October 27

Alma Nera

Feature length

Italian sound
Spanish subtitles

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 28, 2019 06:50 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Three standard/regular films. The first, colour sound, Santa's Surprise (1947). Then, two (silent) James Finlayson films : Une belle famille and Le troisième larron (Internet says it's Up In Alf's Place but it doesn't look to be that title).

--------------------
Dominique

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2019 02:03 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is again Mr know-it-all (me!) "Une belle famille" is "Yes,Yes,Nannette" (Roach,1925) and "Le troisieme larron" is "Hard Knocks and Love Taps" (Sennett,1921).

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 30, 2019 03:27 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Panayotis ! The world needs more people like you.

--------------------
Dominique

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2019 07:01 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2019 05:05 PM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I screened the „Runaway Brain“ cartoon and the full feature of „The Fog“, the John Carpenter masterpiece in splendid Cinemascope.
This film hasn’t lost its fascination for decades...!

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 31, 2019 05:53 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dr Jekyll And Mr Mouse (T&J) and some early films (Edison, mostly).

--------------------
Dominique

Martin Dew
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2019 04:48 PM      Profile for Martin Dew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just watched my lovely print of Great Expectations full feature tonight on one of the Eumig 938s. Amazing.

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2019 06:22 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Screened IT'S A MAD , MAD , MAD , Mad WORLD in SCOPE and IB TECH .
The 154 min. version . Was just GREAT seeing all those Icons of Comedy together !

-

--------------------
Dave

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2019 10:51 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Station West

Full length feature

With 2 cartoons and trailers starting the evening

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2019 10:51 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2019 01:52 AM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We watched a Red Fox print of Amos & Andy Leroy's Suits.
 -
 -
 -
Also, we watched The Second Hundred Years, a great Laurel & Hardy silent film
 -
 -

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2019 07:31 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
November 4th

Spike Jones on super 8
War of the worlds 3 x 400' digest

Royal Wedding feature

Everything on super 8

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 05, 2019 12:58 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A standard 8 film : The Schock (1923) with Lon Chaney.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  226  227  228  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC