8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 230)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  227  228  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2019 09:56 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super eight feature length

The lone ranger

One of my scores from Wildwood New Jersey last month

|  IP: Logged

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2019 10:02 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super eight feature length

ALIENS

BEAUTIFUL COLOR ! AND BOOMING SOUNDTRACK !

One of my scores from Wildwood New Jersey last month

--------------------
Dave

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 08, 2019 05:16 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A musical : the Ted Heath reel released by Walton. Very good sound.

--------------------
Dominique

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2019 08:48 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GI BLUES

full length

From the Wildwood weekend

Friday November 8

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2019 11:40 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday November 10

Gorky Park

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2019 12:33 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On saturday: The marketing-film cutdown of WAR OF THE WORLDS

On sunday: Disney’s ALADDIN from Derann
Still one of the best animated pictures ever made

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2019 03:26 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At probably the same time as Oliver was enjoying The War of The Worlds, I was enjoying the delights of Elvis Presley.

My Saturday night film show was Paradise Hawaiian Style 5x 400'

Strange to watch a film that is not red, but has virtually no colour left but is not actually black and white. Pity, as there were very few marks on the film. The good thing was, after checking on Wiki, it appears to be the full length feature.

No film show in the Man Cave next weekend. Just like many of you.... I am going to the SEASIDE !!!

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2019 10:43 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HG WELLS

OF THINGS TO COME

2 cartoons
1 trailer

Wednesday night
November 13 2019

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2019 10:57 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Goose Woman
Feature length

With 2 shorts

Everything super 8 silent

Friday November 15 2019

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2019 06:59 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday night November 17

Prison Train

Feature length with 2 shorts

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 19, 2019 02:52 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ran all the camera originals for Cinema in Miniature II.
Everything seems to be OK and colourful with a rock steady frame line from my Leicina camera. Its been a big project filming up and down the country but we did it.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2019 03:22 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Xmas and NY cinema good wishes promos (B&W 1948/9), trailer for White Christmas and the Tom & Jerry cartoons Triplet Trouble and Puttin' on the Dog. Bought at Blackpool all execelent colour, mainly on Agfa stock.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2019 10:00 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tuesday evening
November 19 2019
9:05pm EST

Richard Pryor Live In Concert
The Universal 8 feature length version

Some fade but very happy to have this one!

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 23, 2019 11:29 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must have been in the mood last night, because I watched a bunch of short films. I set up one S8 machine for 'scope, I left one as is and I had my Kodak Pageant for 16mm.

Pathe Newsreel(1920)
She Flies ('scope)
The Birch Canoe Builder (16mm)
America (West Side Story) ('scope)
Voyage around Newfoundland (16mm)
Sorcerer's Apprentice (Fantasia)
Pacific 231 (16mm)

What made it even more interesting is as my family heard soundtracks they were (or weren't) interested in, my audience grew and shrunk!

(I guess I really should put these away today!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 23, 2019 01:25 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the Blackhawk 4x400 version of Mystery of the Mary Celeste (1935) with Bela Lugosi. I've watched this film several times over the past few years and assumed they all died (spoiler alert [Eek!] !) killed by Lugosi's character. However, the final very quick scene now leaves me confused. Did Lugosi kill the crew, the captain and his wife or was it the hand sent over by the jilted other captain? Anybody want to help me out here [Confused]

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 23, 2019 01:38 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In real life Mary Celeste was found mid-ocean with a couple of feet of water in the hold, the launch missing and not a soul aboard.

-for some reason the entire crew decided to abandon a perfectly good ship and get in a small boat out in the middle of nowhere and to this day nobody knows why.

Maybe the point of the movie wasn't really to solve the mystery!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 23, 2019 05:04 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well that's a bummer ! [Confused] [Confused] [Frown]

--------------------
Janice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 23, 2019 05:05 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well that's a bummer ! [Confused] [Confused] [Frown]

--------------------
Janice

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2019 05:13 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This evening, Saturday 23rd, was my first serious film night since last week's wonderful Blackpool convention.

Those who attended the Saturday dinner will appreciate the fact that the first film I screened this evening was the 5x 600' Sylvester Stallone classic "Rocky."

That was followed by a viewing of another film from Blackpool, the 7x 400' Easter Parade.

As you can see, quite a session!

Tonight's viewing of Rocky clearly demonstrated to me why I am into this hobby so much. I had only seen this film once before, on dvd on a moderately sized TV screen. My opinion was that it was just an "okay" film. After watching it tonight on a 5 1/2 foot wide screen and being able to study the character build up a little better, together with being immersed in the action a lot more, it had a far bigger impact and I can now understand how it got its Oscar.

--------------------

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2019 02:17 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a very uplifting feeling when, after a morning of doing chores together, getting the shopping in etc. I settle down at lunch time with my wife for a snack, and she suddenly blurts out "Do you fancy a film show this afternoon?" (Do I want a film show? A question in this household where the word "no" is not an option)

So, this afternoon, totally unexpected, totally unplanned, we sat back to watch a super 8 feast which consisted of the following...

6x 400' The Lady With The Lamp - Anna Neagle as Florence Nightingale. Nice sharp print and good sound.

1x 400' Divot Diggers starring The Little Rascals. This was the copy shown at Blackpool on the Saturday that was subsequently picked up by me on the Bring and Buy... and had only a few days before been brought from the States by a certain American gentleman! Nice Blackhawk print.

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2019 03:01 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday night 7pm

Some short films attached to the front of ALIENS full length. :-)

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2019 04:41 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Melvin,I must admit 'Divot Diggers' is the first Little Rascals film I've ever seen.Not expecting too much I surprised myself by laughing at some of the antics they got up to. It was a good looking print too.

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2019 04:56 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just this afternoon screened the brave tin soldier comi color cartoon from Blackhawk films still has great Color.
A musical rendition of the Hans Christian Anderson Fairy Tale where a brave tin soldier with only one leg and a toy ballerina find happiness.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 26, 2019 11:48 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We watched "The Secret Of Nimh" for the kiddies last night!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2019 08:08 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday night November 27th @ 650pm

Catherine the Great

With film short Jolson Sings Again

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  227  228  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC