8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 231)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  228  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2019 02:23 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just the 300ft Calamity Jane Promo reel last night. Great colour but an intermittent green scratch.

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 28, 2019 04:56 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These last days (but I was too lazy to write before) : Cecil Theatre (quoted from the box : "A newsreel type short showing the cinema goer around the inside of this new cinema, its projection box and in general, how a cinema works"), black and white, looks like from the '60s. Buddy's Theater, a (Warner Bross) 1935 cartoon, the theater is in this case a cinema. Cine Ads 11, a Derann release shown at Blackpool, needles to say good print. Americas Natures Playgroung (quoted, again, from the box : "Niagara Falls, one of the seven wonders of the world opens this terrific travelogue including the Rocky Mountains, Yellowstone Park, Grand Canyon and much more"). An American In Paris trailer. Calypso Cruise, a scope documentary released by Derann, not bad but the original negative was far to be perfect. Two (MGM) scope cartoons : One Droopy Night and Southbound Duckling (Tom and Jerry), both still have good colours, which was not obvious when I Filmguarded them so it was a good surprise. Battlestar Gallactica, an uncomplete (the end is missing and I don't remember where I got it) digest, colours are fading.

--------------------
Dominique

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2019 09:29 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday night
November 28 (Thanksgiving)

1. Mickey Mouse cartoon
2. Fantasia 1940 (first 3 extracts)
3. Flight of the Bumblebee (stereo)
4. Fantasia 2000 (full length stereo sound)

GS 800 x 2. W/changeovers

Showtime 8:00pm
1 hour 45 minutes

Everything super 8

A very enjoyable screening on Thanksgiving night.

No problematic projectors. This could have quite possibly been the BEST SHOW that I have ever run with super 8 at home!

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 30, 2019 06:31 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two nights ago : two scope films. Tears Of The Moon, a documentary about pearls and a cartoon : Millionaire Droopy. My two Droopy scope cartoons have both the same unusual particularity to have the picture not covering all the scope space. Tonight : Days Of Thrills And Laughter (recently acquired at Blackpool and respooled on a large spool). It consists of extracts of silent films with music and comments. Since I love silent films, I spent a good moment. I spliced together the 5 120 mt/400 ft and I notices that, in addition to the classical variations in term of brightness and sharpness, the size of the picture also varies from one reel to the other.

--------------------
Dominique

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 01, 2019 02:41 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember Tears of the Moon at a Derann open day from such a long time ago and Derek projecting it, in fact I videoed him at the back stood next to the projector at the time. Ah fond memories of 'the olden days'

We've been watching quite a few scope 8mm films mostly the 20th Century Fox 200ft reelers which really quite unique on 8mm and a nice thing to have.

I went to see The Miracle of Stereophonic Sound at Bradford some time ago which was a great short. The Orient Express to Hong Kong is another good one.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  228  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC