8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 61st BFCC 27th October 2012 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: 61st BFCC 27th October 2012
Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2012 05:21 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great News, well done Keith

Take a look at new venue

scroll down to 'next events'

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2012 06:43 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely tremendous news! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

To Keith, John and everyone else involved, I just don't know where you find the energy, but thank goodness you do!

Just what our wonderful hobby needs...well done you guys [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted February 23, 2012 08:17 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent news! If any overseas visitors are able to spend just over 3 weeks in England, I'd recommend arriving just before the BFCC and including Blackpool in the same visit!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 23, 2012 08:40 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What wonderful news! I am sure Keith and John have worked very hard to find a new venue, so congrats to them both.
Now we need to ensure a great turn out in October. Spread the word. I will try to be there, even though I have already booked a trip to the UK in May. Have to see if I can work that out.
But its going to be great to know that the BFCC is up and running again!

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted February 24, 2012 01:01 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent news.
Looks like a nice venue.
[Smile]

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2012 01:03 PM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is all down to Keith chaps as I'm miles away now in darkest Cornwall. All I've done is tried to encourage him and pass on messages from the forums from those who still want the hobby to continue.

Now frankly everyone, if you can get to Ealing on 27th October then you really do have to make the effort. I'm not saying you should come over from the other side of the world or anything like that but there are plenty of film collecting enthusiasts in England who aren't that far away whom we rarely or never see.

Don't forget Susanne and I now do a round trip of 500 miles with the heaviest Super 8 projector that ever existed just to help put on a show worthy of the admission price. The Ruislip convention cost us a lot in terms of time and loss of earnings. In total our losses there were about £600. Keith also invested his own money in putting that one on as he didn't feel he could charge enough on admission to cover the costs owing to all the moaning minnies in that regard he's had over the years. So USE IT OR LOSE IT is what I'm saying.

Phil Sheard has come to the rescue with 'Film Collecting' magazine and now Keith Wilton has opted to try to carry on the greatest film collecting convention in the history of film collecting conventions. Please all support him in this venture.

The day will conclude with ZULU because the 35mm projector packed up just as a reel of Zulu was threaded at Ruislip!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 24, 2012 01:12 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think John has said it all. But there are a lot of collectors who don't use these forums, so word somehow needs to get to them.
This may be the last BFCC if Keith does not see a big turn out.
How far is the new venue from the Ealing Town Hall? Map anyone?

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2012 02:18 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to do my best to be there again! Any excuse to go to London is a good one!

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2012 02:24 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great news indeed!

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2012 03:48 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith walked it from the tube station the other day Paul and it is a brisk ten minute walk. We'll stick a map up on the web site soon. Correct that, I've just done it. Link to the map is in the blurb on the home page.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2012 01:58 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...great news-and,in all fairness,I preferred Ealing to Ruislip...

--------------------
Yannis

Darren Payne
Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2012 04:41 PM      Profile for Darren Payne   Email Darren Payne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Keith et al :-)

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2012 01:54 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And while we're on this subject, re: conventions like Blackpool...and I don't know David Guest from Adam (the one who runs the new Blackpool Convention I mean, not the legendary David Guest who presents on regional BBC each night, whom I know reasonably well! [Smile] )...best wishes for a very successful 2nd year at Blackpool.

All these guys do an amazing job in keeping our wonderful hobby going!

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2012 03:00 PM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what a fantastic news. See you all there
regards
Leon [Wink]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 27, 2012 11:33 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John has posted the map on the BFCC home page (although the text still refers to Ruislip).
Looks like its a stone throw from Keith's house on Gordon Road, so that should make it quite a bit easier on Keith and John.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2012 02:57 PM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to Keith for finding this venue and to John and Sue for there trek from the far shores of Cornwall. Look forward to meeting up with fellow forum members again. It's been a long wait.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2012 04:11 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, the text doesn't refer to Ruislip anywhere that I can see. If you are seeing this on the home page then it is just your browser using cached information. Microsoft is particularly prone to this since they removed the check mark option to update every page when visited. If the reference is somewhere else please email me so I can correct it. I run that web site simply as a service to collectors, it is not a business, so any help in keeping it up to date by pointing out errors is greatly appreciated.

--------------------

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 29, 2012 11:08 AM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope to be there as usual.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 29, 2012 11:24 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very strange! When I access BFCC.BIZ from the AOL browser I get the correct St Benedicts write up but the Ruislip map! [Eek!] . But when I access BFCC.BIZ through Internet Explorer I get the correct St Benedicts write up and the correct St. Benedicts map. Probably my computer, and I am sure it will all eventually correct itself.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 29, 2012 01:32 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, will Brain Murphy be there, yet again? Love that guys comedy!

Fingers crossed on my albums and website, (to be relaunched in May) taking off and "copping the lolly", so we could actually go to one of these, before they become extinct!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 29, 2012 03:20 PM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would love to meet you Osi. Have been to all of these conventions from the very start. And have really emjoyed the trip. I really do appretiate all the organizers of these events over the time and how how much effort is put into these conventions. So nice to meet fellow collectors around the UK and others from overseas, including Paul Adsett who has been a regular attender. Try to get over Osi it's well worth the trip.

Desmond Godwin
Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2012 05:14 PM      Profile for Desmond Godwin   Author's Homepage   Email Desmond Godwin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks a great Venue. Wish i could be there. [Frown] Would be magic to spend most of the day in the set-up cinema just watching the film programs. [Smile] I hope someone will make a video of it and post it online so that folk (like myself) who cannot be there may at least get a 'look in' on it.

Desmond.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 26, 2012 01:18 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a plea for someone here to post lots of BFCC photos, similar to the excellent pics that Claus posted for Cinesea.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2012 05:43 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...wish I could be there but work commitments say otherwise!

Hope it's a complete success for Keith and many thanks to him and his team for their continued support of the film collecting community, have a great day at the new venue.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 27, 2012 01:10 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thoroughly enjoyed the day. The new venue is fantastic, much roomier than Ruislip. The Bring and Buy area was particularly given a lot more space than in previous years.
I didn't catch all of the film show but what I saw was up to the usual high standard of presentation and content. I have a question for those who may know - who released the "Hollywood Picnic" print we saw in the first hour?

It was great to meet up with and chat with all the usual suspects - Kev, John Clancy, John Salim, Mal, Colin, Mark Mander, Mark Williams, etc...

There were many bargains to be had, including a nice looking GS1200 Xenon at 'round about £500. Plenty of dealers tables. Maybe it was just me but the dealers all seemed much happier in the new place. Maybe it's the extra space.

Well done, Keith and John.
[Smile]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC