8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2008 02:08 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First I wanna say hello to all, because I'm a new member wirh my first post here [Smile]

I screened last night the full feature of "High Noon" in German.

Regards,
Mike

P.S.: My english is not very good...

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

|  IP: Logged

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2008 07:34 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the forum Michael. I'm sure you will enjoy the discussions here.

Graham- CHC re-released some of DCR's movies and I'm pretty sure that "Tracks Around the Island" was one of them. So you might want to give Phil a call and see if he has it in stock.

James.

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2008 08:05 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a great show last night with the following...

Buck Cheezer-200ft Mountain Cartoon-Sepia tone colour.
Cat Napping-Tom & Jerry-200ft
The Dirty Dozen-400ft-Colour still good!
The Wild Geese-400ft-Colour still great and well edited.
Twilights Last Gleaming-400ft Iver release,shame about the abrupt ending,great colour.
The Seven Ups-Roy Scheider-Superb NY car chase.
Dirty Mary & Crazy Larry-400ftStunning Technicolor print!!

Time for bed!!!

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2008 04:17 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blimey,has no one else been showing any Super 8mm recently?

I had a great show last night...

Trailers-Holocaust 2000,Target Eagle,Chinese Hercules and The Devils Rain.

Logan's Run-400ft digest,the colour on this MGM release is still excellent,shame the print is so soft though,probably because the original was in Cinemascope.

Buck Rogers-Great 2 x 400ft cutdown,again the colours are superb,many thanks to Uncle Ian @ Perrys for this print!!

The Great Escape-Part 1-flat print-This old derann release has not held up well,with faded colour,but still well edited.

Time for bed!!!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 21, 2008 09:45 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems like I'm always either screening something to verify color before putting it on ebay or watching me own precious prints.

Recently, we have watched a slew of new cartoons prints.
One Flinstones 400ft
One Jetsons 400ft
Cat Napping Tom and Jerry 200ft
Fiddlesticks (flip the Frog) 200ft
Bold King Cole (Felix the Cat, still stunned by that Blackhawk print!) 200ft.
Check and Double Check 4X400 (Amos and Andy)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2008 10:19 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was a great line up Osi,I still have a load of new Cartoons to watch myself!!

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2008 10:38 AM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

This month, I've projected some features films in 16mm:

The 1st July: "Je suis timide mais je me soigne", frensh comedy with Pierre Richard, nice print with good colors.
The 4th July: James Bond: The Spy Who Loves Me: english soundtrack with frensh subtitles, good colors, some scratch here and there but great afternoon.
The 8 th July: The Pilot, starring Cliff Robertson and a couple of beautiful DC8. Great print, english soundtrack and in SCOPE!
The 19th July: Planet Of The Apes: starring Charlton Heston, the first and the only one! Good colors, frensh soundtrack and a beautiful SCOPE print.

Regards,

JC.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2008 11:17 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
High Noon on super 8 sound with Gary Cooper. WOW! What a film.....then my Bell Science Labs print of Hemo the Magnificent in 16mm. Someone pointed out the faded print of Hemo was easier to watch for those who are sqeamish......brought back memories of 7th grade.....

CG

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2008 11:58 AM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

yesterday I projected

- 16mm When Harry met Sally: great colors, first 3 minutes missing and some scratches here and there, but really really enjoyable

- super8 Harry the operathic whale: excellent print
- super8 The mines of Moria: excellent as Derann's usual

Next week my wife and me are planning to watch "Clash of the Titans", complete italian super8 print, with really nice colors.

Jean-Marc, I read you have Pixar's Lifted in 35mm. Do you have any chance to get a print to sell?

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 21, 2008 04:18 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fabrizio ...

Is that "Clash of the Titan's" print the one that we saw screen shots of here on the forum? It appeared to be quite a nice print.

--------------------

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2008 01:42 AM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

I don't know if it's the same, as I haven't seen that photo.
Anyway, usually it's a nice print with a good sound, but the majority of copies come from rental and so may have quite a number of splices and lines.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 22, 2008 03:36 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've started our series of outdoor shows four nights ago (all 16mm), the first two nights were dedicated to Soundies, two days ago we had some more soundies and Disney's Mr Toad (superb print recently purchased from Doktor Bister), yesterday we screened a slightly faded print (but otherwise in great condition) of Terence Fisher's Bride of Dracula.

An excellent scope print of The Wild Bunch is scheduled for tonight...

Michael: Welcome to the forum.

[ November 06, 2010, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2008 04:17 AM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc, I tried to send you a PM but the system blocked it.

Can you please send me your email address? Mine is finnepinne (at) libero (dot) it

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2008 06:30 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blimey!! you guys have been well busy with your recent screenings,I don't think an outside screening would be feasible here in the UK as it rains too much!!!

Cheers MW

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2008 07:26 AM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc, I received your mail but my replies came back due to problems of your mail server

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 22, 2008 07:45 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fabrizio, instead of replying to my mail, try to compose a new one. Use either the address I gave you or this one:

jmtoussaint (at) amusement-id (dot) com

All other emails are going through fine and I usually receive PM alerts from the forum.

Sorry about the OT lads.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 22, 2008 10:41 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean, Is that "Wild Bunch" 16MM or Super 8?

I'd love to find "Wild Bunch" in super 8 ... and scope!

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 23, 2008 10:48 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi: everything we project these days is on 16

Screening of the Wild Bunch is postponed til tomorrow.
Yesterday we showed another selection of soundies and Knick-Knack.

[ November 06, 2010, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2008 03:09 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

Today, I show: DESTROY ALL MONSTER
aka: les envahisseurs attaquent.
A great Godzilla movie, with a lot of monsters!
A good 16mm print in Scope, with good colors. frensh version.

Regards,

JC.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 29, 2008 03:13 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After another evening of assorted soundies from the 60s (out host has dozens of these), yesterday we screened Mario Bava's "Blood and Black Lace". Great ltbx print with beautiful colours.

--------------------

peter booth
Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2008 06:09 AM      Profile for peter booth   Email peter booth       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday we screened Super 8mm,
Ghosts On The Loose 400ft Thunderbirds release, East Side Kids with Bela Lugosi
Batman & Robin 400ft Episode 2 Tunnel Of Terror
Pathe Pic-Hawaii 200ft
The Candlelight Murder 2x400ft Edgar Lustgarten Scotland Yard Mystery.
A good time was had by all,including the choc ices.
Regards,Peter.
P.S. WELCOME MICHAEL.

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2008 07:14 AM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be showing at the weekend the following Hammer double bill on 16mm

Taste the Blood of Dracula (1970)
The Satanic Rites of Dracula (1973)

Also time permitting !?!

Taste of Fear (1961)

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted August 01, 2008 02:57 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two nights ago, we screened the Hammer version of The Mummy. Good print but faded to sepia, which gave the film, set in the 1890s, a true vintage feeling.
Outdoor screenings at our present location are over, we're moving back to Paris...

--------------------

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2008 11:55 AM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

2 days ago, I've projected "Jaws", super 8, 2x400ft.

Always a great thril!

JC.

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2008 08:53 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night we had an end-of-summer camp out ending up with the whole family sleeping in the back yard under the moon and stars in a tent. The gorgeous weather also made it perfect for a late-evening impromptu show consisting of neither the best equipment nor prints, but delivered the mesmerizing charm of film just the same:
The Dog Reel - extracts from Lady and the Tramp (1) and 101 Dalmatians (2).
Batman and Robin, Chapter 2 "Tunnel of Terror"
The Herbie Reel (3 extracts, 1 from each feature).
Here you can see the quickest-to-set-up Canon PS-1000 at work, and our screen hung out on the shed under the stars. Too bad we don't get to do this more often.
 -
 -

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC